Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It was really not that weird in classic anyway, because if you have an alt of another faction you have to have it on another realm.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I took my Human Warrior to the dwarf starting area to level mining and get a bit of copper for my blacksmithing and tons of dwarves to told me to get out and to build a wall to keep the wrong-sized people stealing their ore out. (Not an RP server.)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I took my Human Warrior to the dwarf starting area to level mining and get a bit of copper for my blacksmithing and tons of dwarves to told me to get out and to build a wall to keep the wrong-sized people stealing their ore out. (Not an RP server.)
Are you on whitemane?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
All you gotta do is plan accordingly.

Since this is how it was in vanilla, there's no point complaining. You can argue that this is one change they can make that would make vanilla better than it was. Maybe, but don't forget one of the reasons people are adamant in wanting classic to be exactly how vanilla was is that once you give Blizzard an inch to start making changes, even good ones maybe, you just know they are going to take the whole arm and turn the whole thing into shit. Better to have vanilla with all it's warts than open that Pandora box.
I'd agree if they hadn't already made changes. Like new raid frames, sending more than 1 item in the mailbox at once or the ability to take everything from the mailbox. That line has already been crossed. And it's not like you can't circumvent the waiting by either having two accounts (which is shady) or using your guildies.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
All you gotta do is plan accordingly.

Since this is how it was in vanilla, there's no point complaining. You can argue that this is one change they can make that would make vanilla better than it was. Maybe, but don't forget one of the reasons people are adamant in wanting classic to be exactly how vanilla was is that once you give Blizzard an inch to start making changes, even good ones maybe, you just know they are going to take the whole arm and turn the whole thing into shit. Better to have vanilla with all it's warts than open that Pandora box.
I'd agree if they hadn't already made changes. Like new raid frames, sending more than 1 item in the mailbox at once or the ability to take everything from the mailbox. That line has already been crossed. And it's not like you can't circumvent the waiting by either having two accounts (which is shady) or using your guildies.

Not to mention they had the audacity to disable the automated LFG tool from the game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Heck yeah brother I love playing with faceless strangers that don't say a word and might as well be robots!

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I played since a few months after release and I never knew that.

Or maybe I forgot.

J1M

Arcane
If you want instant storage go to the bank and buy another bag slot.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Heck yeah brother I love playing with faceless strangers that don't say a word and might as well be robots!
Just because you spammed "LF3M WC" and some rando wisped "inv" doesn't mean that guy is going to be socializing with you compared to if he was matched with you automatically. Since wisping "inv" is not exactly a socialization check.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah and it's super easy. This is one of the reasons why I always sort of hated tuning things Blizzlike. We got shitloads of complaints when we were making shit too easy by making them actually Blizzlike. That's why our AQ release also got blasted (aside from two notable bugs that we fixed within a week). It was 'too easy' even if our numbers were those directly provided by Blizzard.

People really have forgotten just how easy the game was in terms of tactics etc. in the past. The real difficulty was always trash mobs and reaction to them and even now outside of mobs that fear (and if you're too dumb to not pull back) the shit you deal with is simplistic even numbers wise. Naxxramas is probably the only real difficulty bumb. Beyond that entire raids can have less mechanics and things to pay attention for than bosses in retail WoW

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
1.12 class balance and itemization also play a role, though. I was advocating for them to buff the raids to compensate, but Blizz like to shoot themselves in the foot.

cw8

Cipher
Wipe hehe. Should be an unlucky attempt since they've been doing it countless times on private server, as some people said.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Wipe hehe. Should be an unlucky attempt since they've been doing it countless times on private server, as some people said.
32 people by the raid frames. Someone in his chat said they're not all 60, but idk.

EDIT: Streamer just said he has Onslaught girdle and loads of his gear is shitty greens.

cw8

Cipher
Just curious, where do they get so much time to play? Are they playing everyday for the whole day? I'm always envious of people who don't have to work.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Just curious, where do they get so much time to play? Are they playing everyday for the whole day? I'm always envious of people who don't have to work.
Not everyone is a wageslave.

I used to pull off "4 days played" level 60 just by following Johana's guide. It's been 7 days since release.

4 days played = 96 hours. That's 14h hours a day for 7 days. Which is EASY, and it leaves you plenty of time to sleep.

But if you're in a guild, you can do dungeon farm runs and you can do it way faster. So I don't see the problem.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't know about all of them, but Monkeynews, I presume, is getting his bills paid from streaming. The rest of them have probably been designing their lives around the game since they started playing private servers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom