Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The game was definitely made to be played as a woman, especially since the voice action is far superior. Things like your relationship with your cousin and Kurt also feel much more natural.

SteelAttack

Novice
Playing as a woman here and yes, dialogue and VA just feel right. On the other hand, my character is black and the natives keep telling me I look so much like them. :hmmm:

frajaq

Erudite
Playing as a woman here and yes, dialogue and VA just feel right. On the other hand, my character is black and the natives keep telling me I look so much like them. :hmmm:

To be fair you'll meet a few black-ish natives here and there but yeah for the most part they're whitey

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

To be fair you'll meet a few black-ish natives here and there but yeah for the most part they're whitey
The game does feel very progressive on first look,then you notice that a lot of the scum is either nigger or arab. I laughed my ass off when i noticed that half of the arab country have german names like Fritz or Frank. Maybe i am broken,but it does feel like a 4chan troll had a hand in it.

Martyr

Arcane
The game was definitely made to be played as a woman
every game in which you've got your character's ass in your face all the time, was meant to be played as a female.
clear.png
:bounce:

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
The game was definitely made to be played as a woman, especially since the voice action is far superior. Things like your relationship with your cousin and Kurt also feel much more natural.

I dunno. Im playing a female and so far I've came across about a dozen mistakes in the VO and subtitles, declaring the character as a 'him'.

Codex Year of the Donut

I dunno. Im playing a female and so far I've came across about a dozen mistakes in the VO and subtitles, declaring the character as a 'him'.
Subtitles have quite a few misspellings, overlooked it because they're French.
My favorite so far was 'renigging'.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Looks like a reskin of the Technomancer mechanics. Not that that's a bad thing.

Now to see if it crashes every 30 min like Technomancer did.

It doesn't, and I haven't had any crash so far

Crashing every 20-30 min for me, just like Technomancer. I'll see if limiting the framerate helps like it did with that game. I think a need a new videocard.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Crashing every 20-30 min for me, just like Technomancer. I'll see if limiting the framerate helps like it did with that game. I think a need a new videocard.
Not necessarily, it might be a problem with your PSU or some other component.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Not necessarily, it might be a problem with your PSU or some other component.

Most games run fine though. It's an old 770 GTX at this point.

SteelAttack

Novice
Couple annoying things I have found so far.

I was doing Vasco's sidequest, everything went fine yet Vasco scolded me because I had killed nauts. Couple hours before that, (even before the vasco questline popped up) I was exploring on my own and trespassed that place, a fight ensued and that was that. Or so I thought. Nigga, are you going to blame for nauts dying of typhus a year ago as well?

And my character went along like IM SORRY VASCO I HAD NO OTHER CHOICEanyway here's your papers, we cool, right? Vasco: Yeah sure.

I also dislike profoundly that sometimes fights reset (and enemies get back their HP) if you cross some arbitrary line while fighting. Bonus shitpoints if the fight is against those retarded rolling dogs.

Durian Eater

Learned
After about 10 hours, not seeing the appeal. Shallow combat with repetitive enemies, very little C&C, sloppy script, thoroughly pozzed worldview that's particularly annoying in a pseudohistorical setting - reminds me very much of Vampyr, where your character invariably responds to situations like a milquetoast 21st century liberal, and there's nothing you can do to change that. Two of the aspects of eurojank I've always appreciated - a willingness to embrace pulpy adventure and an avoidance of misplaced Anglo-American identity politics - are both absent here. In the grand eurojank tradition, game cops from a number of AAA sources, but the biggest influence seems to be Dragon Age: Inquisition. And I don't mean that as a compliment.

Kudos to Spiders for mostly overcoming the jank. But it's a shame they decided to trade flawed-but-fun for competent-but-boring.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
is it viable to play with both bombs&pistol AND rapiers? Im not sure if I can keep up with precision and AGI requirements so want to ask early
I use bombs and guns, works fine. You'd likely have enough points to use rapiers too though. Only used my rapier for its special attack until I got access to the bomb special attack.

Quillon

Arcane
WHAT THE FUCK

I progressed in the MQ/spoke to Constantine, learned that he has the malichor and told him MCs origin then Kurt showed up to attack WTF!? What's happening ffs

Quillon

Arcane
I reloaded and doing Kurt's quest in the "secret" camp now that I've had just accepted but went to talk to Constantine cos he was closer...but why did he attack?

Codex Year of the Donut
I reloaded and doing Kurt's quest in the "secret" camp now that I've had just accepted but went to talk to Constantine cos he was closer...but why did he attack?
There's still more of Kurt's quests to do. Way more.
Coinguard is training assassins and embedding them in the local governments to perform a coup d'etat

Cool to know he goes along with it if you don't help him.

jf8350143

Liturgist
There's still more of Kurt's quests to do. Way more.
Coinguard is training assassins and embedding them in the local governments to perform a coup d'etat

Cool to know he goes along with it if you don't help him.
If you didn't do the quest,he
will show up with bunch of soldiers, but since he likes you and your cousin(but not enough to disobey the order), he won't let the soldiers just shoot your ass, instead have a one on one duel with you and get killed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom