Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Left 4 capcom. Gay, bigly.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was wondering if there are mods which replace the soyboy face of Leon and the doll face of Claire to something which are similar to the previous games.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was wondering if there are mods which replace the soyboy face of Leon and the doll face of Claire to something which are similar to the previous games.
Like it or not, RE2-original Leon and RE2-remake Leon are very similar.

403064-resident-evil-2-gamecube-screenshot-intro-teaming-up-with.jpg
RE2_Sept_Screen8.0.jpg

As for Claire, I agree she looks different ... but I already commented on this.
Everyone complaining the new versions look too young obviously doesn't remember the original game that well.

Z4JWCjk.jpg

She looks different now, yes (and only because they gave her an actual face instead of "two dots and a line"), but not younger. Look at that inventory portrait for chrissake, she looks about 8.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Like it or not, RE2-original Leon and RE2-remake Leon are very similar.

As for Claire, I agree she looks different ... but I already commented on this.
Everyone complaining the new versions look too young obviously doesn't remember the original game that well.

Z4JWCjk.jpg

She looks different now, yes (and only because they gave her an actual face instead of "two dots and a line"), but not younger. Look at that inventory portrait for chrissake, she looks about 8.
Claire is kinda OK. I was more thinking about Leon being similar to RE4 and RE6 with a mod.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Claire is kinda OK. I was more thinking about Leon being similar to RE4 and RE6 with a mod.
I don't honestly see how RE2R Leon looks much different from RE4 Leon. I personally can't fucking stand RE6 Leon as his Flock of Seagulls haircut is cranked to 11.

To be honest though I got the noir DLC* for a better RE2R Leon outfit so I haven't seen the default version in action.

*Take a look, I think Noir Leon looks great.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Looks like Capcom is back to the shittiest part of RE cycle. After making some great games that step way from the current order of buiness they start unloading us with the shit sequels and spin-offs.

Anyway... I don't really see a problem with Leon face in this game. He looks like a young rookie cop, which is exactly how he should look. Not the veteran agent/pussy slayer that he looks in 4.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Nah, this is clearly a cash-grab made by a B team to easily get funds for future games. They have done pretty well with the MH World expansion and I'm convinced they're working in a DLC for DMC5. After all the critical acclaim and the revenues they got, it's pointless to go back again.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Resident Evil Zero. Is it worth it?
it's a flawed game with some questionable design decisions, it's probably a second worst of classic RE games (with fixed camera angles). But even then it's still worth playing.

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
That perfect diversity mix.

Diversity mode is NOT a problem. The girls are bland as FUCK is problem.

MOtherfucker! Even the boys are a little more distinctive than them. Baseball tank nigga boy and shotgun blonde boy. Aka baseball and football.

The girls? Nutink~ At least one girl is camera shotter, but nothing distinctive about her. The other? Not even that.

Tehdagah

Arcane
This looks shoddy and dumb. Meleeing looks like shit, the levels are a bunch of corridors and the zombies are all the same thing (again). Capcom can't make good RE games anymore, it seems. The idea of a player taking the role of the villain and deploying/controlling monster has potential but the game looks amateur.

Resident Evil Zero. Is it worth it?
No. Terrible camera, terrible combat, enemies don't telegraph their attacks properly, a shitty "single-player co-op" system and shallow puzzles with a lot of backtracking. It's almost as awful as Code Veronica.

Looks like Capcom is back to the shittiest part of RE cycle. After making some great games that step way from the current order of buiness they start unloading us with the shit sequels and spin-offs.
Going "back to teh roots" is literally following the current order of bussiness. Project Resistance actually feels experimental, it's a shame Capcom lacks the talent to make it good. What a waste of potential.

Edit: It's from the director of FFXV Pocket Edition :M

Edit 2: Apparently japanese people are digging it, lol

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
Re-watching the trailer it doesn't looks that bad. At least it looks like a videogame rather than a "immersive experience". They need to fix the melee/weapon feedback though.

After a couple of excellent high-quality releases, Capcom is taking a break from such an arduously endeavor and releasing cheap trash again! Way to fuck up your hard-earned comeback, Capcom.
RE7 was already cheap trash anyway, I don't see the difference.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom