Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

frajaq

Erudite
hate these fucking bat mobs so goddamn much

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
what monster use inver x axis? i see people that use invert y time to time, but x?
:what:
What's the difference between inverting y or inverting x?
inverting x is when you move your mouse up, the camera looks down, and move your mouse down the camera move up. ( i never do it with mouse, but have done it with keyboard or controller , especially games with flight)

inverting x axis means if you move left the camera move right and vice versa and the only people who does that is probably a psychopath
It Is just the same. Just substitute up/down with left/right.
What I mean is that it should be not so strange to invert x movement, not more than inverting y movement.

From a technical perspective, sure, but up/down inverting comes from flight sims with sticks, I never heard of people inverting left/right, that sounds more like somebody has a certain kind of brain damage
Yes, I agree. But switching x It is not so strange and you can adapt pretty fast. Basically is like changing your reference frame for the movement, from camera to player character and vice-versa.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmm ok,a quick question.

Just the sister for me. I accidentally started down the right path, before quickly realizing it after Siora said something. Ran back to the left path, but I must have triggered some waste of time. I wonder if her Mom can be saved, though. Would drastically change her companion quest if so.

I took the left side, and could only save the sister
Same was for me,it too took the left path. It seems that it doesn't matter. I got a quest to save the surviving wariors tho.

I love this game ❤️

Let us know whom you side with.
Do you really need to ask? She will take the savage one!

hate these fucking bat mobs so goddamn much

Just you wait till you have to fight the big boss like creatures :).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game need to address head bobbing and random shaking.. I had to get it refunded within 30mins because it was causing me massive motion sickness.

Sorry, game developers don't have to cater to every crazy person
Next thing you know they'll want an invert x axis button, the reprobates.

Hope all of you guys suffer motion sickness in near future
Hold up, I was too busy being an asshole to notice: why does a third person game have head bobbing?

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
The game need to address head bobbing and random shaking.. I had to get it refunded within 30mins because it was causing me massive motion sickness.

Hold up, I was too busy being an asshole to notice: why does a third person game have head bobbing?

Because the camera is tied to your head with a telescopic selfie stick.

There are also variants...
1144320.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut

I don't see head bobbing?

Codex Year of the Donut

I don't see head bobbing?
nvm, it's noticeable if your fov is low. Try maxing out your fov.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Maybe turning down camera speed/sensitivity helps? The default setting was way to fast for me.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
9 hours into the game and it sort of grew on me, even though I mainly run around doin' some quality exploration and side quests. I fought my first boss,
the guardian at the wrecked ship
, and he was so easy that it's funny, although I'm playin' a pure mage and as far as I can tell that's a truly superior build (magic damage ignores armour, so...) (mage in GreedFall aka King of Kite). I'm afraid of taking Síora anywhere or pushing the main plot 'cause of massive cringe I sense in these directions.

I'll probably stop reporting as frequently 'cause I know that I start to lag behind folks who have their whole lives to play video games, I'll come back after I'm done with it.

Last edited:

polo

Magister
So, codex consensus after more than a day? Good? Shit? Decent? Shit but enjoyable?
I've read a lot about how easy this is, and a lot of copy paste enemies, but besides that, what do you think?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So, codex consensus after more than a day? Good? Shit? Decent? Shit but enjoyable?
I've read a lot about how easy this is, and a lot of copy paste enemies, but besides that, what do you think?

It's fun but has some clear flaws, major among them that you don't really role-play the main character, but you play out the options laid out for his type. There are quite a lot of situations where I wish I could be more abrasive, threaten or just outright kill an NPC instead of being railroaded into the choices (although you do have real choices, faction-wise and how to solve quests). A far cry from the reactivity of, say, Fallout. Still, otherwise I love the setting and what I've seen so far

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've heard this is the best RPG of 2019 so far.

I hope to fuck it isn't, because what I've seen on YT looks like total wank, even worse than Technomancer, which itself was utterly mediocre.

It's better than Technomancer on pretty much every metric. I'm not far enough in to render a serious verdict, and I can see someone preferring Technomancer's setting if they like dystopian sci-fi more than 17th or 18th century inspired fantasy, but other than that question of taste Greedfall's an across the board improvement.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not a problem I've noticed as of 12 hours in.
You're sleeping through the game or larping that you're playing it. Game has standard set of enemies it copy-pasts around major locations (wolf-like things, rhinoceros-like-charging-animals things, bats and so on and so forth, game showcases all of these on the arena), which makes fights boring (not easy mind you), especially if one plays a mage with Shadow Burst...

Not a problem I've noticed as of 12 hours in.
You're sleeping through the game or larping that you're playing it. Game has standard set of enemies it copy-pasts around major locations (wolf-like things, rhinoceros-like-charging-animals things, bats and so on and so forth, game showcases all of these on the arena), which makes fights boring (not easy mind you), especially if one plays a mage with Shadow Burst...
Yup. There's a lot of copy-paste in the game in terms of environments (Specially buildings) and there is very little enemy variety. 12 hours in might still not be enough time to see this for yourself though. Overall i've had little else to complain about as of yet.

It's fun but has some clear flaws, major among them that you don't really role-play the main character, but you play out the options laid out for his type. There are quite a lot of situations where I wish I could be more abrasive, threaten or just outright kill an NPC instead of being railroaded into the choices (although you do have real choices, faction-wise and how to solve quests). A far cry from the reactivity of, say, Fallout. Still, otherwise I love the setting and what I've seen so far
Agreed. Even though you do get to make your character, this is more on the side of adapting to a specific role (ala Mass Effect, Alpha Protocol etc.) rather than defining it fully like Fallout.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I've heard this is the best RPG of 2019 so far.

I hope to fuck it isn't, because what I've seen on YT looks like total wank, even worse than Technomancer, which itself was utterly mediocre.

It's better than Technomancer on pretty much every metric. I'm not far enough in to render a serious verdict, and I can see someone preferring Technomancer's setting if they like dystopian sci-fi more than 17th or 18th century inspired fantasy, but other than that question of taste Greedfall's an across the board improvement.
Ahh technomancer did have a unique setting and harder combat. Still i do agree with you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom