Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
e-celeb "influencers" have a lot more sway in getting people to buy your game than shill reviewers, that's for sure

I think that depends a lot more on the game than on e-celeb "star power", so to speak. There was an article talking about how PewDiePie, Markiplier, etc covering a game didn't really translate to increased sales seeing as their audience was there to watch streamer shenanigans and not for the game itself. They were also playing walking simulators and casual games you really see everything you want during said playthrough so the excitement is gone. RPGs are most likely received differently by audiences as something they themselves need to give a try. Also, one high impact video vs 50+ parts Let's Play series have different retention rates, I imagine.
On the other hand there were several games that benefited from TotalBiscuit "bump", when he made a video.
Renowned Explorers for example.

Lambach

Arcane

G0l6Gao.png

Can confirm. :dealwithit:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've heard rumors that he is planning to do a Sengoku Rance review. If MangaGamer can get the payment transfer shit sorted out they are in for some major cashflow.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure if funny or decline but there is also a wave of new reviews that just thumbs up the game and states "Hey Hey People". Positive kind of review bombing, I guess.

NullFlow

Savant
/v/ shitposting has evolved into a market force. What's Sseth got left to cover; Fallout 1+2+NV, AoD and the other IE games?

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That nigga Sseth is growing in power with each passing day. Now his videos pass 1 000 000 views regularly, sometimes twice that.

Whats more is that has an actual hardcore audience. If he endorses something, no matter if its old, niche or super obscure shit, a large number of his audience will actually want to get their hands on that shit. When he recommended that weird space game nobody has heard of last time, the servers of their homepage crashed almost immediately.
Funniest of all is the fact he was giving the game for free with his code and yet people flooded torrets after the home page crashed. :positive:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ssseth is really in a sweet spot where he can actually make a living by playing the somewhat obscure games he actually likes rather being a soulless AAA shill.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Perhaps he walks among us...

He mentioned rpg codex in more than one video.

Before watching the Underrail video, I was willing to consider this a rumor.

Then I watched it, and at 11:20 he all but confirmed it. Snownigger power! :dance:

EDIT: And because the discount is also on GOG, Sseth can claim +1 purchase because of his vid! :takemymoney:

Last edited:

thesoup

Arcane
e-celeb "influencers" have a lot more sway in getting people to buy your game than shill reviewers, that's for sure

I think that depends a lot more on the game than on e-celeb "star power", so to speak. There was an article talking about how PewDiePie, Markiplier, etc covering a game didn't really translate to increased sales seeing as their audience was there to watch streamer shenanigans and not for the game itself. They were also playing walking simulators and casual games you really see everything you want during said playthrough so the excitement is gone. RPGs are most likely received differently by audiences as something they themselves need to give a try. Also, one high impact video vs 50+ parts Let's Play series have different retention rates, I imagine.
It depends on the type of eceleb too. For example people watch guys like pewds, markiplier and a host of streamers for their personalities more so than the games they play. For guys like mandalore, sseth and totalbiscuit it's a combination of both. They like their personalities, but they also trust their judgement and value their recommendations.

DeepOcean

Arcane
If the hit pieces come, Underrail will sell like crazy and if the worst happen, Sseth will enter on hibernation and another of the 23 personalities will manifest on another forgotten area of youtube. Sseth would be the martyr of the cause of gay organ harvesting and will enter on history, becoming a legend.

lightbane

Arcane
Sseth likes Underrail? Well then, time to buy it... Oh wait, I already have it. I was waiting for the expansion to get a discount, which it still doesn't at the moment. :decline:

I also now get the complains about slow movement if walking is the only way to move your character around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom