Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wait, this is about INSTANT mail, not mail as a whole. As far as i remember, instant mail was something that was added in one of the expansions. Waiting an hour for mail was normal in vanilla.

JBro

Arbiter
This was completely random. I was just passing through.
Om6dwe0.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
This was completely random. I was just passing through.
Om6dwe0.jpg
Keep us posted if you do get sanctioned somehow.

On a sidenote, I just spotted a guy running a stupid anti-afk script jumping every 10 seconds like a retard. Reported him.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I made a macro that presses W on my keyboard every 5 seconds, but it somehow doesn't even move my character an inch in game.

It does prevent me from going AFK, but I had the same kind of macros years ago and it would do a step forward every time.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
While it was normal to wait 1 hour in vanilla to send items to yourself (money and words are instant as far as I gathered), there is no need for it to not be instant. You can still use the mail as a bank as long as you don't need the items immediately. It's pointless waiting, you could always use guildies as a mail service but that would get annoying for them if you do it too much. And some people would do it too much, it's called bank chars.

DDZ

Patron
The only change I would accept if they would implement dropping items on the floor so that you can mule like you did in Diablo II.

Man the shitstorms would be great if someone found a Staff of Jordan behind a tree in Durotar.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I always assumed they did it for technical reasons, to put less stress on the server etc, it never even occurred to me it was by choice.

DDZ

Patron
Anyone know a site that has a list of trainable skills by level? So I know if it's worth to go see a trainer?

I am having a hard time googling it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Anyone know a site that has a list of trainable skills by level? So I know if it's worth to go see a trainer?

I am having a hard time googling it.
Yeah. Go to Classic Wowhead -> Database -> Classes -> Whatever class you want -> scroll down to Related -> Spells. It lists talents first, though.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The only change I would accept if they would implement dropping items on the floor so that you can mule like you did in Diablo II.

Man the shitstorms would be great if someone found a Staff of Jordan behind a tree in Durotar.

The best way to find those goodies in D2 had to be free parking rooms.

For the uninitiated, new D2 characters had to be played in-game a certain number of hours or they'd expire in 3 days so a free parking game room was pretty much people that sat their alts there for a couple hours and that way they'd eventually bypass the expiration timer. This was also a good way of passing items along to your mules, since the games would remain open and it only had AFKers in it, one could assume they would safely be able to go to some corner of the Rogue Encampment or out in the Blood Moor and drop some quality gear/runes to move around.

Of course, what some people didn't bank on was a CUNNING FOX like me that would intentionally troll those games and pretend to be AFK but in reality would sit there watching and patiently waiting. I'd see a player come in, go to their stash, run off in a direction, then leave the game. I'd quickly run to where they went and swipe whatever they dropped. Because I played D2 on and off over the years, my accounts/names usually died off due to inactivity. This was my main way of gearing up a new character.

What, you think I was the sort to join "FREE ITEMS" games and run around like a fucking loser as some Smitelord dropped random stuff so a train of beggars could greedily lap it up? Yeah, right, I actually have dignity and self-respect, buddy. Now let me sit in this game for 2 hours straight and watch intently for someone to fall into the trap.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't know why people are complaining about mail taking an hour. That was the way it worked in vanilla and the entire point of classic is supposed to be mimic vanilla. People have bitched in this thread over the smallest, most irrelevant fucking changes.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't know why people are complaining about mail taking an hour. That was the way it worked in vanilla and the entire point of classic is supposed to be mimic vanilla. People have bitched in this thread over the smallest, most irrelevant fucking changes.
Yeah, and remember that guy that complained about people playing on multiple servers? :lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's not an irrelevant complaint, people use bank alts and use bank alts to store consumables for raids. You'll have to either keep them in your bank all the time or log in an hour before raid time just to send your consumables. It's also retarded having to to wait 2 hours to send mats from one alt to another and back for profession purposes. I'm pretty sure they'll change it at one point.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's not an irrelevant complaint, people use bank alts and use bank alts to store consumables for raids. You'll have to either keep them in your bank all the time or log in an hour before raid time just to send your consumables. It's also retarded having to to wait 2 hours to send mats from one alt to another and back for profession purposes. I'm pretty sure they'll change it at one point.

All you gotta do is plan accordingly.

Since this is how it was in vanilla, there's no point complaining. You can argue that this is one change they can make that would make vanilla better than it was. Maybe, but don't forget one of the reasons people are adamant in wanting classic to be exactly how vanilla was is that once you give Blizzard an inch to start making changes, even good ones maybe, you just know they are going to take the whole arm and turn the whole thing into shit. Better to have vanilla with all it's warts than open that Pandora box.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, and remember that guy that complained about people playing on multiple servers? :lol:
Not really getting your point, bro. It's not like playing on multiple servers is a new change or anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom