Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FO3 is not nearly as bad as you hystronic nerds make it out to be

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
You don't think you are the only person who has ever played Fallout 3, do you?

Nope, but I know when someone is full of shit.

You have to be retarded to think your opinion on Fallout 3 is fact and no one else can think differently. Else how do you explain you are asking me if I'm serious about some (read: many, many people) thinking Fallout 3 had a fantastic, emotional story?

I haven't defended Fallout 3 as a game in this entire thread, not even once. But it's silly how some Codexers think their dislike of the game erases the game's success and reputation from the rest of the general public.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
"Wah, I can't take it when other people don't like what I like, why are you guys so negative why can't you just HAVE FUN?? Why are you living in the past??? Why can't you LET GO???"

It's fascinating, isn't it?

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
...but somehow I put 100 hours into it and most of you did too.

I was young and reckless. It was a time when any hot new rpg could swing my attention. But alas I was taken advantage of by a liar and heartbreaker in high heels. A pig in make-up! Oh, the folly of youth (and also alcohol)!

dextermorgan

Arcane
And what is even your goal here? To proclaim you are so much better than everyone else because of your "grown up" attitude? What, do you expect people to just stop criticizing these trash games? Because fuck that. I'm not gonna lower standards and accept garbage like Fallout 3 or any of the other Bethesda Fallouts. And put people on ignore if you are tired of reading people complaining about Fallout 3 or any other Bethesda Fallouts, no one is gonna stop criticizing these games just because you say so, or even just imply for people to do so.
> amateur psychologist slaps diagnosis on people in lieu of actual arguments
> having a grown up attitude

Pick one

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
With a mod to remove the shitty green filter, the city has some interesting colour schemes going on in a few parts - faded red Nuka Cola billboards, rusted orange bus stops, bright blue metro signs and so on.
I think I am one of the few that liked the green filter in FO3... it increases a lot the atmosphere. I don't know why these days people prefer clear primary blue sky and hypersaturated plastic colors instead, even for post-apocalyptic post-nuke scenarios. It could be a Nintendo marketing subliminal brainwashing thing.

MWaser

Arbiter
It's an enjoyable time-waster hiking sim, but it's a shit Fallout sequel, RPG, story and dialogue experience. That's a lot of strikes against it, but somehow I put 100 hours into it and most of you did too.
There is no reason to play Fallout 3 after NV was released, since it is even better at being a hiking sim due to improved gameplay mechanics (let alone other aspects)

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
True, Fallout 3 is pretty good. It's different than New Vegas and that's a good thing, both are great. I'll have to replay Fallout 3 with the DLC sometime since I never saw the DLC and missed a large portion of the map because I breezed through the main story.

Frankly your pseudo-enlightened milquetoast shtick is getting old : you don't have to howl with the codex wolves to come up with indicting statements about F3.
I for one was ready to play the game without any preconception, but after a few dozen hours I found it to be a whorish and ultimately hollow game. And it was not because i held the first two as a gold standard mind you : the game simply didn't deliver on the terms it itself had set.
Take how the dungeons work for example : everyone of them promises something by the way of little chunks of storytelling, but for a good majority of them offer litterally no substantial reward. And the whole game is like this. Add an underwhelming main quest and you get the reason why it is held as a paragon of mediocrity.
Saying that it's in the same league than NV is simply and objectively untenable.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
but some of us just have a more grown up or mentally healthier attitude

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN.

Yeah, you're so cool and mature. Amazing. You convinced me and everyone on this forum in one go with this amazing argument that nobody ever used. Well done. You go, girl.

lol. I always giggle when I see people use redundancies, like "you retarded cretin!" Much funnier than those who use double-negatives. I can just picture them in my mind's eye shaking their angry, frustrated little fist at the world as they say it.

Let me know how it feels to do post 4 consecutive posts in a thread where you're trying to show how mature you are.

Is it sill being censored?

I don't believe so. After the mega-success of Skyrim, Bethesda stopped its blacklisting-of-small-sites policy. We're just a drop in the bucket to them now.

I'm sure they cry when they see that they get no love here. To quote a famous American entertainer: "I cried when I saw the critics' reviews of me... I cried all the way to the bank."

Yep, you are also a retarded imbecilic cretin. Presented with evidence you just go "lalala".

So, tell me, in your imbecilic retarded brain, why did they do it if not out of butthurt that somebody somewhere dared to not like their game?
Why do so many Bethestards end here crying and going apeshit that there are people in the world who don't like Bethesda's games if not out of butthurt? No other company has such deranged and insecure fans that they have to go one of the couple of places in the whole internet where their games are not praised to cry about it and try to convert them.
Why do you, mature as you are, keep posting here about how everyone is a hater if they don't like what you do if not out of butthurt?

The butthurt of the fans of the original comes from the series being raped over and over, not from peasants being peasants. After all, not everyone can enjoy the classics. :smug:

Yeah, sure. :lol: It burns people's blood to see Bethesda's games being praised as the best games ever while their favorites fade into obscurity. Only appearing, from time to time, on one of those "Best RPGs of all time" lists found on the Internet, and even then, topped by the likes of Fallout 3, Skyrim, Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.

That Bethesda is making money by raping a favorite franchise? Sure. That some asshat frat-boy douchebags (Bethesda's target audience) don't like what I like? It's a fucking relief.
See, I don't go to other forums to cry and try and convince them how the games I like are actually better than those they like.
And in fact, the less people like something, the less chances there are of it being raped.

But yeah, you're another butthurt idiot that cries whenever people here disagree with his shit ideas and shit taste in games. Another retarded newfag that started playing RPGs with non-RPGs and suddenly thinks that he knows what's wrong with the whole genre and how everything before what he played first was wrong cuz so difficult and omg dice are unfair.
So, why so butthurt, huh?

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN.

Yeah, you're so cool and mature. Amazing. You convinced me and everyone on this forum in one go with this amazing argument that nobody ever used. Well done. You go, girl.

Still spastically posting, I see. Well, the retarded uppercase exclamation pretty much tells us all we need to know about your maturity level, junior. Didn't even bother reading the rest since it's just pathetic callow scribbles from a butthurt man-child, and a dumb, barely iterate one at that.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Don't know who's more hilarious to be honest, the OP or your average "I put 100+ hours into this Bethesduh game that sucks" Codexer.

Fallout 3 is not my cup of tea (tried it a few hours, didn't like it) and I certainly consider it to be a bad Fallout game at the very least. However, people should own up to what they enjoy. All this posturing for Codex cred while sinking hours into console hiking sims is just silly.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There is no reason to play Fallout 3 after NV was released, since it is even better at being a hiking sim due to improved gameplay mechanics (let alone other aspects)

I agree with that. Even if you want to play a 3D Fallout and are super bored of New Vegas I think Fallout 4 is better at what Bethesda does well than Fallout 3 is. However when Fallout 3 came out neither of these were options, of course.

ADL

Prophet
Fallout 1>Fallout 2>New Vegas>Tactics>76>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

An universal criticism for New Vegas, which I agree with, is how poor it is as a "hiking sim". That is, nothing would be lost by swapping the game's seamless open world for the hub-based open world system of the classic titles. There's nothing to see but desert and empty houses.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Fallout 1>Fallout 2>New Vegas>Tactics>76>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4
Why 76 (in 5th place) exactly?
I agree with your first four (more or less), although NV loses points IMO for using FO3's presentation & general gameplay rather than FO2's; though we know it had to be that way, as they were developing it on the leash.

*Having never played FO4 or 76, I don't truly have a proper base of comparison, but the video I have seen was pretty abysmal—graphics aside.

Tigranes

Arcane
Don't know who's more hilarious to be honest, the OP or your average "I put 100+ hours into this Bethesduh game that sucks" Codexer.

Fallout 3 is not my cup of tea (tried it a few hours, didn't like it) and I certainly consider it to be a bad Fallout game at the very least. However, people should own up to what they enjoy. All this posturing for Codex cred while sinking hours into console hiking sims is just silly.

I agree. I found FO3 poor enough that I rushed to ending, uninstalled, and never even considered FO4. Whereas if you played both games multiple times, I would assume you thought they were OK.

JDR13

Arcane
You don't think you are the only person who has ever played Fallout 3, do you?

Nope, but I know when someone is full of shit.

You have to be retarded to think your opinion on Fallout 3 is fact and no one else can think differently. Else how do you explain you are asking me if I'm serious about some (read: many, many people) thinking Fallout 3 had a fantastic, emotional story?

I haven't defended Fallout 3 as a game in this entire thread, not even once. But it's silly how some Codexers think their dislike of the game erases the game's success and reputation from the rest of the general public.

How ironic for you to be talking about making statements as if they're facts when you're the one who keeps trying to speak for other people as if you know their thoughts.

Trying to claim that many, many people think FO3 has a fantastic, emotional story only makes you look like a fucking idiot. It's not something that can be proven either way, but you might as well be claiming that many, many people consider McDonalds to be fine dining.

I've no doubt that lots of mainstream gamers enjoyed FO3, but any rational person can conclude that most of them didn't play it for the story.

ADL

Prophet
Why 76 (in 5th place) exactly?
I agree with your first four (more or less), although NV loses points IMO for using FO3's presentation & general gameplay rather than FO2's; though we know it had to be that way, as they were developing it on the leash.

*Having never played FO4 or 76, I don't truly have a proper base of comparison, but the video I have seen was pretty abysmal—graphics aside.
76 is rated above those because I'd rather have a competent co-op loot shooter than an incompetent RPG.
I wasn't disappointed with 76 because I knew it wasn't going to be an RPG. With 3 and 4 I was expecting successors to the mainline series of RPGs hence the disappointment.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Trying to claim that many, many people think FO3 has a fantastic, emotional story only makes you look like a fucking idiot. It's not something that can be proven either way

Yes it can? We have the technology, it's called Google.

In fact, the top three positives Fallout 3 fans see over New Vegas are:
  • The story.
  • The world.
  • The atmosphere.

Lemming42

Arcane

Best post in this thread so far. Every Bethesda game thread on the Codex is populated almost entirely by people who have been playing this shit (mostly Skyrim) on and off consistently since release, but instead of just admitting they like a videogame, they have to do this mad performative thing for internet strangers where they pretend to hate it.

It's not even just Bethesda games though, it permeates everywhere on this site and cripples many discussions. Nobody can ever get a new perspective on old games or find out new games because everythings got to be hidden behind 50 layers of posturing.

Bonus points for the people who are obviously giddy about starting a new run of Skyrim with the latest mods, but have to dress the post up like:

"WELL CODEX, I'M ABOUT TO TRY TO POLISH A TURD AGAIN. ANY MODS THAT MAKE THIS SHIT ALMOST PLAYABLE YET? OTHER THAN UNINSTALL.EXE HURR HURR" - inevitably written by someone who is intimately familiar with Skyrim and has spent many hours of their life moving "Immersive Shops.esp" or some shit like that up and down in their load order to check performance changes

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Agree.

Regardless of how I feel about them today, I'd say Skyrim and Fallout 3 were the most enjoyable RPGs I've ever played. Followed by New Vegas and Morrowind.

Okagron

Prophet
Every Bethesda game thread on the Codex is populated almost entirely by people who have been playing this shit (mostly Skyrim) on and off consistently since release, but instead of just admitting they like a videogame, they have to do this mad performative thing for internet strangers where they pretend to hate it.
I only played Skyrim once and that was after release and it was a terrible experience. Fallout 3 was the same, played it once, haven't touched it again. I have better things to do than play shallow RPGs with no substance, like playing actual good RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom