Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Beggar

Cipher
Waiting for the DLC torrent. I have a campaign with one ritual left

Beggar

Cipher
Only an idiot can pay for the games, music or movies. Have no interest or drive to create something without getting money for it? Quit the idea, because it will be half assed shit

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Checkmate, Cadaiists. :smug:
6EaOJK9.png

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
The second game now also has empire faction. Markus Wulfhart colonial campaign to eradicate the lizards.

In general I feel that WH2 (especially when combined with WH1) is a tremendous game. I rarely find games that I enjoy anymore but this I can still sink 100s of hours into. This game is underrated on the codex imho.

The sheer variety of factions, the cool units with great animations and the roleplay potential make it a great game. The AI has also improved quite a bit since the beginning, though obviously it doesn’t come close to a human player.

It is great, without question. Shogun Total War was one of the first games I really got obsessed with, but I had almost given up on TW as a series considering the direction it has been headed. TW:WH has got me right back in, and in part it is due to the massive replay-ability, every faction and even LLs with different starting locations have such diversity in gameplay.

Danikas

Arcane
Fuck Ca and their laziness, they didnt even bother to record new lines for this dlc: War wagons have outriders voice lines and huntsmen think they are crossbowmen :hero:.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
WH2 is much better than WH1, I played the former first, and the improvements make the latter unplayable.

Absolutely buy WH2 instead of 1 if you're only buying one.

I had WH1 and then after Parabalus' advice, I bought WH2 and he's right - the QoL improvements make it worth it (probably not the full price) even if you play WH1 factions.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
When it comes to voices CA really did cut corners in TW so no surprise to hear it's the same in the latest dlcs.
Usually all races have generic lines and battlecries/screams shared across multiple unit types if not the whole roster, or outright silence at times.

Danikas

Arcane
When it comes to voices CA really did cut corners in TW so no surprise to hear it's the same in the latest dlcs.
Usually all races have generic lines and battlecries/screams shared across multiple unit types if not the whole roster, or outright silence at times.
And we should be ok with this? I refunded this dlc will only get it when it costs 2 euro.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
And we should be ok with this? I refunded this dlc will only get it when it costs 2 euro.

That's fair, vote with your wallet, I'm also waiting for a sale myself on this one (I got plenty of games to chew my way through and even in T:W there's still tons I ain't done so am not starved for new content).
I'm certainly not ok with the voicework as it's one of the biggest immersion breakers in my eyes but have accepted it as one of the many little things that annoy me about T:W.

Such a shame that voice mods for total warhammer ain't a thing, for whatever reason that is. How hard can it be for example, to gather some english blokes to spout some more lines for the empire? I'd do it for free so isn't even a question of Charlemagnes.

Last edited:
So it seems they've fucked up Nakai's campaign, but the empire side of things look really good according to steam reviews, reddit, and the total war forums.

It's the lizardmen's second DLC and they still get shit :negative:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's the lizardmen's second DLC and they still get shit

Beastmen and Chaos Warriors want a word with you... At least Lizzy's still have a proper campaign mode. But yea, horde gameplay has been pretty terrible since the first game. You can see CA are taking baby steps to improve it. Norsca and Vampirates were pretty decent. Chaos Daemons will clearly be horde style so assume all of this is testing to improve it. At this rate its hard to see if its gonna be dramatically better tho.

But I remain hopeful, I want the final combined trilogy to be the best game it can be as I have a feeling if CA ever revisit Warhammer it will probably be "Age of SHITmar"...

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Buddy of mine reported some army limitations like no more than two elite units etc. is it a new mechanic implemented only for dlc factions or for the base game as well? The latter would be incredible incline.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/development-update-blog-02/

WARHAMMER
Back when we first announced our Warhammer trilogy in early 2015, we explained that we wanted to interpret as much of the Warhammer Fantasy World as we’d be allowed to.

We had a little faith, but I don’t think any of us anticipated the response to the last year’s releases. Vampire pirates, prophets and warlocks, and now hunters and beasts; all have been some of our most successful DLC releases to date, and we can’t thank you enough for your support on this truly epic adventure.

We do want everyone to bear in mind that there’s a lot of content out there that is unofficial and fan-created. We’re working with Games Workshop to realise as much of the Warhammer Fantasy Battles world as we can, but of course there are limits to what is possible given the amount of content that has been officially created over the years. And this content is our source material for the game. The great news is that our collaboration together has already led to amazing things and, rest assured, there’s plenty more to come.

So we have more WH2 DLC on the way and, of course, the third part of our trilogy is deep into production with the largest of our TW project teams revved up.

We’re aiming for our next WH2 DLC and FLC to be out for Festag, and as mentioned in the recent patch notes, we’re planning a number of fixes and improvements rather than revisiting an Old World Race in conjunction with this one. We hope you’ll like what we have planned and not to worry, because yes, Greenskins will be getting updated next year.

Something we’re also experimenting with is talking about upcoming content more and giving you more of a sense of scale as to when you can expect updates. This is risky for us as we’ve seen what happens when people get upset over how long we’re taking, or when we need to move a date back because sometimes things take longer to make (or change) than we expect.

When we announced delays for THREE KINGDOMS, we heard loud and clear from all quarters of the community that you’d prefer to wait for something great out of the gates, rather than getting something sooner that wasn’t quite there and required further updates, and I hope you’ll agree that the result was one of our best-ever launches. So while we’ll always try to aim true with dates, choosing to move a date back is almost certainly going to happen again at some point, or we may decide to change the content we have planned.

This is very much the nature of creative game development and is driven by our desire to make great stuff and do what’s best for the game, and therefore players. We also know that clear communications on these things is what you’re after, so you’re not in the dark about future updates and when they’re coming. We’re going to be more transparent about our updates roadmap – and any potential delays to that roadmap – going forward.

And for what it’s worth, in case you were ever in doubt about how closely we heed player feedback, we’ve blown a stack of skill points on levelling up how your wants and needs translate to tangible in-game changes. We now have a Player Experience Manager on the team whose life’s work it is to scrutinise every channel out there which players use to express their feedback and desire for change. This gets compiled, weighted and prioritised, then goes directly to the designers who figure it into future updates. We hope you’ll already have a sense of how that effort has translated into fixes and content-changes in recent updates like Empire Undivided.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Your pc don't mean much, this was already mentioned multiple times. Ssd is a must for game starting and loading battles, but with turn times you're fucked anyways.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I’m finding dlcs like “x vs y” to be somewhat not worth playing. They add some new units, couple of lords with nothing really new in their skill tree, a new cringe mechanic, and that’s all. You’ve got the same technology tree, same buildings chain, same units overall. What is the point in even playing them over say the original faction?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I’m finding dlcs like “x vs y” to be somewhat not worth playing. They add some new units, couple of lords with nothing really new in their skill tree, a new cringe mechanic, and that’s all. You’ve got the same technology tree, same buildings chain, same units overall. What is the point in even playing them over say the original faction?

Because they start in completely different places for one? When was the last time you fought against Norsca as Lizardmen or against Lizardmen as Empire?

e: Regarding turn times in ME - I just now timed turn 1 as Karl Franz in my game. TWO MINUTES. It used to be slightly over one minute but that was before they introduced Vampire Coast factions if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

tabacila

Augur
Yeah, I'm trying an Empire campaign as well and it's abysmal.
Since they are going full tilt with adding new factions withe each update (paid or otherwise) I hope they actually have a plan to optimise this shit by WH3. Or they are projecting we'll all be using quantum computers by then...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom