Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Will it bite me in the ass later on if I stealth kill the guards at the storehouse in the prologue? Provided no one spots me.
I believe that it lowers your reputation with the faction. You could just put sailor's uniform and walk around undisturbed.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Till now i am pretty much liking them the most,all the factions are shit to be honest. Your faction is a bunch merchants filled with niggers,then we have boring zealots that lack anything fabulous that makes religious zealots cool,and them we have a bunch of retarded arab scientists making human experiments. So i am left with the native white supremacists,i am yet to see a black native :incline:. I am pretty sure that i will butcher the retarded arabs....if i get the option!

But they live in mudhuts :(

Codex Year of the Donut
Till now i am pretty much liking them the most,all the factions are shit to be honest. Your faction is a bunch merchants filled with niggers,then we have boring zealots that lack anything fabulous that makes religious zealots cool,and them we have a bunch of retarded arab scientists making human experiments. So i am left with the native white supremacists,i am yet to see a black native :incline:. I am pretty sure that i will butcher the retarded arabs....if i get the option!

Stop being racist towards the irish

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Soo a few short thoughts about the game.

The exploration and the level design are pretty good,it reminds me of gothic and other PB games. The combat is solid,but it could become a cluster fuck if there are too many enemies. It is a lot better than retarded tumbling simulator. Writing is....there,i am too early to judge it. The economy is like in all other spider games....non existing in reality. A big negative part of the game i noticed is that the enemies are cell based,but the proximity to the player is fucked/bugged. You end up fighting a bunch of enemy and in mid fight they decide to disengage and run back to their cell,restoring their full health and shield. As a whole i am having good fun with it.
That happened to me quite a few times. Especially at the very start. I would get into a fight with "bandits" in the streets of Serene and they would just run back where they came from as if there was no fight. And 100% health again. Though once I managed to take another router to the a group of bandits were and I managed to stealth kill them all

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I will bring them glorious civilization and conquer the world as their god tzar!

The exploration and the level design are pretty good,it reminds me of gothic and other PB games. The combat is solid,but it could become a cluster fuck if there are too many enemies. It is a lot better than retarded tumbling simulator. Writing is....there,i am too early to judge it. The economy is like in all other spider games....non existing in reality. A big negative part of the game i noticed is that the enemies are cell based,but the proximity to the player is fucked/bugged. You end up fighting a bunch of enemy and in mid fight they decide to disengage and run back to their cell,restoring their full health and shield. As a whole i am having good fun with it.
That happened to me quite a few times. Especially at the very start. I would get into a fight with "bandits" in the streets of Serene and they would just run back where they came from as if there was no fight. And 100% health again. Though once I managed to take another router to the a group of bandits were and I managed to stealth kill them all
It does happen from time to time,especially if you play a range build.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I will bring them glorious civilization and conquer the world as their god tzar!

I'm not very far in. But wonder if there will be any option to respec later on in the game

deama

Prophet
Alright, just played for 2 hours, I don't seem to be enjoying this, it invokes some weird feeling, I think the word I'm looking for is "eurojank".

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Is craftsmanship actually good? I think I should have gone with science. And I haven't seen any vigor check yet.
I'm going for a mage/gun build. Guns do absolutely ridiculous amount of damage. Just compare the numbers between starting melee weapons and starting rifles. It's like 70 vs 340. At the shop in Serene. Holy shit and someone said that guns don't do enough damage. Couple this with science skill to craft ammo and an investment in guns skill I don't even......I might respec into full guns at some point but I like my pew pew playstyle now.
Also after playing Sekiro this is child's play, on Extreme difficulty. Just dodge through everything. Also enemies respawn every 4 days so you can farm some. Don't know if it's one specific place or everywhere but, yeah, extra xp and gear aka gold.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I'm not very far in. But wonder if there will be any option to respec later on in the game
Yes,after finishing the prologue you get respec crystal.

Did anyone get how loot chance work? Is it stackable or does it take the highest percentage,what does it affect?

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Yes,after finishing the prologue you get respec crystal.

Did anyone get how loot chance work? Is it stackable or does it take the highest percentage,what does it affect?
I'm not done with the prologue yet, but can you use the respec crystal indefinitely? Or is it just a once off after the prologue?

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I think it's a consumable. I have only one after a certain fight. And on Reddit someone asked where more could be found so it's not an infinite use item.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Dumb question I know. But is there an option to hide head gear anywhere? I feel like everytime the camara tries to get a better angle my wide brim hat just blocks 90 percent of it.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Question for those who are playing/have played, and have used Firearms: if I wanted to use Firearms (Accuracy) as my only method of dealing damage, would that work out? I'm seeing conflicting info, with some people saying Firearms do amazing damage, and then others saying that they don't do enough damage so don't rely on them...

Firearms are OP as phuck, at least in the early game. Maybe it changes later but I'm about 8 hours in and it hasn't changed much. So much so in fact, that I have sort of sworn off my 'mage' build for a weird hybrid gun mage. When you also consider that the big AOE DPS attack is at the end of the firearms tree (Bomb) if you want a 'blaster' type build, guns seem to be where it is at. I've unlocked some of the advanced mage spells and they are prettty 'meh' by comparison. Lastly, yes, Anointed weapons works w/ pistols & rifles.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Witcher 2 was shit. After playing it for a few hours i decided to never play anything "Witcher" again. And i really liked first game.

giphy.gif

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Magic is meh, bombs are the bomb.

100% this, I may actually respec my dude into a pure firearms / bomber build. I am deeply invested in the magic tree and it is hot garbage except for the "Dishonored" blink / teleport dodge thingy. The rest are trash.

Also moderators- being on 'kindergarten' posting restrictions is somewhat ball chaffing, if understandable just FYI...

Yosharian

Arcane
A major design flaw Greedfall shares with The Technomancer is that non-combat skills are divided into a seperate upgrade category.

Why bribe or sneak past enemies when your character is an OP god no matter what? There needs to be some trade off in order to give non-combat skills meaning.

Oh yeh of little faith, does roleplaying amount to so little in your worldview that you need an incentive for it

Roleplaying isn't fun if your character has no weaknesses.

But you only get one talent point every five levels. There are six talents with three ranks each—it would take 90 levels to max them all out. Say 60 levels if you can find enough items that give you +1. You’re supposed to finish the game around level 40-50. For the vast bulk of your playtime, you absolutely need to specialize.

For attributes, you get 1 point every 4th level. There are six attributes with five ranks each. They gate your ability to use the best weapons and armor. You’d have to hit level 120 to max everything out. In a normal playthrough, you can max out 2 of 6, with maybe a couple of points in a third one.
So how often do you get skill points? (the abilities you use in combat)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A major design flaw Greedfall shares with The Technomancer is that non-combat skills are divided into a seperate upgrade category.

Why bribe or sneak past enemies when your character is an OP god no matter what? There needs to be some trade off in order to give non-combat skills meaning.

Oh yeh of little faith, does roleplaying amount to so little in your worldview that you need an incentive for it

Roleplaying isn't fun if your character has no weaknesses.

But you only get one talent point every five levels. There are six talents with three ranks each—it would take 90 levels to max them all out. Say 60 levels if you can find enough items that give you +1. You’re supposed to finish the game around level 40-50. For the vast bulk of your playtime, you absolutely need to specialize.

For attributes, you get 1 point every 4th level. There are six attributes with five ranks each. They gate your ability to use the best weapons and armor. You’d have to hit level 120 to max everything out. In a normal playthrough, you can max out 2 of 6, with maybe a couple of points in a third one.
So how often do you get skill points? (the abilities you use in combat)
You get skill points every level,you also find them exploring the wildness,talent and attribute points you get once every 3-4 levels.

jungl

Augur
Game sucks its like every other spiders game. Lots of back tracking lots of trash mobs lots of eurojank and that sums up the game. For a combat focused game somehow it has less cool abilities then their previous games in combat. They made the game look good in trailers and priced it at 50 bucks when surprise its another spiders game! Assassin creed odyssey and witcher 2 are lot better games.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Alright, just played for 2 hours, I don't seem to be enjoying this, it invokes some weird feeling, I think the word I'm looking for is "eurojank".
Really funny that if all those problems this game has and if this game was a big AAA game, you would see a very different response, especially if it had the Bioware mark of the devil on it but because it is eurojank, nah, it is fine.:lol:

They made the game look good in trailers and priced it at 50 bucks when surprise its another spiders game!
It worked, this has their most concurrent players by far. :cool:
This strategy worked very well even on the codex, let alone between normies, the frenchies this time got to fix the right and probably the only thing that matters for sales, the production values.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This strategy worked very well even on the codex, let alone between normies, the frenchies this time got to fix the right and probably the only thing that matters for sales, the production values.

The lipsync's pretty bad though, I imagine that's a big part of the reason why the CEO is experiencing a lot of anguish over the release date.

Today my last game is finally released. It's the result of 3 years of intense work, tears, blood, passion... And now I just feel pain and grief. Let's talk about it tomorrow or another day. But not today. Today I'm hurt.

Thank you so much for your support! It's amazing to have such a friendly community. When you invest so much of yourself in a world, when all the characters you've created are like family, release dates can be very painful. All your kind messages are helping a lot to get over it !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom