Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I think I'll wait for a while, see if they optimize the performance any time soon.

Yeah it's pretty rough right now; those min. requirements are there for a reason, I suppose. Who knows when they're gonna do the optimization passes, wouldn't honestly hold my breath for them in the immediate future.

vota DC

Augur
From what I'm seeing the beta is still in a rough state, they haven't yet entirely recovered/moved on from Gamescom.
Hey, enjoy. I think I'll wait for a while, see if they optimize the performance any time soon.
But It Is multiplayer only? Single player has many issues, some choices are strange like battania has no more archers in the standard tree while most nobles are archers.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/3631513403523911372

6e4d4df747d0ae2648ee05735729b6574bda46be.jpg

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

In this week’s blog, we will be showing you some raw gameplay footage from Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord’s vast sandbox campaign. This particular video was captured from the demo we took to this year’s Gamescom, which put a heavy emphasis on large battles and sieges, dropping the player in the mid-game of Bannerlord’s campaign with a sizable warband of troops. Because of the scale of the sandbox, unfortunately, we are unable to show you all of the game’s current features in their entirety in this one video, but rest assured, as we move closer to early access we will be sharing more videos with you that focus on different aspects of the game and highlight the many different features and mechanics that will be available for you to experience in March 2020.

For now, we hope you enjoy the video and if you have any questions, comments or concerns, make sure to leave a reply in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to them.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The siege at 7:38 looks awesome. Knowing me I will just sit on my horse until the walls have been demolished fully. And damn, feels like all games I play now is just to pass the time until this finally releases...

Üstad

Arcane

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/3631513403523911372

6e4d4df747d0ae2648ee05735729b6574bda46be.jpg

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

In this week’s blog, we will be showing you some raw gameplay footage from Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord’s vast sandbox campaign. This particular video was captured from the demo we took to this year’s Gamescom, which put a heavy emphasis on large battles and sieges, dropping the player in the mid-game of Bannerlord’s campaign with a sizable warband of troops. Because of the scale of the sandbox, unfortunately, we are unable to show you all of the game’s current features in their entirety in this one video, but rest assured, as we move closer to early access we will be sharing more videos with you that focus on different aspects of the game and highlight the many different features and mechanics that will be available for you to experience in March 2020.

For now, we hope you enjoy the video and if you have any questions, comments or concerns, make sure to leave a reply in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to them.

Seems like nothing has been dumbed down.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
The open battles are still too chaotic with the reinforcements, it needs to be modded to allow a higher number of soldiers and to set them up in formations at the beginning of the battles.

Üstad

Arcane
The open battles are still too chaotic with the reinforcements, it needs to be modded to allow a higher number of soldiers and to set them up in formations at the beginning of the battles.
Then only expensive PCs would able to run it, which means less sales. I don't think saying "just optimize it bruh" will cut it.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Then only expensive PCs could run it, which means less sales. I don't think saying "just optimize it bruh" will cut it.

There are sliders in Warband to handle that. YOu can scale the numbers way down low if you need to. The video does seem to suggest that the upper limit is a little low though, as you'd expect them to have the game running at full tilt for demonstration. So yeah, probably going to need a mod for that

Üstad

Arcane
Then only expensive PCs could run it, which means less sales. I don't think saying "just optimize it bruh" will cut it.

There are sliders in Warband to handle that. YOu can scale the numbers way down low if you need to. The video does seem to suggest that the upper limit is a little low though, as you'd expect them to have the game running at full tilt for demonstration. So yeah, probably going to need a mod for that
They can add it on vanilla but normal people will frustrate Like "WHY MY PC CANT HANDLE 800 DETAILED NPCS WITH MAX SETTING RAAAAAH" . Putting an option that many (in this case majority) can't handle only makes people sad and butthurt. I agree though, there should be setting for more soldiers, but people give very emotional and retarded reactions.

Last edited:

Üstad

Arcane
Since I couldn't find Mount and Blade Warband thread, I want to ask here. Do you consider Warband as a good RPG? What would you guys want see in the game when it comes to RPG elements?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since I couldn't find Mount and Blade Warband thread, I want to ask here. Do you consider Warband as a good RPG? What would you guys want see in the game when it comes to RPG elements?

Yes. I mean it's wonderfully easy to roleplay your character in your head. Seek out revenge, carve out your own land etc etc, but RPG elements I don't know. You mean dialogue, choices and stuff like that?

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

Yes. I mean it's wonderfully easy to roleplay your character in your head. Seek out revenge, carve out your own land etc etc, but RPG elements I don't know. You mean dialogue, choices and stuff like that?

Mount&Blade is more of a sandbox than an RPG

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

Battle slider for Bannerlord is 200 to 1000, do you want more?
Ancient battles could field up to 80.000 soldiers, I want that experience

Mount & Blade is roughly based on 12th-13th century Anatolia, where battles rarely exceeded few thousands of men.

Üstad

Arcane

Mount&Blade is more of a sandbox than an RPG
:negative:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

You mean dialogue, choices and stuff like that?
Stuff like that yeah. What would you like to see?

I don't know, I think it's pretty good already. Maybe more reactivity, but that is more system based than having roleplaying elements I think. I'm comparing to Dwarf Fortress. Some special quests would be nice maybe, for when you reach a certain point in the game, or when certain conditions are met? But I kinda like how it is, freeform and sandbox. Easy to roleplay already in my head at least.

Modron

Arcane
If you want warband with more rpg flavor play Viking Conquest Reforged for fleshed out storylines, multiple starting points and storylines, lots of CnC especially in regards to what npcs join/betray you, has personality options on character creation that provide different options in dialog, pretty damn good even if there are no armored mounts and naval combat can border on repetitious.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you want warband with more rpg flavor play Viking Conquest Reforged for fleshed out storylines, multiple starting points and storylines, lots of CnC especially in regards to what npcs join/betray you, has personality options on character creation that provide different options in dialog, pretty damn good even if there are no armored mounts and naval combat can border on repetitious.
Pretty much.
An option to drink from the skulls of my foes would not be amiss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom