Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Whipped Cream

Savant
Patron
Something that a lot of people seam to be forgetting is that CDPR's last game (Gwent) has lootboxes in it. Yes its a free-to-play cardgame, so its a somewhat different situaton, but lootboxes are lootboxes no whatter how you twist and turn it. Thus even though I think they probably won't put that type of monetization in their multiplayer to maintain their good reputation among gamers (their reputation as "the good guys" is worth many many millions of dollars in lost lootbox sales), there are reasons to be concerned about how they are planning to make returns on the many millions of dollars that adding multiplayer to the game is going to cost.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Something that a lot of people seam to be forgetting is that CDPR's last game (Gwent) has lootboxes in it. Yes its a free-to-play cardgame, so its a somewhat different situaton, but lootboxes are lootboxes no whatter how you twist and turn it. Thus even though I think they probably won't put that type of monetization in their multiplayer to maintain their good reputation among gamers (their reputation as "the good guys" is worth many many millions of dollars in lost lootbox sales), there are reasons to be concerned about how they are planning to make returns on the many millions of dollars that adding multiplayer to the game is going to cost.

That return will be made by extra copies sold to multiplayerfags, no lootboxes necessary.

And isn't "lootbox" (card pack with unknown content) a staple of card games since card games became a thing? That is very different than doing the same in game like Cyberpunk.

Mazisky

Magister

Their motto was always "we are not greedy like other publishers", even saying it directly on twitter. They won't screw up the opinion people have about them.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

BTW is anything known about race selection in character creation? How will the interface function that allows you to choose a race for V?
Character creation is briefly shown in the new (upscaled) video.

Nothing is yet known about multiple voice sets for the same sex, right?
White voice: give me the data chip.
Black voice: Sheeeiiiiiiit, nigga, sheeeiiiiit. Muffugin gibs me dat info chip or watevera duh fuq, neeeaaga fo I bust a cap in yo ass.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Black voice: Sheeeiiiiiiit, nigga, sheeeiiiiit. Muffugin gibs me dat info chip or watevera duh fuq, neeeaaga fo I bust a cap in yo ass.
:hero:
Female White voice : Give me that data chip. Because I only make 70c for each $1 you make and I deserve that chip.
Asian voice : Give me that ching chong chip

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's what I was thinking. The Character creation they've demoed had some sort of presets for faces, where I saw a black and an asian preset. My question is what happens if I create a black character, will the voice be the same as that of the white character we've been seeing in demos? And from everything it seems that yes, it will be the same. Possible source of drama. :D

They're not going to record more than 1 for male and 1 for female voice sets.
It's not like Inquisition already did that 5 years ago. pretty lazy in my opinion at least one more for each sex should be possible for them.
That means re-recording all possible dialogue lines, for both sexes, and at least in English, but most probably in other languages as well.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It's not like Inquisition already did that 5 years ago. pretty lazy in my opinion at least one more for each sex should be possible for them.
How many dialogue lines there were in this Inquisition for player character?

Possible source of drama.
It wasn't in Mass Effect or any other game, but I see what you're saying, yeah.

TBH, though, I think that in the future, the virtue signalling will just mean hiring black voice actors for "Diversity" and all.

Though we're about to reach a point with deep learning voice datasets that the player will be able to use their own voice.

Cat Dude

Savant
:hero:
Female White voice : Give me that data chip. Because I only make 70c for each $1 you make and I deserve that chip.
Asian voice : Give me that ching chong chip

Female asian voice : Haiya give me that chip lah. ( continue with ching chong ling long ting tong)

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
It gonna be hilarious to see all CDPR chills trying defend the fact that they don't have a voice for each race.

Gerrard

Arcane
AT3eW2H.png

jf8350143

Liturgist
They're not going to record more than 1 for male and 1 for female voice sets.

CDPR don't give a shit about these "small" things. It's the same mindset make them put a pre-made character on the cover of the game.

They even said V will has his/her own personality despite they should be character created and defined by the player.

Curratum

For actual worries, I fear that as a shooter player first and foremost, this game will be a complete mechanical and gameplay disappointment to me. If the world, sights and quests are not the most amazing thing, I might end up not liking the whole package.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Of course they’re adding multiplayer. There’s clearly a lot of Grand Theft Auto in CP2077. GTA5 is the best-selling video game of all time—they’ve moved more than 110 million copies—yet it’s made the bulk of its money (definitely more than half at this point) from micotransactions in GTA Online.

CDPR believes (with good reason) that this game is going to have a gigantic user base. If they didn’t add multiplayer, they’d be leaving a staggering amount of money on the table. Don’t hate the game, hate the dipshit players who collectively spend billions of dollars a year on garbage like in-game outfits.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Yes, because the best way to improve your newest single-player RPG is to spend time, money and effort better used elsewhere on a multiplayer component that nobody will be playing a month from launch.

frajaq

Erudite
For actual worries, I fear that as a shooter player first and foremost, this game will be a complete mechanical and gameplay disappointment to me. If the world, sights and quests are not the most amazing thing, I might end up not liking the whole package.

On the most recent official video (the Deep Dive Video) I was disappointed by how unsatisfying some of the gunplay was (on the Solo section)

https://youtu.be/FknHjl7eQ6o?t=502

That massive machine gun you rip off the turret doesn't feel like it has much weight to it

Cat Dude

Savant

On the most recent official video (the Deep Dive Video) I was disappointed by how unsatisfying some of the gunplay was (on the Solo section)

https://youtu.be/FknHjl7eQ6o?t=502

That massive machine gun you rip off the turret doesn't feel like it has much weight to it

The Witcher 3 combat is not good either so I can live with bad gunplay in Cyberpunk 2077. My biggest concern is bad first person camera movement. It doesn't represent someone walking or running on foot. Too on rail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom