Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm barely 31. Feels bad man.
If you're 31 now then you played a little every day after work and a good deal on weekends. I'm 31 on my warrior, 14 on a priest and 4 on a hunter.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If you're 31 now then you played a little every day after work and a good deal on weekends. I'm 31 on my warrior, 14 on a priest and 4 on a hunter.
I haven't actually had much time to play on weekends; I have too many social obligations. I've mostly been playing after work. But yeah that's about right.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Who cares. What would you do at level 60? MC? That raid sucks shit. Next batch of content won't be released in another 3 months. Just take your time to smell the flowers. There's no rush because there's nothing all that great waiting for you at end game right now anyway.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Any of you guys using Questie? Do you think it would ruin the classic experience to use it?
The writing is actually quite good in WoW Classic. Some of it is barely-concealed homage (Sven quests in Duskwood) while some of it is quite well-written and serious (The Missing Diplomat, the quest in Burning Steppes from the troll whose wife was "captured" by ogres).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I would play without it. Knowing where to go all the time ruins the immersion and exploration factor. Of course, your leveling WILL be much slower so it's up to what you want, get to 60 as fast as you can or take your time and pretend you are playing a single player RPG, which WoW doesn't do a terrible job in doing by MMO standards.

Keep in mind most people will probably be using it so if you group a lot you may have an issue of not knowing what to do where as everybody else does. Another issue is that you will probably miss a few quests since a few of them are hidden or are scattered around the map, but again that's part of the game too. I'm the kind of guy who had to clear every bit of fog in Baldur's Gate i'm obsessed in looking under every stone in a given zone.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I take some direction from Judgment’s leveling guide. I am not obsessed with power-leveling per se, but I do want to hit as many quest chains as possible. Some quest chains begin in a completely different zone or continent (Scythe of Elune) and typically have good pay-off, such as Missing Diplomat or Legend of Stalvan.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any of you guys using Questie? Do you think it would ruin the classic experience to use it?
I would play without it. Knowing where to go all the time ruins the immersion and exploration factor. Of course, your leveling WILL be much slower so it's up to what you want, get to 60 as fast as you can or take your time and pretend you are playing a single player RPG, which WoW doesn't do a terrible job in doing by MMO standards.
I read all the quest text when I did this shit the first few times. I've leveled maybe 8 or 9 characters to 60 at this point, and probably another 10 or so to the 30-50 range and dropped them for one reason or another. I could do it without a mod since I know more or less where everything is but having all the quest locations on the map is just a massive convenience.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, the latest version of questie has several customization options, so you can always turn the tracker off and just keep the quest markers on the map.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Could anyone borrow me some gold on Gehenas (alliance or horde, doesn't matter).

I'm lvl 38 and I got 25 gold. I'll hit 40 tomorrow. RIP mount.

Last edited:
Level 34 warrior. Was a bit peeved about not being able to do WW at 30 so I tried farming mobs at 34 and got destroyed. The trolls rarely drop tusks, I killed around 7 and got two, and that's probably being lucky. Can't even reliably kill the elementals and they're being farmed by hostile ??s anyways. (Even the fucking water eles who's elemental water sells for next to nothing.) Went to Nessingwary and it's camped by 6+ 40-something allies. All the tigers/raptors/panthers around the area are dead and there's more roaming high levels that are causing me to idle at my corpse until 2 minutes have passed so I can rez and die again. Early leveling was cool but now I understand cleave parties, because this is fucking terrible. Layering was a bad idea, they should have had dynamic respawns. With layering you're still idling and running aimlessly looking for a single mob to tag, except there's not a bunch of people around you, only just enough so that you're still waiting for mobs AKA the worst possible population density. With dynamic respawns there would have been many more social interactions and simultaneously less downtime where you're wasting the sometimes-limited time you have to play games. Private servers were a lot more fun. Maybe it gets better at 40, although I probably won't have enough gold for my mount until high 40s. (This is with skimping on abilities, taking and selling all vendor trash, and never buying anything from the AH, by the way.)

Back to Scarlet Monastery for 6 more levels! Will probably take Ravager when I start tanking Armory and skip WW since it's really a rich man's luxury rather than a viable option on a leveling Warrior main.

Generic-Giant-Spider

*Sees Gut Ripper, a level 40 epic dagger with absurd top end for its level range on AH for 200g.*

*Whispers the auctioneer who's still online.*

Me: "Let's cut the shit, it's a fresh server, nobody has beyond 60g, nobody is buying your Gut Ripper for 200g."

Him: "okay so offer?"

Me: "Before I throw you an offer, let me remind you we're all in this together. That Gut Ripper could save your life if you're getting ganked by Horde."

Him: "okay gonna hearth and take it off AH, 70g?"

Me: "I was thinking somewhere in the ball park of... 11g and two stacks of Silk Cloth."

*No response*

Me: "12g, two stacks of Silk Cloth, and 6 spider silk. The spider silk has personal value to me."

*You are now being ignored*

Damn these are some tough nuts to CRACK on Vanilla.

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I've seen two Staff of Jordan on AH for several hundred gold. A bit optimistic at this point.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They sell gutripper for 40g where I am. But right after gutripper come blue weapons that are better and cheaper.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Level 34 warrior. Was a bit peeved about not being able to do WW at 30 so I tried farming mobs at 34 and got destroyed. The trolls rarely drop tusks, I killed around 7 and got two, and that's probably being lucky. Can't even reliably kill the elementals and they're being farmed by hostile ??s anyways. (Even the fucking water eles who's elemental water sells for next to nothing.) Went to Nessingwary and it's camped by 6+ 40-something allies. All the tigers/raptors/panthers around the area are dead and there's more roaming high levels that are causing me to idle at my corpse until 2 minutes have passed so I can rez and die again. Early leveling was cool but now I understand cleave parties, because this is fucking terrible. Layering was a bad idea, they should have had dynamic respawns. With layering you're still idling and running aimlessly looking for a single mob to tag, except there's not a bunch of people around you, only just enough so that you're still waiting for mobs AKA the worst possible population density. With dynamic respawns there would have been many more social interactions and simultaneously less downtime where you're wasting the sometimes-limited time you have to play games. Private servers were a lot more fun. Maybe it gets better at 40, although I probably won't have enough gold for my mount until high 40s. (This is with skimping on abilities, taking and selling all vendor trash, and never buying anything from the AH, by the way.)

Back to Scarlet Monastery for 6 more levels! Will probably take Ravager when I start tanking Armory and skip WW since it's really a rich man's luxury rather than a viable option on a leveling Warrior main.
WW Weapon is a level 40 weapon quest. The final part is killing a tough level 40 elite mob. The only way to do it early on is to have friends to help you.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Dungeons were fun those days. And I never did raid, yet I assume it’s the most fun. But this farming shit oh. The time became more precious now.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Exactly, time is more precious than when i played wow "classic" at release. Even dungeons can take more than an hour... the nostalgia pull is huge for me to get into this shit again, but i have nowhere near the time for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom