Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
The Republic of Hahd is my favourite piece of TES lore (be it official or not).
The word "official" is not in a Kirbridian Cultist's lexicon.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
AYE AYE ! Leaked feautures:

There will be DOG ARMOUR DLC:
gallery_343886_8334_22555.jpg

There will be BIG FONT :
I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

There will be working CRIME SYSTEM:
24bpvy9.jpg

There will be NEW CLASSES:
hA836C673

There will be integration with FALLOUT lore:
bd03d72179b4a42571bec405b74892f6.jpg

There will be reliable healing system:
funny-quotes-skyrim-funny-quotes-the-elder-scrolls-v-funny-quotes-funny-cicero-quotes-skyrim.jpg

You will be able to fast travel with enemies nearby:
bd07b0dec8f4b1b206b8d7dc53ae1681.gif

I for one am glad they're using the same tired engine. They've got to be close to learning how to use it.
Anyone competent would have figured that in the 20 years they've had. I am leaning towards, no, they've not learnt shit - other than how to make a shallow hole even more shallow, so they'll just cut out depth. Skyrim had barely any depth, but that's the only thing they've mastered by now. Digging the most shallow ditches in terms of gameplay.

deuxhero

Arcane
Just found out the bonus pet for those who watched the TESO Elsweyr announcement stream has an interesting description of Esroniet.

The Hot Pepper Bantam Guar Breed is native to the "spice island" of Esroniet, the source of much of Tamriel's nutmeg, cloves, mace, and hot peppers.

The plants grown (Nutmeg/Mace and Cloves are both native to there, hot peppers were grown there by colonial powers) and use of "spice island" establishes it as Indonesian flavored, which matches "Bashomon" being the sole known native name. Interesting they give the island one third of its known lore to something only a very small portion of players will get. I suggested Black Harbor as a left field idea last year. I actually kinda like the idea.

Delterius

Arcane
I for one am glad they're using the same tired engine. They've got to be close to learning how to use it.
I for one hope that TES VI has all the failings of Skyrim but perfect portability for all the best mods, like SkyUI and the Actually Fun Content mod. That way the hard work of Bethesda's implicit interns doesn't go to waste.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I hope it is just like Skyrim again but with some more dumbing down as usual, and people get hit with the fact that it is not a fun new experience, just the same thing they already played, but also buggy and shitty and dumb. And the public in a rare moment of clarity, finally accept how garbage it is, then all bandwagon together in outrage, like the sheep that they are, with more hate than Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, and Bethesda go out of business. Then I can think about it in bed and sleep soundly and touch myself.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It won't be like Skyrim..... it will be 10 years after Skyrim, the kids that played skyrim will be in their 20's now, we will be old and Todd will be old..... TES VI will be different from all TESes we played that's for sure.

Euronymous

Augur
It won't be like Skyrim..... it will be 10 years after Skyrim, the kids that played skyrim will be in their 20's now, we will be old and Todd will be old..... TES VI will be different from all TESes we played that's for sure.
It will be like Fallout 76 minus the multiplayer component.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What i expect?

• Completely attribute removal, they removed all "special" attributes from previous games. The next step is to make everyone have the same magick, same stamina, same health by default and having his attributes determined by their boots that they are wearing, just like an mmo.
  • Cooldowns, BUGthesda already added CDs on few Vampire Lord abilities and shouts. The next step is to force the player into an rotation
  • Dialogue wheel
  • Lootbox of course, and since your gloves determines your character's stamina, you need to gamble to MAYBE get the item that you wanna.
  • Lootbox will be programed to be bias against the player playstyle. Eg, if you use a lot of frost spells, the lootbox will have an increased chance of giving items that are worthless to your playstyle.
  • Like D3, more big and heavy your axe is, hotter the fireball, you can produce.
  • And over 99% of lootbox content will be sprays and emojis.
  • Payed mods and skin only mods because if people can mod weapons/spells into the game, nobody will pay for the lootboxes.
  • Always online DRM that consumes 99% of your CPU and pirate versions of the game will run better
  • Bugs and a lot of bugs.
  • Less spell effects than even skyrim.
  • Vampires will get increased regen health on sun instead of taking damage as on previous games.
  • Vampire lord and werewolf form will be an temporary on cooldown ability(an cash item will allow you to take out the CD for a day)
  • The game will have an worse scaling than oblivion
  • Kinetic dancing mode
  • Battle Royal mode.
If you are expecting at worst horse armor DLC level of BS, you din't saw how things declined...

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected

If "Hammerfell" is correct for the next setting... will "High Rock" ever get its own Elder Scrolls part?

Probably not. Not that the landmass is too small, but still kinda small and cut-off. And since they upgraded their engine (in F76) to allow for bigger worlds (and probably invested more into procedural quests), they probably want to go bigger as well. Therefore it just doesn't seem likely.

So maybe they'll give us both Hammerfell AND High Rock? Well, maybe. They'll certainly not give us both at once. However what seems likely is, that High Rock will later be added as a DLC to Hammerfell. A huge DLC. One that will probably lure any Hammerfell owner to buy it as well.

What do you think?

passerby

Arcane
After Blood and Wine they'll need a substantial DLC with new landmass to avoid unfavorable comparisons to CDPR, so it's very likely.

But what about E3 teaser, it definitely looked like High Rock, not Hammerfell, is it old news ?

Last edited:
I honestly don't expect them to change the system they have used from Oblivion and Skyrim - you do something - you get better at it, it's the most common sense levelling mechanic ever made that even a child can grasp, but of course it doesn't always work in practice, especially combined with scaled enemies. I do expect them to introduce that bullshit perk system from Fallout 4 though.

I could see them moving to a perks system like Freedom Force and NEO Scavenger have, and then taking that leveling system they have where you get better by just doing stuff and having that be the only leveling system...like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. If they want to keep it simple like they seemingly did when doing Skyrim, they may as well just go with that system and have you just train under characters in the world to learn spells or whatever.

I can see their combat system changing too.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
OMG, Who the fuck cares?!!

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
OMG, Who the fuck cares?!!

You? It's okay, they can't hurt you.

My personal wishes are:

- less story (because Bethesda is not good at that. Not good at all).
- more interaction with the world (because that's actually quite fun in a broken way).

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Why care when Todd doesn't care?

There are and will be much better Elder Scrolls then Elder Scrolls VI. Maybe this Daggerfall II in making by Julianos, Sheogorath and Indigo Gaming will be our Elder Scrolls VI (check its thread here at Codex). Fuck Todd's ES VI, man. Fuck that Wood Elf high on charisma potions

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom