Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Jigawatt

Arcane
You might also consider this mod

57-1529107026-1555454398.jpeg

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I just killed Manus. Now I'm off to kill the dragon whatever. After that I still have some places to explore in Lost Izalith (already killed the bed of bugness) and I haven't touched New Londo (I went there, got killed by monster that I cannot touch, decided to leave). I've heard something about being cursed to hit them.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Finished the game. I must say that when you do everything, the last fight(s) are quite easy. Four Kings and Gwyn felt much less threatening than I thought they would be.

I decided to restart a Faith heavy build (my last one was melee only).

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I decided to restart a Faith heavy build (my last one was melee only).

That's actually my favourite build. :D :D :D

Just go for 5 or a max of 6 ATT slots, and pump that FTH to 50. Become a sunbro, and stay a sunbro. NG+ go to shrine.

???

Become a god.

You could become a heal bot too, but 99% of the playerbase doesn't know how to react to that, and it's not really practical if you play solo.

Have fun. Much fun. Great wow. :)

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Become a sunbro

Being a Sunbro is the best part of that game. I rushed 30 Faith and helped people kill gargoyle to get that sweet lightning. Holy shit Faith is strong. My melee build had trouble with loads of enemies at first. Now I just go normally as a melee, and when something is complicated, I just spam Lightning and the threat goes away. It's just better than pure melee.

Four Kings and Gwyn felt much less threatening than I thought they would be.
Try this again in NG+

Yeah I guess in NG+ everything is more difficult. For now I'll put that character on hold and concentrate on my new one. Is there a lot of summon for bosses in NG+ ? I have a lot of fun helping people out.

Garbage

Learned
Being a Sunbro is the best part of that game. I rushed 30 Faith and helped people kill gargoyle to get that sweet lightning. Holy shit Faith is strong. My melee build had trouble with loads of enemies at first. Now I just go normally as a melee, and when something is complicated, I just spam Lightning and the threat goes away. It's just better than pure melee.
Magic can actually be pretty good, especially useful in PvP when lots of players (other than pretty experienced ones) don't really know how to deal with it. Tranquil Walk of Peace + Wrath of the Gods is an extremely cheap but effective means of dealing with a good chunk of the playerbase.
Alternatively if you're going down the sorcery route, trade Manus' soul to Snuggly and get Pursuers, another cheap spell that scares the hell out of most new/inexperienced players.

Yeah I guess in NG+ everything is more difficult. For now I'll put that character on hold and concentrate on my new one. Is there a lot of summon for bosses in NG+ ? I have a lot of fun helping people out.

The game is getting on a bit so you're not going to be swarming in requests depending on your level/gear.
Honestly though I always advise against helping people out in fights. The game is completely different (and honestly a little boring) if you have people help you in fights, the rush comes from banging your head against a wall of a boss you're struggling to beat for hours, only to finally break through with practice and patience and experience that pure joy when you see their health bar go down. When you have two or more players, because someone is always distracting the boss (or one of the bosses) it turns into nothing more than a tank and spank.

If you still want to play with others in NG+, your best bets are either going to be invasions/duels in the area after the Artorias fight. If you're desperate for cheap ways of farming souls, join the forestbros until you come across a group of people farming invaders then hide somewhere in the map (I like near the ladder leading to the hydra). In remastered on one of my playthroughs I would hide there for hours afk for shits and gigs.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
BKH is a great weapon but I've never ever run it. It's just too boring for anything but powah fantasy. I've never run other fan favourites like the Zwei or the Scythe either. I like weird fun shit like clubs, daggers or the trident.

Zweihander is must play ... at least once.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
BKH is a great weapon but I've never ever run it. It's just too boring for anything but powah fantasy. I've never run other fan favourites like the Zwei or the Scythe either. I like weird fun shit like clubs, daggers or the trident.

Zweihander is game journalist difficulty

Sure. Whatever u say.

sullynathan

Arcane
Four Kings is especially difficult in NG+. Summoning is still depended on level in the original Dark Souls so reaching a high enough level will put you out of range for most players to join in multiplayer, I believe the remastered version introduced password CO-OP so anyone can join you.

Black Angel

Arcane

Nathir

Liturgist

Zweihander is game journalist difficulty

Nobody cares about difficulty, Zweihander is just all around fun and badass.

Beggar

Cipher
Shit. Been playing this game since the release but only now I noticed that with every hit with the Butcher Knife you get some HP. Plus, you can get Butchers Knife +15 and the Ring of the Evil Eye before even starting your run (before the gorgoyles) for some interesting build :popamole:

Untitled4545.jpg

Untitled45459.jpg

Untitled47172.jpg

Doggies fell from the sky
rng.jpg

Staggers with two hits kills with the third
rng222.jpg

And now for some beautiful turnaround
rng3.jpg

Going up the ladder through the valley of drakes and darkroot garden
rng4.jpg

And in one motion we are the the open gates of Sens Fortress with no need of backtracking, without using a single bonfire and killing every possible enemy on the way. Yes, wormies at the beginning of Demon Ruins too

rng5.jpg

Time to go inside the painting
rng6.jpg

Don't remember the year last time I died in Anor Londo
rng9.jpg

And from here it will get tedious. So I might just better go and take a dump. That is how you don't even use your estus nor bonfire
rng99.jpg

Last edited:

yellowcake

Arcane
I got to Undead Parish and had to put the game on a backburner for a couple of weeks because matters, now I've been playing again for a few days, got to the depths and WTF is going on, apparently some fucker invades me. I thought nobody is playing this game anymore, only seen one summon sign in the undead church. Anyway, I managed to kill the poor schmuck, just how cool is that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom