Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Snake vs Invaders - fusion of SHMUP, Arkanoid and a bit of Snake and Superhot, all in 13kb

baturinsky

Arcane
Play:
https://snake-vs-invaders.netlify.com/

So, here is a release candidate of Snake vs Invaders. It's basically a Shoot-em-up, but reversed in you don't dodge bullets, but catch them and bounce them back into the enemy. Therefore, it's also and Arkanoid. Also, you are a Snake. Sir Snake:) And there is optional (toggled by right click) mode where game stops when you don't move, so it's also Superhot:)

And all in 13k, because I'm making it for js13kgames jam.

There is a campaign with 9+1 stages and PLOT. Plot mostly consists of Sir Snake and Colonel Snake chatting about stuff.

So, please try it and say if there is any problems/suggestions etc. Deadline is 13 Sep, so I don't have much time left.

Playable on Chrome and Firefox, but Firefox has graphics a bit nerfed to compensate for it's worse performance.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm constantly getting raped at the 'More' level. :negative: Once made it to fifteen or so seconds, but no cigar. I have ~28000 points, but I don't think any amount of replaying will get me to piercing shots at 36000.

Very fun game, though. I really want to see how it plays with all upgrades.

Laser colors don't really mean anything, right? They all deal one point of damage?

One functionality I could really use would be pressing left mouse button while in superhot mode, to let the time pass without moving from place or leaving the mode.

EDIT: Made it. Butt status: clenched.

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
Last point seems a bit redundant. You can achieve the same with clicking right button twice to start and stop time, no?

Colors indeed do not mean anything most of time, they do the same damage. It's just that it looked not very good when colored enemy shoot white projectile.
Well, only exception is "fake" yellowy-white shots from Mirage enemies, which are, well, fake.

I tried "More" level, it indeed is a bit too hard without piercing shots. I have throttled difficulty a bit down across the board, look if it helps.

Btw, you can open your browser's local storage and just edit your scores to get unlocks/unlock levels. It's in a very simple format.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
Last point seems a bit redundant. You can achieve the same with clicking right button twice to start and stop time, no?

Yeah, but clicking and holding would allow for finer control and require less clicking. It's no biggie, though.

Colors indeed do not mean anything most of time, they do the same damage. It's just that it looked not very good when colored enemy shoot white projectile.
Well, only exception is "fake" yellowy-white shots from Mirage enemies, which are, well, fake.

Huh, and there I thought that mirage shots still deal damage. I started ramming them ASAP, so I guess that's why I never noticed that.

I tried "More" level, it indeed is a bit too hard without piercing shots. I have throttled difficulty a bit down across the board, look if it helps.

I managed to beat it about twenty minutes after I posted. Please, let me believe that I managed to score a win before the throttling.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
Aaand victory.

I really enjoy your games. Shame that Kongregates and Armorgameses of the web went down the toilet; you could enjoy deserved VIP status there.

Now, back to work...

baturinsky

Arcane
There is Itch.io ... Though, most popular games there are about sex and/or gays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom