Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Children of Morta

tripedal

Savant

Kickstarter game that was delayed by 4 years and finally came out a couple of days ago. It's pretty nice, like a mix of Bastion and Rogue Legacy, with incredible pixel art.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Writing and cutscenes are actually really good. Sadly I ran into a game breaking bug and had to stop a ways in. Going to jump back in ASAP when it gets patched.

Ent

Savant
I'm having fun with the gameplay. There's the characters are all pretty varied and theres quite a few different runes and items to pick up in each foray into the dungeons Mark (monk characer) and cousin Joey (Hammer guy) are my favorites so far. Wholesome is the word I would use to describe the story.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
While I think the graphics look awesome on screenshots, when it comes to playing the level of detail becomes a distraction, usually if I can't decide on the fly whether an object is background or something to interact with its bad

Also, enforced stick for movement instead of d-pad, really annoying

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
The steam reviews suggest it is more of a hack and slash. Sin Slayers also just came out, which looks more like an RPG.

Terenty

Liturgist
It's a very good game, i beat it in coop with my brother and we enjoyed it very much. Different characters all with their weaknesses and strengths, meaningful progression system and the way they combined a story driven game with rogue like elements is very cool. I highly recommend

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The steam reviews suggest it is more of a hack and slash. Sin Slayers also just came out, which looks more like an RPG.

Sin Slayers is just bad, the UI, combat and exploration looks like customized (mostly for the looks) RPGMaker creation but it's not.
Why would they emulate such a thing?
It's beyond me...

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's (temporarily) free on Steam, I'm having fun and I think I'll buy to continue playing; are the DLCs worth it?

KateMicucci

Arcane
It's not a very fun game (and not an rpg in my opinion). If you want roguelite dungeon action combat Curse of the Dead Gods is better.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I have the gog version but must've forgot about it. I think i kept playing gauntlet instead.
3_Coop.gif

1_Features.gif

2_Story.gif

I should dl it and give it a spin. Twinstick shooter maybe? (I always choose elf in gauntlet)

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
don't really have any issue with the moment to moment writing, though the general plot is so far rather banal

though using the French word for snot as the name of their currency is kinda distracting

and I dislike how the temporary buffs you pick up in game don't have values indicated (like I'm getting +attack -HP, but how much?)

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
don't really have any issue with the moment to moment writing, though the general plot is so far rather banal

though using the French word for snot as the name of their currency is kinda distracting

and I dislike how the temporary buffs you pick up in game don't have values indicated (like I'm getting +attack -HP, but how much?)

Done with it after finishing the game a second time in new game +.
Didn't find it growing old, mostly by switching characters for each run, but it's definitely grindy

CanadianCorndog

Learned
I've finished it. It's best game mechanic is when you level up one of the playable characters all of the characters get a bonus. This encourages you to play all of the chars and level them all up evenly. The gameplay itself is pretty grindy and not super interesting.
It's barely an RPG other than you play "roles" and can do some basic upgrades for each char. It's a decent game with some great ideas and a lot of grind. Great artwork. The story is too much of an ensemble, which I personally have never enjoyed, so I hit skip faster than any other game I've played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom