Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stalkers

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I can only say that while Crawlers and Death Stalkers initially feels like complete and utter bullshit, it gets easier...

...but it's still complete and utter fucking bullshit, because even with a Perception of 15, they'll still come out of nowhere and tag you. Having absurdly high Stealth really helps, as you can move around a lot and back and forth and hope to detect them first, at least before combat starts.

And when combat has started, don't stand still, actually try to move around randomly. Not only does it increase your detection on them for each step you take, but you also have a chance of bumping into them, at which point they're SOL.
Btw, have they removed the lone crawler really close to the SGS somewhere in the caves?
I vaguely remember the butthurt faggots crying about it too, maybe I'm mistaken.
Yes, hello, that was me.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OK, so who thought this was a good idea? An enemy that is pretty much invincible if you can't spot it, poisons you, prevents you from using medicines, disappears into thin air, and then only come back when you are stunned?

This is incredible absurd and tedious.

It's right up there with the idiocy of respawning rathound hordes everywhere.

git gud

I just wander around until I spot them naturally (8 perception) or they reveal themselves by trying to make some pathetic little poison attack. Then I one-shot them with an aimed shot from my plasma pistol. Like an underground cowboy.

Yep, you could say I am something of a death stalker stalker

DEATHSTALKER.jpg

Went and killed the guy hanging out by the mysterious monolith for the Tchortist. Was jumped by about 6 death stalkers for my trouble.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
One method i sometime sused is letting them sting me, run away so they can't take advantage of me being stunned then quickly return fuck their shit up while having second wind. In later levels, where their damage and my hit points/armor/shield allwos, the least annoying way is just standing in one place let them do their thing and then mow the fuckers down, when regaining consciousness. Perception and stealth rarely helps and setting up gorrillion of traps, while throwing flares is too much busywork.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I put down a few bear traps and use Yell to bait them. I then proceed to cut them into peaces with my machete.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom