Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
so... am i missing something? Ai is very simplistic and doesnt cover custom spells. WHat I mostly wish for is having verse not change her stance...
Apparently I just made do with default AI. Can't speak for potd difficulty, but fine tuning isn't really necessary.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Never bothered with party AI in one of these games. Tyranny seems to warrant it least of all with only 4 party members.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Never bothered with party AI in one of these games. Tyranny seems to warrant it least of all with only 4 party members.
4 party members with a bunch of cooldown-based abilities, similar to Dragon Age: Origins.

skaraher

Cipher
The single most retarded quest in this game was the murder-inheritance plot with the lesbian couple in Lethian's crossing. Like one of the gay couple is the heir to the town, so by murdering her, her wife became the heir ? I don't think there is a single place in the multiverse where succession workd that way. Plus there is no outcome to this quest other than blindly attacking or just shrug and leave the culprit alone, even tho u're supposed to be some kind of all-powerful magistrate in conquered land. It reeked of unfinished design and mental retardation.

The story was not really engaging, lots of talk about what Kyros' law means for the land but you don't really get enough build up to really care about it either in a good or bad way.

Also the magic system isn't as good as the fans make it up to be, it's easy to see which abilities are better and just spam them like a regular cooldown fest.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Like one of the gay couple is the heir to the town, so by murdering her, her wife became the heir ? I don't think there is a single place in the multiverse where succession workd that way.

Married partner gets dead married partner's land, makes sense to me. She married into it.

Plus there is no outcome to this quest other than blindly attacking or just shrug and leave the culprit alone, even tho u're supposed to be some kind of all-powerful magistrate in conquered land. It reeked of unfinished design and mental retardation.

As I recall, the choices are walk away, offer to kill the person she wants for money, or kill her. It's a minor sidequest that isn't available in every playthrough (I didn't even get the option to do it on my first go) so it wasn't worth devoting too much time to.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Never worked that way, the children inherit their parents property how would you become the new heir in a gay mariage, it is beyond retarded

In this particular region of Tyranny world, only women own property. Men own the ships of the sea. This is explained through NPCs. :M

Arnust

Savant
Never worked that way, the children inherit their parents property how would you become the new heir in a gay mariage, it is beyond retarded

In this particular region of Tyranny world, only women own property. Men own the ships of the sea. This is explained through NPCs. :M
It's explained as soon as of the character creation screen yeah, no excuse.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno, gimme a seaship over a house every time. Plus you can live on your ship far away from womynland if required.

skaraher

Cipher

It's explained as soon as of the character creation screen yeah, no excuse.

Enatic succession don't mean gay mariage is a thing, and surely don't mean you can inherit whole towns with a scam mariage. No society work that way. There is no way to expose the murderer, if you kill her, you lose reputation with the town. Tyranny prides itself in gritty EVUL EMPIRE with historical undertone, but it's just a SJWfest of power fantasies.

Also its "women inherit lol" isn't even coherent as the Regent line you fight in Stalwart is male.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's almost as if Cucksidian put exactly 0 thought into how a bronze age culture would operate.

The whole premise is that men own ships and travel the world, while women own land because they stay home. Would think this particular piece of worldbuilding would be more popular here.

Anyway, it’s a high magic Bronze Age, who the fuck knows how that would work? With magical birth control and magical healing to lower infant mortality, you’d probably have a more egalitarian society along gender lines since women wouldn’t need to have like eight kids to ensure the population stays stable.

skaraher

Cipher
It's almost as if Cucksidian put exactly 0 thought into how a bronze age culture would operate.

The whole premise is that men own ships and travel the world, while women own land because they stay home. Would think this particular piece of worldbuilding would be more popular here.

Anyway, it’s a high magic Bronze Age, who the fuck knows how that would work? With magical birth control and magical healing to lower infant mortality, you’d probably have a more egalitarian society along gender lines since women wouldn’t need to have like eight kids to ensure the population stays stable.

You don't see any ship in game and you see as many men than women in commanding military position. If this was supposed to be a super-coherent and subversive world building, they sure failed to show it in game. Hell Lethian's crossing is even headed by a male. The human community leaders of the Bastard's Wound ? All males. Stalwart regent ? Male. Stalwart unbroken commander ? Male. And in parallel you have retarded buzzcut fest, quests that don't make any sense like that one with the gay mariage inheritence one, it don't feel as a cohesive whole. Almost as if several writers were all working on small setpieces and not communicating a bit with eachoter. The only matriarchal part that feels remotely coherent and organic, and it's pretty isolated from the rest of the factions, is the beastwomen with their Prima.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You don't see any ship in game and you see as many men than women in commanding military position. If this was supposed to be a super-coherent and subversive world building, they sure failed to show it in game. Hell Lethian's crossing is even headed by a male. The human community leaders of the Bastard's Wound ? All males. Stalwart regent ? Male. Stalwart unbroken commander ? Male. And in parallel you have retarded buzzcut fest, quests that don't make any sense like that one with the gay mariage inheritence one, it don't feel as a cohesive whole. Almost as if several writers were all working on small setpieces and not communicating a bit with eachoter. The only matriarchal part that feels remotely coherent and organic, and it's pretty isolated from the rest of the factions, is the beastwomen with their Prima.

Women owning all the real estate is not the same as women holding all the political power. Like, the woman who owns most of the land in Lethian’s Crossing is not the ruler of Lethian’s Crossing. No one says the Tiers are a matriarchal society. Eb also explains this in a lot more detail—in some places it’s more of a tradition than a rigidly enforced law.

If you do rebel run, you will notice there are a lot more female leaders among the rebels.

Arnust

Savant
Inheritance for retards here and IRL: It's literally all priorities. It's just that it's the reverse as we usually do. That goddamn simple. Eb repeats it anyway;
Eb: "For centuries, it has been our way that the men own the ships but the women own the harbors. Our customs don't truly prevent ownership, they limit inheritance - lands pass to daughters then sisters then mothers and aunts. Ships pass to sons then brothers then fathers and uncles."
There also isn't really a mainstream sexist current as we know it outside of sometimes the Disfavored (whose leader's right hand is a woman) in their usual fascist bursts, and part of their remnants of resistance to Kyros as under them they have equal standing and protection. Ashe's niece is too a girl, as the rightful heir, so I'm not sure where you were getting at there.

Lethian's Crossing also doesn't really have a leader other than the one you set up in Conquest and later, it kinda defaults to the village elder but he doesn't really have any relevance. And the lesbian thing's pretty simple, that they have ownership of the territory doesn't mean they rule over it as Kyros' Law overrides any existing claims as it is convenient for the occupation.

For more relevant women idk lessay, Sirin, Occulted Jade, the aforementioned head logistician Iron Marshal, Verse, Eb, the Forger leader, Tarkis Arri and Matani Sybil, Lesbian 1, Fatebinder Calio, Vendrien's Queen (which alas you murder offscreen), Commander Elia- Idk lad there's a fair few if anything the gender politics angle could be more about those leading women proving faulty or incompetent often more than not being there at all in the first place.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
it doesnt require much thought to play.
its perfectly fine for 4$
I guess the question isn't about the $4 but more about is it worth my time at all. Sounds like it's interesting enough to at least try. Thanks everyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom