Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Blackmill

Scholar
What merchant can sell highest quality cloth? Free Drones merchant sometimes has good black cloth, but so far I haven't seen kevlar or blast above 110 quality.

Fraser (Protectorate) and Hanna (Institute) can both have high quality Kevlar cloth. I know I've seen 133 and I'm pretty sure I saw (but didn't buy) a 154. They sell blast cloth too but I'm unsure of the quality range. Probably the same as Kevlar. Of course, you'll probably need high enough mercantile.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
damn, that moment near the end of expeditions. probably my favorite piece of writing in the whole game:

Todd.

basically if you convince todd's family to open the R&D gate, Todd actually said to syvetna that they actually had a boy. the thing is both the mother and the baby didn't survive childbirth, and their parents died (either before, probably before, but can be after too) that result in Todd's multiple personality disorder. the thing is it's completely optional, but it's really genius how they forced you to talk to Todd's "family" and reconstruct his life, his predicament, and the little bits of dialouge in the end when you open the gate is absolutely sad.
also NFT
from what i read, it seems like are really a wholesome, peaceful society. they just settled in the black sea, and trying their hardest to make a living and try to build some semblance of ecosystem in them by terraforming and bioengineering. maybe, if biocorp didn't come and commit that atrocity, the whole underrail might be a better place teeming with life. maybe they are the one who can actually terraform the surface back to habitable area. i do legit feel bad for them starting from the health center.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
also NFT
from what i read, it seems like are really a wholesome, peaceful society. they just settled in the black sea, and trying their hardest to make a living and try to build some semblance of ecosystem in them by terraforming and bioengineering. maybe, if biocorp didn't come and commit that atrocity, the whole underrail might be a better place teeming with life. maybe they are the one who can actually terraform the surface back to habitable area. i do legit feel bad for them starting from the health center.
Have you ever thought that Biocorp started invasion, because the knew about Monolith and dangers that it's brings into the world? They just didn't knew in which of over9000 facilities it's hidden. I mean, sure, Biocorp are retards indeed, but they not retards enough to ignore loot and goodies years after bombardment, they knew time when mutagen dissolve and yet they decided to disband fleet and ignore all useful stuff. And I don't think NFT was able terraform Earth if they continued being Apple of terraforming industry, their own facilities was hard to sustain, because their architecture tastes was getting in a way their technology. But I agree that if Biocorp was thinking with their brains and not asses, Underrail had a chance to be a better place with less hungry people.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

had my doubts, but confirmed codex lurker.
incline.png

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
also NFT
Have you ever thought that Biocorp started invasion, because the knew about Monolith and dangers that it's brings into the world? They just didn't knew in which of over9000 facilities it's hidden. I mean, sure, Biocorp are retards indeed, but they not retards enough to ignore loot and goodies years after bombardment, they knew time when mutagen dissolve and yet they decided to disband fleet and ignore all useful stuff. And I don't think NFT was able terraform Earth if they continued being Apple of terraforming industry, their own facilities was hard to sustain, because their architecture tastes was getting in a way their technology. But I agree that if Biocorp was thinking with their brains and not asses, Underrail had a chance to be a better place with less hungry people.
i dunno, it is not like biocorp dont have monoliths on their own. They have obviously, but i don't know whether the monolith in the abyss are the same as the one in oculus, or tchort university.

It seems that the abyss monolith is alot powerful that it give the somerbaen their serpentine form, the shadowdust experiments, and let you peek into a dimension full of cosmic horrors.

Black Angel

Arcane
i dunno, it is not like biocorp dont have monoliths on their own. They have obviously, but i don't know whether the monolith in the abyss are the same as the one in oculus, or tchort university.

It seems that the abyss monolith is alot powerful that it give the somerbaen their serpentine form, the shadowdust experiments, and let you peek into a dimension full of cosmic horrors.
As Azif mentioned, the Monolith in the Oculus, and most probably the ones you could find anywhere else in Underrail, but NOT Black Sea, are highly likely linked with the Godmen. The Glowing Canine at the Jaws is most likely one of those spears hurled by the Godmen to kill a Leviathan, and Flottsormir is most likely one of those Leviathans, because the natives are hurt badly from so much just looking at the Glowing Canine.

hell bovine

Arcane
Have you ever thought that Biocorp started invasion, because the knew about Monolith and dangers that it's brings into the world?
I doubt biocorp understood and/or cared about the dangers of monoliths, considering the lax approach to safety and lack of foresight shown at the hollow earth facility. Apex technocrats seemed to be doing whatever they wanted, to hell with consequences. That's how the faceless got free.

edit: In general this seems to be the running theme of Underrail: being careless with technology and dabbling in things you don't understand can have nasty consequences. Biocorp got destroyed by the experiments they have created, subislanders got corrupted by their own experimental subject.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
edit: In general this seems to be the running theme of Underrail: being careless with technology and dabbling in things you don't understand can have nasty consequences. Biocorp got destroyed by the experiments they have created, subislanders got corrupted by their own experimental subject.
pretty much why i dont give the acorn to the ol prof. I gave it to azif.

Dis university just gonna activate the killswitch trying to open it anyway.

That said, i really like the expeditions people. I didn't betray them, but i dont trust them with acorn.

Jinn

Arcane
Underrail + Expedition is currently number 3 on the Steam global top selling list. Styg and crew, congrats on this massive payday! Much belated and well-deserved, I hope it aids in giving us many more years of Stygian games!

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
Made the final push through DC today. If anyone is curious how shotguns fare in the final battle:
- it took 2 bursts & 1 shot with tungsten to kill the bad guy amorphous mutant mass with tentacles,
- this is on a character with zero burst feats (so no full auto),
- used the rancor shotgun, because I forgot to switch weapons before battle,
- also forgot to take the good drugs saved for the occasion and only used adrenaline for more ap.
Oh, and played on hard difficulty.

Moral of the story: obviously quick tinkering needs to be nerfed again. Burst weapons on the other hand are totally balanced. :roll:

Parabalus

Arcane
Underrail + Expedition is currently number 3 on the steam global top selling list. Styg and crew, congrats on this massive payday! Much belated and well-deserved, I hope it aids in giving us many more years of Stygian games!

Wonder how long it'll be before the review score tanks.

Jezal_k23

Damn, Sseth's review seriously got lots of people into the game. And the reviews I've seen so far as a result of that are positive. Let's see if this lasts even after they encounter their first Death Stalkers. :shredder:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
It's all cool and all, but I just hope that majority of people who will try the game will not attempt melee builds...Because it will cause not only tanking score into oblivion, but SSeth risking loosing subscribers + increasing rate of suicides after locusts encounters.

Jezal_k23

Even before Death Stalkers, Depot A is guaranteed to get a bunch of rage quits.

The footage he showed in his review doesn't really communicate how non-casual the game is.

Codex Year of the Donut
I think you guys underestimate the amount of people that would play a game like Underrail but either simply never saw it or quickly overlooked it because it looks quite unimpressive at first glance on Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom