Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

jf8350143

Liturgist
Honestly, didn't they already say FPP cutscenes only for a while now? At the very least, so long as they're able to be as interesting as the one from the 48 minute demo where you get a new eye, I'd be fine.

At this 48 minutes game play video there was third person cut scene. Only in game play you are always FPP.

Now it's always FPP 24/7, including the cut scene. And the excuse they use is some next level bullshit.

It's OK to say "we don't have the time and resources to do this and that so we cut it out.", just like Obsidian with Outer Worlds.

Cut shit out and pretending it's some vision they have to make the game better is pathetic.

Glenda Glenn

Learned
Now it's always FPP 24/7, including the cut scene.
Sounds like character creation screen, character/skill screen, inventory screen and perhaps the occasional mirror are the only remaining opportunities in the game that will let you see your tranny. By the looks of things, I won't be surprised if they ditch the whole custom character thing before the release.

PS. Butthurt fanboys calling everyone else butthurt. Well, let me tell you, you're gonna need a butt implant soon. :lol:

Quillon

Arcane
Fuck cutscenes anyway, hope they never take camera control away from player unless PC can't turn his head for some physical reason.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Now it's always FPP 24/7, including the cut scene.
Sounds like character creation screen, character/skill screen, inventory screen and perhaps the occasional mirror are the only remaining opportunities in the game that will let you see your tranny. By the looks of things, I won't be surprised if they ditch the whole custom character thing before the release.

PS. Butthurt fanboys calling everyone else butthurt. Well, let me tell you, you're gonna need a butt implant soon. :lol:

They should just skip the gender slider controversy and make the player character a potato. It is Projekt Red we're talking about, after all. Besides, that would also please all the non-binary types out there that bust a spring when they can't play as a hat or a lamp shade.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Fuck cutscenes anyway, hope they never take camera control away from player unless PC can't turn his head for some physical reason.
Don't worry, you won't be move your neck anyway since it's first person, all you can do is turn around to see your left, it will makes you immersively feel like playing as C3PO.

Glenda Glenn

Learned
Don't worry, you won't be move your neck anyway since it's first person, all you can do is turn around to see your left, it will makes you immersively feel like playing as C3PO.
i.e. The player character is gonna have a blindspot...that someone can exploit... :lol:

:mixedemotions:

Curratum

Uff.... is this an RPG or a cinematic game?? I don´t know what to think about cyberpunk 2077 anymore

This is starting to look like an increasing case of a game that tries to appeal to everyone and please everyone and accomodate more playstyles and options than Jesus, but at the end of the day, the systems supporting all of this and the immersion you get from it suffers.

I too don't know what to think anymore...

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Ok, so you can play brute force or stealth. Basically 2 character "classes".

"And every hybrid you can imagine"

Lol, no.

Kinda underwhelming demo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom