Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Siora Dislikes: colonizers, mansplainers, science.
FIERCE!
I'll probably gift her to Petrus, I have a feeling he might be able to find several uses for her
Is it actually confirmed that you can do something like that? How about straight up killing companions?
Jokes aside I have no idea if you can kill companions but it's been confirmed that they may leave your party if you upset them, so hopefully companions are optional rather than forced on you. So you may not be able to kill them, but you'll definitely be able to get rid of ones that annoy you. At least, I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the case.
I just wish every RPG allowed you to straight up kill anybody who you don't like... get creative with it. Sacrifice them to a god for stat boosts (PoE), sell them to slavery (Fallout), pimp them out (Fallout) etc etc. I pine for real evil RP.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i hope they really have balls to make companions turn on you. that every choices you have to let go of someone with the opposite beliefs. not like "oh yeah, you go and violate everything i believe in, act against my people, possibly killing them too, but but but the power of friendship is magic!"

hell, make one of your companion a tough boss battle.

deadfire does this with my playtrough at least and it felt great. it happened with pallegina, which of course make sense with her character and zeal towards the republic. i betreayed the vaillian trading company or whatever and in ukaizo she just turn hostile. despite spending 2 games together, her zeal and loyalty trumps her relationship.

Last edited:
The Real Fanboy
i hope they really have balls to make companions turn on you. that every choices you have to let go of someone with the opposite beliefs. not like "oh yeah, you go and violate everything i believe in, act against my people, possibly killing them too, but but but the power of friendship is magic!"

hell, make one of your companion a tough boss battle.

deadfire does this with my playtrough at least and it felt great. it happened with pallegina, which of course make sense with her character and zeal towards the republic. i betreayed the vaillian trading company or whatever and in ukaizo she just turn hostile. despite spending 2 games together, her zeal and loyalty trumps her relationship.

Pallegina is soo my bff, it broke my heart having to curve her on the Vailian Trading Company knowing it would hurt her
200w_d.gif

Ok to totally just like change from crybaby mode one of the devs is still answering questions on resetera!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/greedfall-gameplay-overview-trailer.133478/page-6#post-23613101

can you tell us about the difficulty level coz i heard it difficult Just like Souls games ?

dev said:
Four difficulty levels. Depends how you define Souls difficulty level, but if you smash it up to max it's gonna be difficult, but the nature of the game is closer to a CRPG than ARPG (stats, gear, choices, etc), so it'll be more about slow-paced decision making in combat rather than well-timed rolls etc.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gr...of-the-developers.137765/page-2#post-24029542

can you check with devs if cape physics will stay locked to lower framerate on PC? I know it is stupid thing but I like capes in games and it really is bit distracting when physics is done at lower framerate than rest of the game :D

dev said:
They are not.

Is this releasing at $60?

dev said:
We're $50 on Steam, I believe that price is replicated everywhere, but local shops etc may vary. We know we aren't making games on the same level of polish/amount of content/etc as is expected for 60 bucks, so we usually price a tad lower, even with our larger titles like this (I doubt this will be universally true in the future, before someone quotes this post in three years to ask me why [REDACTED] is sixty).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...first-impressions.137903/page-3#post-24035956

dev said:
Juuuuuuuuuuust to be clear, review codes haven't gone out yet (I personally wrote the email we'll be sending with them about two hours ago) and we didn't even send them to distributors yet either. It's amazing to hear people are enjoying the game, but anybody who is already playing hasn't got it from us and it isn't yet on the review build as far as I know. So basically: it should be (minorly) even better than it is now for reviewers, another patch after that before launch, and if you're an influencer or journalist who doesn't have a key yet, neither does anyone else officially - they'll be coming soon(tm).

Embargo will be launch day at 00:01 CEST. Streams and video impressions will be a few hours before.

Also re: file size, we're just good at compression ;D

https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...first-impressions.137903/page-4#post-24084545

Haha should I uh not play the early copy?

dev said:
I'm not gonna say don't, just know we've got a couple of patches deploying before release is all.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
"Some endings can be seen as bad by some people or good by some others, and I'm OK with that. We really want these different endings to not just be moralistic imposed choices made by us."
- Jehanne Rousseau (Spiders CEO)

Music to my fucking ears

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Makes sense that Sailor Woedica is excited about this game. It's sort of like an action-RPG pastiche of the two Pillars of Eternity games - a Deadfire-like colonial setting but with the pseudo-Celtic natives and plague backstory of the first game.

It also reminds me of Pandyssia from the Dishonored games, also with the plague backstory.

Curratum

"Witcher 3 bad, game with equally mouth-breather combat and fancy hats good!" - RPGCodex

The Real Fanboy
Makes sense that Sailor Woedica is excited about this game. It's sort of like an action-RPG pastiche of the two Pillars of Eternity games - a Deadfire-like colonial setting but with the pseudo-Celtic natives and plague backstory of the first game.

It also reminds me of Pandyssia from the Dishonored games, also with the plague backstory.

I've also been watching the Dark Crystal show on Netflix and it has me even more excited for Teer Fradee because the creatures are so like they could have come from Thra and the exploitation of the island and the plague is like the Skesis and The Darkening!

giphy.gif

jf8350143

Liturgist
Why would the science faction be opposed to Native? Should they be more neutral rather than taking a side? Or is it the good old "mad scientists destroying things to understand it" time again.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would the science faction be opposed to Native? Should they be more neutral rather than taking a side? Or is it the good old "mad scientists destroying things to understand it" time again.

1. The Scientist see Natives are savages in needs of enlightenment. The Scientist see the Natives as brutes in way of science. They could see them only as slaves to be used etc.
2. The Natives see any outsider as invader to their way of life regardless of factions and attack without regards.

Really, these kind of interaction are common in history and historical fictions.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
"Some endings can be seen as bad by some people or good by some others, and I'm OK with that. We really want these different endings to not just be moralistic imposed choices made by us."
- Jehanne Rousseau (Spiders CEO)

Music to my fucking ears

You must be tone deaf.

Yosharian

Arcane
From the streams I've seen it looks like the dialogue system is extremely simple. One or two word selections like 'Insist', 'Kill him', and so on, rather than detailed dialogues to choose from. It looks like your character mostly speaks by themself with little input from the player, though it's unclear how much of your character's personality is set in stone and how much changes based on variables or what have you.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
This game loosk pretty good, combat smooth , games looks good and the cutscenes are really well done , minus the dialogue, looks really poor. Especialy Speech checks being chance based. I hate Chance based speech..

I hate the look of the combat in this game. Turned me off completely

It's the over the top rolling around superhero power-throwing action fest, like you're not fully in control of your character and like the encounters are cinematically staged so that you can swoop in and save the day

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wait. so i can't have both negro scientist and FIERCE native princess in my party at the same time for maximum wokeness? They are from opposing factions.

Nice. 5 more days and i'll see how truly i can subjugate the masses.
Same here. Don't know who I am going to side with. I am yet to decide if I'm going to play good or bad on my 1st play through. Though enslaving the natives does sound very appealing
I am definitely playing the subjugate route. I'll either side with the religious extremists or the mercs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom