Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Well, trigger warning as an optional thing is not as bad as it sounds, if it gets the Americunt sissies to stfu. Although, i hope Cara Bitchson puts as much effort into the gameplay design as she puts in this banal crap.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Do you remember the old good days in which this was the only kind of warning you had in a videogame?

warning.jpg

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do you remember the old good days in which this was the only kind of warning you had in a videogame?
warning.jpg
Sorry buddy. Even in 1999 you could easily go on the internet and look up stuff about the content of the game if you chose to do so. Which is really all this is except more convenient.

I'm so angry I can look stuff up. :argh:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
warning.jpg
Sorry buddy. Even in 1999 you could easily go on the internet and look up stuff about the content of the game if you chose to do so. Which is really all this is except more convenient.
I'm so angry I can look stuff up. :argh:

Eh? My point is that I don't want any trigger warnings inside a game, such as at beginning of each quest (as they are planning to do in BL2). It should be enough to have only one warning at the beginning of the game.

Obviously the real problem is that they want to make a product suited for everyone, and obviously it will be shit, like all the PG13 movies.

The only trigger warning I need:
doesthedogdie2.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh? My point is that I don't want any trigger warnings inside a game, such as at beginning of each quest (as they are planning to do in BL2).

Wrong. You really didn't read what Ellison wrote:

Ellison said:
Somebody said:
I am sorry, but trigger warnings before the start of a quest sounds like a absolutely horrible idea.
Agree. Which is why I stated "a part of the accessibility menu where we outline the thematic content of each mission" in my original post. You would have to go there, and then read a matrix, if you wanted an outline of the content.
Unless she's lying, this will be less intrusive than the Silent Hill warning.

Last edited:

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

Max Edge

I'm little out of touch with this game, so I have question: How many clans and factions it has? Do they all come from tabletop version?

Vincente

Arbiter
just check out https://www.bloodlines2.com/ dude, three faction are yet to be revealed but one of them obviously is gonna be Anarchs

These "The Pioneers" - That's sound like something like from "New" World of Darkness. When they added them to "Classic" editions?

And how they work in tabletop?

I don't think Seattle was used much in the tabletop setting, let along V5 which will be game's edition IIRC.

Max Edge

I don't think Seattle was used much in the tabletop setting, let along V5 which will be game's edition IIRC.

I ask, because it changes a lot game dynamics. In old old WOD Carmilla were leader with little dogs around (Anarchs, Giovanni, Sabbat, Seth ) and this puppies were mostly limited to clans. There, in Bloodlines 2, it looks more like New WOD with many factions, called there "clans" and more individual clans, called there "bloodlines". So, old clan-bloodlines is less important than faction.

skaraher

Cipher
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Reich
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Heinrich_Himmler

The Final Reich, sometimes also referred to as the Fourth Reich, was an old right-wing Anarch gang of Berlin who, in recent times, has reallocated to Krakow.

One of the most important persons within the Third Reich, Heinrich Himmler was appointed Chief of the German Police and Minister of Interiors, both supervising the SS and the Gestapo. For his high organizational skills, he was noted by prince Gustav Breidenstein who ghouled him in order to save his crumbling hold on Hitler and the Third Reich.

When the war came to an end, Himmler was Embraced by a Tremere, who thought that the man would be a valuable asset to the Clan. Himmler, however, proved to be immune to the Blood Bond and fled, traveling the world in the search for occult secrets. During his travels, he met the Sabbat in New York and joined House Goratrix.

He later returned to Berlin, helping the Brujah Dieter Kotlar in founding the Final Reich.

WOD used to have some edgy shit

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/the-baron

THE BARON

OFF THE GRID

It’s hard to know just how many vampires swear allegiance to The Baron of Aurora. In parts, that’s because very few of Seattle’s Kindred have actually met him. Acting through his lieutenants, he has taken in the city’s destitute, defiant and desperate, turning them into a ruthlessly disciplined force with hands in every shady deal.

Where a less prudent man might turn such capital into a bid for Princedom, he has so far been content to stay in the back-alleys of his turf, hoard favors, and brutally defend his business interests.

faction-posters-b-ud52kvp0d-8670de.jpg

“YOU’RE IN THE GAME NOW SON. EVER SINCE THE NIGHT YOU GOT BIT. THAT’S JUST HOW IT IS NOW.”

- Josephine, lieutenant of the Baron

NECESSARY EVIL

Nobody likes the Baron and his people - until they need something done or procured quietly and quickly. Someone will play this part, in any city. Many of Seattle’s powerful tell themselves that it’s just as well to further indebt yourself to the Devil you know.

No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter who you’re running from; the Baron has a job for you. Promotion and power comes quickly in his organization - if you can stomach the work.

KINGPIN

The Baron has no illusions about his own security: While seemingly unassailable now, his strength will remain only as long as he stays ahead of all competitors. If he ever shows weakness or becomes unreliable, his whole operation is going to fall, beginning with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/the-baron

“YOU’RE IN THE GAME NOW SON. EVER SINCE THE NIGHT YOU GOT BIT. THAT’S JUST HOW IT IS NOW.”

- Josephine, lieutenant of the Baron

The repetition of 'now' in two of three very short concurrent sentences really sticks out. I don't know an editor who wouldn't have suggested removing one of the two instances*. Instead, hardsuit opted to use this text as the sole piece of dialogue for their faction reveal. Cool.

*Especially given that the text is being presented here on its own and will therefore be scrutinized to a greater degree than if it was in a story or just spoken lines in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom