Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I found a post from like 2006 on Wowhead describing that fishing method and I feel like we're geniuses unearthing ancient lore. Still, would recommend not pointing it out to everyone or we're gonna tank the price of Runecloth temporarily.
Then again, not everyone can be bothered to fish.

Edit: and today, the freaking coast I had 100% ownership of is filled with fisherman. Damn you, snitches.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
I doubt the stonescale eel market will ever be crowded. Fishing is kind of bsb compared to grinding for most, I suspect.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, it's still great gold, this fishing. A little dull but that's what podcasts and videos are for.

Syl

Cipher
True it was on a 10 year old private server, but fishing yielded me 100g per hour. The only other equivalent grind I found was Felcloth. Difference is that fishing can be done at level 20, not 60 :).

I guess on a new server, the rate is lower but still the best way to make gold.

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
My first death while fishing. Of all the fucking things to die to :lol:

4ce40e4580690312c48dfd465d2e1c23.png

Hobo Elf

Arcane
4kzhbGK.png

Ez, altho I delayed the mount by a few levels since I prioritized my class skills and then decided to get a full set of runecloth bags while I'm at it. Didn't feel like the mount was as important as those things.

mindfields

Learned
Just took my character to Western Plaguelands for the harvest festival quest (at Uther's Tomb), still such a creepy place, love it.

Syl

Cipher
994aac63188b35c093a3f8d3d8f227c0.png

In a mature economy (after a year maybe?), all this is worth approx. 500g (mainly from the eels).
From now on I'm going to send all my eels to an alt for safekeeping until the price goes up.
I used to keep almost everything.
Cloth and leather for 14 slot bags (never had enough with 8 bank alts).
Eels (need 30 for 1 flask).
Black fish and herb for Free Action Potion (can be crafted with a level 10 alchemist alt).
Mightfish for +10 Stamina (less than others +12 but instant bonus).

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I used to keep almost everything.
Cloth and leather for 14 slot bags (never had enough with 8 bank alts).
Eels (need 30 for 1 flask).
Black fish and herb for Free Action Potion (can be crafted with a level 10 alchemist alt).
Mightfish for +10 Stamina (less than others +12 but instant bonus).
I'm going to keep more and more stuff now that I'm nearing 100g.
I've been leveling alchemy on my lvl 12 priest who doubles as my bank alt. I made a bunch of money on Elixirs of Waterbreathing simply because there's no competition.

5b695a164140a6d35b6d5f7c4a4ab076.png
61c2cf850495a102d77a192b4fe4b36a.png

I spent around 15g on training, from 60g to 45g. It really does get expensive. But now I'm back on top again.
It's more fun fishing Iron Bound Trunks because there's more variation in the loot. Enchanting formulas and other such useful things.

Last edited:

Syl

Cipher
I'm going to keep more and more stuff now that I'm nearing 100g.
I've been leveling alchemy on my lvl 12 priest who doubles as my bank alt. I made a bunch of money on Elixirs of Waterbreathing simply because there's no competition.

I spent around 15g on training, from 60g to 45g. It really does get expensive. But now I'm back on top again.
It's more fun fishing Iron Bound Trunks because there's more variation in the loot. Enchanting formulas and other such useful stuff.
With 86g, you're nearly there, mount is "only" 90g (with the Honored discount). :)

Cromwell

Arcane
what are the prices for stonescale eel on your servers? Just asking to know what to expect and when to hold back in selling

Cromwell

Arcane
thanks. Also another thing because I catnt find anything about it. Theres now this stupid unfoldable frame left on the screen when in parties with all the sy<mbols and ready check and so on. How do I disable that, it annoys me greatly and I cant find any option to kill it.

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
what are the prices for stonescale eel on your servers? Just asking to know what to expect and when to hold back in selling
On Skullflame it is only around 10s because of the incessant undercutting. But now there's hardly any eels left on AH so I expect the price to increase.

Cromwell

Arcane
On Skullflame it is only around 10s because of the incessant undercutting. But now there's hardly any eels left on AH so I expect the price to increase.

same here I should invest. Sadly I dont have money enough to buy all the eels from the stupid mongoloids but I invested in some small stack. eels go for 8 silver here. Probably because these worthless subhumans follow the "it cost us nothing to farm so everything is fine. undercut undercut undercut" line of thinking that will eventually lead to some goldbuyer / chinese superfarmer to buy all their underpriced stock and adjust the AH.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom