Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Generic-Giant-Spider

I've always been very partial to the whole Defias series of quests. I like how they're your main enemy if you play Human all the way to around the 30s and Deadmines is a nostalgia overload.

There's also the Syndicate who are from Alterac and are framed as a band of cutthroats and fallen nobles who have resorted to being gang leaders now. Those who played WC2 know Alterac as the ones that end up betraying you midway through the Alliance campaign, it's nice to see the end result of what happened as a result of their treachery. Alterac's colors/banner were also orange, which the Syndicate thugs wear as bandanna colors as a cool little nod.

Edit: It also seemed like the Ravenholdt vs. Syndicate war was supposed to be a questline that never was expanded on and became forgotten over time. You can actually gain reputation with the Syndicate if you kill Ravenholdt members, maybe it was a Rogue exclusive thing where you'd choose your preferred guild or something. It always was a bit strange how you have this giant gap between 20 to 50 before you get another Rogue exclusive quest. If I had to guess the whole conflict was going to be a way to fill in that big blank and considering the Syndicate exist in areas that are 30s-early 40s it seems feasible.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You have a giant gap between 20-50 in terms of class quests for most of the classes. Only Shamans, Warlocks, Warriors and Mages get something. There are some unused quests in the databases for the other classes, but that's about it. If I were to guess, quests were planned for all the classes, but they didn't have time/money/desire/ideas to implement them.

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I can't catch any goddamn fish, at least not in Tanaris. The loot window is just empty. Is that a bug or some dynamic fuckery?

I don't ever recall there being an empty loot window when fishing. Either you get something or you get a message saying "The fish got away."

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Got my WW Axe at level 32 with the help of a level 44 priest.

Now I am poor again because I bought 16 of the charms from the AH (fuck grinding!)

Do you think mining is decent for gold? I have been cooking but the margins are slim and it requires frequent AH checking for mats.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't mind mining; you put on some trance music and off you go.

It's stunning how much this game is like Everquest 2 in its prime. Still more casual of course (after all, in EQ2 you'd actually get XP debt when you died, and almost everything past the very starting area was group content) but the closest game to EQ 2. Amusingly enough, EQ2 itself was considered casual also by the EQ 1 fans that longed for the days of trains and losing your gear on death.

I just mention this because the mining/herbing is an exact copy. In fact, the entire game is a copy of EQ2 with a different world, different aesthetic, but the same combat system, an inferior crafting system and the same ideas: auction house is just a copy of the EQ2 broker, bank is identical to EQ2. I am surprised they didn't get into legal trouble.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't mind mining; you put on some trance music and off you go.

It's stunning how much this game is like Everquest 2 in its prime. Still more casual of course (after all, in EQ2 you'd actually get XP debt when you died, and almost everything past the very starting area was group content) but the closest game to EQ 2. Amusingly enough, EQ2 itself was considered casual also by the EQ 1 fans that longed for the days of trains and losing your gear on death.

I just mention this because the mining/herbing is an exact copy. In fact, the entire game is a copy of EQ2 with a different world, different aesthetic, but the same combat system, an inferior crafting system and the same ideas: auction house is just a copy of the EQ2 broker, bank is identical to EQ2. I am surprised they didn't get into legal trouble.
It could be that it released in the same month. WoW had auctioneers since at least July 2004 by the looks of it (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_0.8 ).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I wasn't being serious; the point is that they're super similar and it's easy to switch from one to the other, at least with Classic.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm 40 with no mount.

Tried doing stealth runs of SM GY (2 chests + rares). Spent 3 hours, made 16 gold. Still 42g short.

Fuck it. This is very toxic, Blizzard.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I have done a lot of fishing, how did you make gold with it?
Just sell the fish? They are just worth coppers. And the cooked fish aren't worth much either. AH?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Oily Blackmouth and Greater Sagefish are the bigger sellers at lower levels. You should look for schools of fish that have those specifically. The debris are also pretty cood, not for the resources you get in those chests but for the money you'll save on potions since you can get a lot from those things.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Ah yeah, I never really took advantage of the schools, and just fished at docks for easy cooking fish.

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I have done a lot of fishing, how did you make gold with it?
Just sell the fish? They are just worth coppers. And the cooked fish aren't worth much either. AH?
Most of it is from Mithril Bound Trunks. I just run up and down the coast of Tanaris and fish every pool I see.

9b970c9817a9ffe630be4b00802f8ed7.png
924c1b10640612aa4806a83a2373323a.png

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
So you auction all those bolts of cloth on the AH? I got a TON!! This is a goldmine! Don't tell anyone else...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What is a saturated market?

Market comes and goes just stash shit on alts. I used to have an alt for each type of item. One only for herbs, one only for ores etc. I even had one for meats and animal parts lmao.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
At this rate I'll have atleast 100g by the end of this week.

994aac63188b35c093a3f8d3d8f227c0.png
Ok pls explain what you're doing and what's your gold earn rate per hour.

Can anyone sponsor my mount (I need 50g)? Here's an offer, I'll pay you back double within the week. It's on Gehennas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom