Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I haven't encountered a single bug.
I did, and a plenty. I had cases of falling through the ground to the nether when descending from a cliff, there were clipping doors and disappearing people. But such things are a given when we're talkin' 'bout a game with this production values.

Curratum

And for all the dimwits who were telling everyone how the game runs fine on their GPU made 5 years ago...

"Contrary to its light CPU requirements, Greedfall requires a powerful GPU. Our AMD Radeon RX580 and NVIDIA GTX980Ti were unable to offer a smooth gaming experience at 1080p/Ultra settings. Yeap, you read that right; Greedfall cannot run with 60fps at 1080p on a freaking NVIDIA GTX980Ti."

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/greedfall-pc-performance-analysis/

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sneaking up and backstabbing an entire group of wild animals is hilarious.
It is shame that the game doesn't have a stealth three.

Fuck,just finished exploring BEDRI and had no loot,only the professors journal....disappointing.
I'm at the exact same place bar like half an hour. This was disappointing as fuck.

Same. :-/ That was kinda beat, I was fully expecting the first 'mini-boss' to drop something especially since I read one of the reviews stating that the big encounters like that gave interesting items so that was disappointing. I also only got 3 outta 4 journals somehow in there not sure where I missed the fourth one but that was annoying too. :?
Yeah,all the boss fights are disappointing in the loot department. Tho the fights were pretty cool for me at least.
I'm starting to think the lack of loot from bosses might be a bug.

Before the game comes out I watched some preview video where they beat a boss and it actually drops two unique equipment.
Hope not,it do get some loot that is worth 150 coins if sold. Maybe it is a special boss or maybe the loot is automatically picked up and not on the body?!

is this game fun and good or is the slavo-gothic lobby pretending eurojank is actually a positive term
Ahhh go play anthem,the apogee of merican rpg making.

Monster variety could be a bit (or a lot) higher
There is a decent amount of monsters. Maybe you don't notice them because they do look kind off the same tho. The big poison lizards are particularly nasty,hit you for third of your health and have like 15 poison damaged stacked :).

Main issue with the game is the issue Spiders always has: The project's scope was too big. e.g., they should have focused on making New Selene bigger and more detailed than creating three settlements that are all sorta half-assed.
Ahh i am for more side quests which are pretty good so far. The worst part is that the quest givers are not well shown on the maps. If he is in a building,you have to enter and then see if someone have a quest for you. A marker on the global map that shows that there is a quest giver in X location would have been nice.

True, they should stop saying inspired by BioWare, being inspired by shit is not a recommendation
Funny thing is that their game is better than anything Biowaste has made in the last decade. Tho i take it as a sign that their future games will not be good as their older ones.

These are the little things, but they add up. Spiders should restrain their silly ambition, and focus more on details. Lower the price a little, and stop this "inspired by BioWare" nonsense. They don't have the budget, nor the people to properly emulate them.
With this i do disagree mate,if they just decided to keep it small we wouldn't have ended with this game. They do constantly improve with any new game they make. Also most of the things on the lists are non issues for me,they are just things that you expect from Action RPGs.....or RPGs in general. As if Baldur's gate,NWN,Mass effect etc etc didn't have recycled rooms. Fuck,in BG there was like 3 types of houses. I got used to all that graphical shit long time ago and it doesn't bother me at this point. It is cutting corners to focus on more solid core elements. Only actual negative in your post was the quest reactivity with the mother. Anyway,i am not defending the game,things that you wrote are true and in the game.

No, you stop posting, you console-bred moron, and develop the ability to tell whether medium detail on your shitty mobile 1060 runs at 38 or 58 FPS. Or just use a fps counter like a normal human being before coming in here and telling people how well it runs.
Said the man that could run the game with latest garbage peddled by the GPU industry lol. Lear to optimize your rig before going on about that shit. The game runs fine on older cards,this just shows that the problem is in you mate. Also why the fuck you still spam shit in this thread??? You clearly haven't played the game and don't have intention of doing it. Is is a spiteful butthurt that you can't optimize your rig or just simply trolling?

Technomancer

Liturgist
They do constantly improve with any new game they make.
That is true, they do improve but they also don't change the Spiders game formula which is flawed. My point was that I would prefer that they'd focus a bit more on the details to give the game more character and a bit less on the locations and scope which they cannot support anyway. Sure there are many places and they look pretty but they are mostly empty, boring to explore and in general very DA inquisition like (their excuse was MMO converted game). Do you really need that many? Maybe cut a few and add some party banter instead? What's the point of making a game with followers who remain silent for most of the game? Cosmetic stuff you can skip, yes even extra animations, but why cheap out on the characters? The protagonist is especially lacking he is dead set in his ways and even if you go out of your way to be as evil and harmful as possible he will always be sincerely sorry for his actions. Even their first game had more options to alter the main character, which was the main selling point of the game, a bit sad that they decided to drop this feature for a more static main character.

Curratum

Said the man that could run the game with latest garbage peddled by the GPU industry lol. Lear to optimize your rig before going on about that shit. The game runs fine on older cards,this just shows that the problem is in you mate. Also why the fuck you still spam shit in this thread??? You clearly haven't played the game and don't have intention of doing it. Is is a spiteful butthurt that you can't optimize your rig or just simply trolling?

I will actually pirate that just to see how it runs over half an hour tonight on my own box, because you're either purposefully lying about performance or you literally can't tell 40 from 60 fps.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They do constantly improve with any new game they make.
That is true, they do improve but they also don't change the Spiders game formula which is flawed. My point was that I would prefer that they'd focus a bit more on the details to give the game more character and a bit less on the locations and scope which they cannot support anyway. Sure there are many places and they look pretty but they are mostly empty, boring to explore and in general very DA inquisition like (their excuse was MMO converted game). Do you really need that many? Maybe cut a few and add some party banter instead? What's the point of making a game with followers who remain silent for most of the game? Cosmetic stuff you can skip, yes even extra animations, but why cheap out on the characters? The protagonist is especially lacking he is dead set in his ways and even if you go out of your way to be as evil and harmful as possible he will always be sincerely sorry for his actions. Even their first game had more options to alter the main character, which was the main selling point of the game, a bit sad that they decided to drop this feature for a more static main character.
Ahhh characters talk a lot of during side quests,maybe you had the "wrong" companions at different times of the story. I run mainly with the savage girl and the priest,they are grand. They do offer a lot of dialogue interaction between then and some time even open a different option in the quest you are doing. I don't really care that much about the DAO type of mindless yet funny banter,it is a different game. The characters here do have a lot of development,their side quests are also very interesting and open new things that could affect quests later on. I honestly am impressed at how well the side content is implemented and waved in,some times side quests affect different side quests,it was very surprising to me. As for the main character,yeah it is the main character and not you,it does lack interactivity of their earlier games. Still i don't see it as a bad thing,it is refreshing to play storied character and not an empty cumbucket. The ba thing is that he very cunty from time to time and dim witted at others.
In the end i do agree with you,even if see it from other perspective :).

you literally can't tell 40 from 60 fps.
Chill out totalbiscuit,most people can't see the difference between 40 and 60. Also that is not a performance but FPS,which is small part of the performance. A lot more important is for the game to run smooth and don't have rapid FPS drops than to run pure 60fps.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Yeah I'm getting stuttering/FPS drops in large areas. Running the game on max settings and 1080p on a GTX 1070/i5-8400. Didn't expect an AA game to be this demanding.

BTW, on the subject of bugs, there's this: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/GreedFall

The Ranged Shadow Impact ability in the Magic skill tree will cause the player to have a much slower rate of fire. The Magic skill immediately after Ranged Shadow Impact, Whirlwind of Shadows, will greatly improve speed, compensating for this issue. It is recommended to save two talent points and unlock both upgrades together when acquiring this upgrade, or avoid it altogether if possible.

Just posting this as a heads-up.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Runs pretty bad and looks worse than Technomancer. Maybe it has more graphical bells and whistles but when they're only used to create a mish mash of hazy brown buildings it's a waste.

Technomancer was all grey, but it had a lot of sharp details and ran butter smooth (when it wasn't crashing).

Delterius

Arcane
Okay, I'm enjoying the combat in this game, but what I'm not enjoying is the companions shouting advice at me every two seconds. "You're running out of magic, use a potion!", "use a potion if you want to cast more spells!", "use the potion!" YES I KNOW MY MANA IS DEPLETED, SHUT THE FUCK UP. It kind of takes me out of it. Seriously hoping they get rid of this useless nagging in a patch.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been doing a lot of side quests, and while often easy and mostly consist of you running around, I have so say I'm pretty impressed how they connect to everything else that keep going on. Dialogue keep referencing stuff that you have done earlier, even other side quests and characters. You get to know a lot of characters through this, even if their character isn't that deep.

You see this video by Rock Paper Shit? If 10 of you would report it as "hateful content" then you'd put a dent in an agent of decline's armor.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Fuck,just finished exploring BEDRI and had no loot,only the professors journal....disappointing.

The game is unfinished or at least the last part is completely shit. Enjoy it.

is this game fun and good or is the slavo-gothic lobby pretending eurojank is actually a positive term

It's fun and good in a lot of ways, yes. Showing its flaws more and more as it goes on, but most games tend to do that.

translation for Jinn language: "it's shit but I pretend this is the new normal"

Life in a nutshell:

Number of RPGs with magic: 50,098,897
Number of RPGs set during 17th or pseudo-17th century: 1
Number of idiots in thread who are upset that magic is OP because they MUST use magic in the 17th century RPG: 340

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom