Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If you were raiding you'd be doing it with guildies. Easy. And in TBC the only raids people PUGed were kara and maybe ZA, so it's not like you'd be getting attuned to Hyjal just as a casual player.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
e40ca6f5182fc1a94417e0f8b7a827fc.png

So what's the method?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I would play a TBC server in a heartbeat (after getting my fill of classic), although I think TBC was the beginning or solidification of the theme-park formula used in subsequent expansions. WotLK continued the formula, but heavily casualized it imo.

I have very fond memories of TBC because it's when I first played WoW and I started off in the Draenei area - really magical, with amazing ambient music and an atmosphere that's a cool combination of magic and s-f. It made me fall in love with the game.

J1M

Arcane
It was a series of meaningful progression, which is the core of the game. People would have loved attunements if the game had a visual progress tracking page.

Case in point: People hate the Azerite necklace, but people love the Legion weapon. It's the same system, but the weapon had a visual progression tracking page.

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Blizzard always takes time fixing exploits like this but given the tools they have built into the modern client and server I'm guessing everyone exploiting it has already had their account flagged for mass banning once they do fix it. That's usually what they do.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Claw of the Shadowmancer giving me some big dick Ambush criticals.

An Intellect dagger being an amazing Rogue dagger, how I missed Classic's goofy shit.

Xor

Arcane
Remember especially when you're leveling the stats on your MH as a rogue don't mean jack shit, you mostly want a slow swing speed for high top end damage since sinister strike is your main damage dealer.

IMO combat/swords is a better leveling build than bothering with daggers since going into stealth for every mob slows you down a lot but eh I admit it's fun.

Generic-Giant-Spider

What's the best PVP build for a Rogue?

It depends, Rogue has a pretty diverse talent tree in Vanilla because you can tell they were one of the more "finished" classes.

Almost any tree can have a spec that will do well in PVP. Combat for example has access to making Kick a silence, so even if you get juked you still silence the caster. Adrenaline Rush can melt people if you've got the weapon to bring the pain too. If you can find Ironfoe, then Maces has the RNG stun that can proc continuously and just be plain unfair.

Assassination and Subtlety are the more popular ones though because Assassination has a lot of damage increase talents, Subtlety has a mixture of utility and damage but also has arguably the best cooldown in the game (Preparation).

I'm personally going for 16/12/23. It's basically an "anti-kite" build focused on daggers that performs very well against Mages and Hunters because of having access to Improved Sprint while at the same time not compromising your damage potential by keeping things like Opportunity/Lethality. But I may also eventually play with Cold Blood/Hemorrhage if I get a good slow main hander.

I'm hoping they actually gonna take a different route this time instead of re-releasing the same game twice and make a healthy blend of vanilla's social features, unregulated consumables/talents/skills/profs and modern UI with easily accessible info on stats and such, while cutting down a bunch of tedious shit in the process... but who am I kidding.

bloodlover

Arcane
I am taking a break from my priest atm since my irl friend can't keep up with me and I started leveling a huntard. Only level 11 as of now but even at this level it's quite fun. Haven't decided on a pet yet (cats are the best, right?) I am just doing quests near Org. Took up skinning and LW which I doubt will get me some gold in the long run but at least I can make my own gear and I can farm like a mofo if needed. I might just afford my mount at 40 with this one since money making with my priest is not going so well.

The classic experience so far has been great. There are a few dicks here and there but for the most part people are great. Everyone thanks for buffs that are thrown around and I am treated like Jesus whenever I resurrect someone out in the wild. What I don't like is the fact that 9/10 tanks seem to be retarded in dungeons. Charge in a pack of 3-4 mobs and rely on the healer to be kept alive... I know many are coming from BFA gameplay but classic has been out for a while so I'm expecting people to be less derpy by now.

How is everyone enjoying classic?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm lvl 35, I got 5g. The mount isn't happening for me before level 45-50 I guess.

bloodlover

Arcane
I'm lvl 35, I got 5g. The mount isn't happening for me before level 45-50 I guess.

21g level 33. I feel rich but I doubt I will get my mount before 40. Even with training just the necessary skills, at 1g each, every trip to the trainer is a massive gold sink.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Only got 36g at level 34. My brother is sitting at 60g at the same level, but he's always been an Ore Baron. Life of a skinner / leather worker doesn't really pay off until later. Quite curious how you can end up being so poor that you only have 5g at that level tho.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Sorry, what server did you roll on?
Why? Gehennas. Wanna send me a tip through Gadgetzan auction house? Any amount helps.

Whispering a buddy of yours (or anyone else, really) and telling them to invite you to a party. They should invite you, not the other way around. That's it.
I know that method. But the guy says you can even SEE WHAT LAYER YOU'RE ON. So I'm assuming he's talking about something else.

Also, I tried mining and switching layers yesterday. There was only 3 layers on Gehennas at night, and none had the vein I was standing at. It was already mined. So whoever says you can mine a gazillion ore using this method - that's just fake news.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Sorry, what server did you roll on?
Why? Gehennas. Wanna send me a tip through Gadgetzan auction house? Any amount helps.

Whispering a buddy of yours (or anyone else, really) and telling them to invite you to a party. They should invite you, not the other way around. That's it.
I know that method. But the guy says you can even SEE WHAT LAYER YOU'RE ON. So I'm assuming he's talking about something else.

Also, I tried mining and switching layers yesterday. There was only 3 layers on Gehennas at night, and none had the vein I was standing at. It was already mined. So whoever says you can mine a gazillion ore using this method - that's just fake news.
There was a blue post that said the screenshots of thousands of arcane crystals was investigated and found to be fake.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe they should only make you switch layers when you are in close proximity to your party member/s. Shouldn't they already have stopped layering and it should only have been for the starting zones?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Maybe they should only make you switch layers when you are in close proximity to your party member/s. Shouldn't they already have stopped layering and it should only have been for the starting zones?

They said from getgo that layering affects entire continent you're in, the starting zones thing is just misintrepertation when they said that Northshire alone would get crushed by numbers compared if it was evenly distributed across Elwynn the larger zone. Also their only hard-stop for layering was ever the start of phase 2 that introduces world bosses, beyond that they've said they increase/decrease them dynamically as per demand and the eventual goal is to get rid of all of them ASAP

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Best way to make money is take your sweet time. That's what i usually do, i linger in a zone far too long, trying to absorb everything, explore every nook and cranny, always avoiding to rush anything. When you do that you'll just come across tons of resources. I remember when i played my warrior i got more iron that i could stash on my alts just by leveling on Thousand Needles. BTW, since they are starting at v1.2, doesn't that mean fishing spools are in? Oily Blackmouth is an early money maker, and there's other stuff too you can get in there.

Cromwell

Arcane
When I see prices for water and what I have to gulp down as mage I realize what a moneysink that must be for classes that arent mages but rely on mana.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
When I see prices for water and what I have to gulp down as mage I realize what a moneysink that must be for classes that arent mages but rely on mana.
Warlocks can grind without stopping by having an infinite resource loop of life tapping for mana and using drain life to get HP back. Priests have Spirit Tap that lets them stay topped forever as well. Drinking for mana isn't really an issue with any class apart from Mages.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, all mana classes don't really need to drink half as much as mages.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom