Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Give RPGs Goofy Awards

howlingFantods

Learned
Like so:

The Grayest Game Award:
Wizardry 6- wow this game is gray. There are other gray games that are bordering on monochrome but this one is somehow AGGRESSIVELY gray. Yeah, it has some color but it makes up for it by having a constant shade of gray that can only be described as “existential nightmare gray”. Very impressive.

Runner ups: Dungeon Master, Fallout 3

Stupidest Hair in an RPG Award:
Vagrant Story
ashley-riot-vagrant-story.jpg

Seemingly inspired by a lightning bolt, or maybe errant pubic hair, hair does not get much stupider than this.

Runner ups: to list runner ups would be an insult to just how stupid this guy’s hair is. The runner ups would not even be on the same plateau

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
The "Come at me Bro!" Award goes to...

... Realms of Arkania HD

UbnXcfq.jpg

I'm aware of Xvarts, it was just funny to
so many of them in BG1 where they are basically nonexistent in most other CRPGs.

Oh, also, the meta award for 'Goofy Awards in RPGs'...

never played it... but can't help myself

Goofy_Kingdom_Hearts_Fanon_Wiki.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You must gather your party before venturing forth award: all Infinity Engine games except for PST.

Updated my journal award: Planescape Torment.

Getting shot in the back by Ian award: Fallout.

Potato face award: Oblivion.

Raising INT to 6.000.000 with self-brewed potions award: Morrowind.

Most "fuck"s in dialogue award: Age of Decadence.

Refusing gay sex is evil award: Dragon Age 2 and 3.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
"The Player Character with most heads award" goes to Wizardry 8.

Yes, that's one creature with 6 humanoid heads, each with its own brain capable of understanding the concept of character class.

Murk

Arcane
Smoothest transition of voice actors for the same character award: The Master Carpenter Thorben in Gothic 2: Night of the Raven

Swigen

Arbiter
#metoo award goes to Sacred, Titan Quest, Baldur’s Gate: Deadly Alliance, Champions of Norrath, Torchlight, Torchlight 2, Victor Vran, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, etc, etc....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom