Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher So...Philippa Eilhart

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Replaying W3 and I can't help but notice that this lady:

Constantly calls other people "degenerates" and "deviants". Anyone else gets a chuckle out of that?

Damn, I miss when CDPR wasn't "family friendly". W1 and 2 had a ton of funny moments. Zero chance we will ever get the silly fun things like the cards from W1 or the "lesbomancy" jokes from W2 now that CDPR is playing in teh big boy leagues. Eh... :negative:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In later Witchers instead of collectible cards we got quality sex scenes. I especially liked the one with Triss in the cave lake. And Yen's scene on top of stuffed unicorn was quite amusing.

Still, I wonder if someone modded the collector cards into Witcher 3.

There are several characters you can have sex with, each encounter could be rewarded with a card:
Triss (2 sex scenes - 2 cards)
Yennefer (2 sex scenes - 2 cards)
Keira Metz in Velen
The Nilfgaardian spy chick in Novigrad
The shieldmaiden in Skellige
Duchess sister in Touissant
Shani in Heart of Stone

Plus one card for the numerous whores of Novigrad and another for the sluts of Beauclair!

Collect them all!

Master

Arbiter
Replaying W3 and I can't help but notice that this lady:

Constantly calls other people "degenerates" and "deviants". Anyone else gets a chuckle out of that?

Damn, I miss when CDPR wasn't "family friendly". W1 and 2 had a ton of funny moments. Zero chance we will ever get the silly fun things like the cards from W1 or the "lesbomancy" jokes from W2 now that CDPR is playing in teh big boy leagues. Eh... :negative:

But... Nothing changed with CDP. Its the same dudebro popamole company as ever.

Master

Arbiter
Damn, I miss when CDPR wasn't "family friendly".
I don't think they've reached that point quite yet, but at the same time I find it increasingly unlikely that one of their future games would feature a scene where a gay villain is castrated and forced to eat his own balls.
I don't see how that makes the game or story better. Much ballsier would be some subtlety and trust that you will get something without being hammered with it. But then the dudebro wont get it, and he'll switch to Gears of War again.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I don't see how that makes the game or story better.
It's something that they could include if they felt like it, without thinking too much about the potential outrage over it and the possible ways to avoid that. Maybe they still don't give a shit if they piss someone off, I don't know, but it must at least be more tempting to take a safer, more politically correct route when you're suddenly making games for a much wider fanbase. Those are the kind of copromises that can eventually kill you — BioWare is an extreme example, but increasingly often you also see writers tiptoeing around touchy subjects like rape because it might upset somebody, even if said subject would be a very logical part of the setting or the story. I can live with bad writing and poorly-told stories, but I can't stand it when writing is neutered to the point of being obnoxious.

Frozen

Arcane
There is no Phillipa in that Witcher show that is coming, at least for now.

Sadly, woke writers don't want evil gay characters.

mondblut

Arcane

"bu-but wouldn't you agree that these PROBLEMATIC things do not contribute to muh story AT ALL, and by REMOVING them nothing of value would be lost?", said increasingly nervous man.

No, fuck you. Tits >>>>>>>>>> muh story.

Danikas

Arcane
It's something that they could include if they felt like it, without thinking too much about the potential outrage over it and the possible ways to avoid that. Maybe they still don't give a shit if they piss someone off, I don't know, but it must at least be more tempting to take a safer, more politically correct route when you're suddenly making games for a much wider fanbase. Those are the kind of copromises that can eventually kill you — BioWare is an extreme example, but increasingly often you also see writers tiptoeing around touchy subjects like rape because it might upset somebody, even if said subject would be a very logical part of the setting or the story. I can live with bad writing and poorly-told stories, but I can't stand it when writing is neutered to the point of being obnoxious.
We havent reached that point yet, Cyberpunk will be the true test.

Just some casual soldiering.

Last edited:

Malpercio

Arcane
That definitely was what Witcher 3 was missing. Shitty VN-tier pandering.

It's not like one of the selling points of the expansion was "YOU CAN FUCK THE GINGER FROM WITCHER 1 AGAIN (Despite the fact it may not even make sense)".

odrzut

Arcane
There is no Phillipa in that Witcher show that is coming, at least for now.

Sadly, woke writers don't want evil gay characters.

She's bi. Kinda. And anyway, she only appears in later books, why would she be in the first season?

Frozen

Arcane
She is there early on I think in second or third book already.
It depends how much main plot they squeeze in season 1

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom