Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 3

flyingjohn

Arcane
The crack thing is pure speculation without a source. People are running it offline without a problem.
As for the game hammering out cpu and gpu is a bug,since console gamer's are getting the same stutters and bad performance and there is no denuvo on consoles.

Swigen

Arbiter
Alright y’all, I think I’ve played it long enough to give y’all my final thoughts on the game.

This game? Lemme tell you about this gaem. This game is the same game as Borderlands 1 and 2 but with the Bully soundtrack. MASTAPEECE!

:4/5:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
- Never noticed any SJWism

They renamed midgets to tinks because they thought it would be offensive, and FL4K is referred to as they, even though as a robot he should really be preferred to as it if they are going the "proper" pronoun path.
How is that not SJW?

Yeah, the crap performance is from Denuvo constantly uploading information. That does give the CPU a bit extra work.
And of course, Gearbox's asskissers are completely fine with a bit of DRM that not only impacts their gameplay experience, but also leaks their private information and apparently affects your computer when you are outside of the game as well. Its basically spyware, and people are largely too complacent to complain.
"But muh piracy" is not a valid response, as NO company should be allowed to effectively spy on your computer.

PS4/Xbone hardware should be more than enough. But the game was released like yesterday so performance issues will probably be patched soon.

To be fair, in the last year or so of a console generation's life pretty much every game runs like shit.

Depends on how ambitious the game is. If they're trying to stuff things the hardware can't take anymore yes (Ps3 versions of Ps4 games for example), but by the end of the cycle devs are used enough to the hardware that they can make things that wouldn't seem possible at release.

Perkel

Arcane
Photorealistic textures, models and stylised models, cartoony textures are processed exactly the same, no reason for the game to perform neither better nor worse because of that alone with the same fidelity of rendering.
Stylised, cartoony visuals don't loose much of their appeal when you drop the settings like you did, so there is no point in complaining that the game has some future proof visual settings.

Sorry but this is wrong. Game doesn't use any material shaders and any advanced shaders and stuff. Game like Witcher 3 uses crapload of very detailed textures, is open world without any loadings, ton of material shaders, good lighting and it works on my rig about 80FPS and it weights 35GB

BL3 has none of that, world is instanced into small zones like BL2, doesn't use almost any shaders, geometry is most of the time very simple and even resolution of textures isn't anything great either.
Yet on medium it runs barely holding 60fps

My friend with whom i play had 2070 and he plays it at Ultra with 70is fps. Me on Ultra is 40ish fps.

BL2 which doesn't look that much worse runs on my rig around 200fps.

Does it have an offline mode where it doesn't constantly upload shit? Or is it an always online game? I played the first two singleplayer.

i tested it with switch off my network adapter and game acts normally. I also doesn't see any difference in fps or performance when game is connected to online. Game is just very laggy overall especially UI which barely works with mouse. You need to use WSAD and E to navigate and even then there is some lag. That lag is also present on consoles.

As for the game hammering out cpu and gpu is a bug,since console gamer's are getting the same stutters and bad performance and there is no denuvo on consoles.

yeah. People on XboxX and PS4Pro say that if you don't choose performance mode then game runs at 25FPS, i don't even know how people with base ps4s and xboxes run it... 15FPS ?

Gerrard

Arcane
Why are people surprised that Borderlands runs like shit? Even the first game ran like shit at the time (and it still does) because they crammed full dynamic shadows into with day/night cycle AND large maps, but UE3 at that point was never meant to do either of those things (it was still mostly closed maps and pre-baked static lightmaps with only dynamic shadows being for moving actors) and Gearbox was clearly incapable of adapting it.
The game STILL gets way less FPS on modern systems than you'd expect from a game that old, just look at all the complaints when the "remaster" was released.

flyingjohn

Arcane
BD3 is first fame of all games that showed me that i5-3570K and GTX980 is not enough lol
Or their Denuvo is acting and eating all resources. My cpu and gpu are at constant 100%.

- gunplay feeels much much better. because this time enemies are affected by bullets you spry on them. They stagger a lot get knocked back etc. Shotgun now has more in baggage than just short range bursts. It can knockback enemies even some badasses.
- gun design. IT is glorious. In first 10 hours i saw more weapon variety than in all BL2 and BL1 combined together.
- Most of guns now have secondary mode of fire which does bring huge changes. Like Vladov chaingun can have second chaingun so in first mode you conserve ammo and your are more accurate while in second you use two chainguns for lower accuracy. There is a weapon in style of CB2077 where you put tracer on someone and you can shoot around corners. So far this is the highlight of BL3 and those are just normal weapons not unique ones.

Overall it is pretty good game so far.

So they finally made the shooter part good in their looter shooter,i guess this is the ultimate borderlands game.
Oh,is there any bulshit such as slag from b2?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
This game has loot midgets just like the treasure goblins in Diablo 3!

There were loot midgets ever since Borderlands 1 Knoxx DLC.
Except that game actually called them midgets instead of tinks.

No way, ones that teleport and run around with sacks dropping shit when you shoot ‘em? I never noticed.

Oh right, those. Well, the ones in Borderlands 2 dropped stuff when you shot them, but they didn't teleport. They just murdered the hell out of you.
Not sure if Borderlands 3's way of doing is better or worse. On one hand, you aren't getting ganked by a midget hiding in a box. On the other hand, the game becomes a Benny Hill sketch. I would find out for myself, but that would involve using Epic. Or giving Gearbox money. Or using Denuvo.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
i tested it with switch off my network adapter and game acts normally. I also doesn't see any difference in fps or performance when game is connected to online. Game is just very laggy overall especially UI which barely works with mouse. You need to use WSAD and E to navigate and even then there is some lag. That lag is also present on consoles.
How long did you keep your network adapter switched off for?

Gerrard

Arcane
So Borderlands 3 has about as many improvements in 7 years since the previous game as Path of Exile has in one update 3 months after the previous one.
:thumbsup:

Swigen

Arbiter
Borderlands 3 is the first game I’ve bought on disc in a looooong time that actually has the game on the disc and doesn’t require a 30+ gig day one patch to play. :cool:

3ajtlg.jpg

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Depends on how ambitious the game is. If they're trying to stuff things the hardware can't take anymore yes (Ps3 versions of Ps4 games for example), but by the end of the cycle devs are used enough to the hardware that they can make things that wouldn't seem possible at release.

I don't really know because I'm not a console gamer, but I've seen a lot of articles/videos about very poorly performing games toward the end of a cycle. Control for example literally hits 10fps during combat on PS4, according to Digital Foundry. I think first-party stuff is often different though, like the new Gears of War. So yeah it depends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom