Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
This game isn't Martian Dreams.

Terenty

Liturgist
Every bit of dialogue i've seen is always some kind of exposition dump, either someone tells you about someone else or some place in the game. I haven't seen one interesting npc yet. Their faces and voice acting dont help either

Egosphere

Arcane
Every bit of dialogue i've seen is always some kind of exposition dump, either someone tells you about someone else or some place in the game. I haven't seen one interesting npc yet. Their faces and voice acting dont help either
Their faces all look the same. It's like the whole lot is just one extended family.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The combat in the TGS vids looks improved. Enemy AI, animation and overall game responsiveness and smoothness are seemingly better than at E3.
Still not sure about the RPG part, writing is mediocre at times and characters same-y and boring.
But I guess nowadays this is the best we can get in an 'AA RPG' from woketown.

Max Edge

We couldn't see the summary (stats) and the perks. We only saw the skills in detail. Every single increase in skills has been like skyrim. (novice-master - 1/5 - LVL 50 before and after development status is different.) It's nice to have different effects. Clean, simple and convenient. "Quests" and "Companions" in the game menu have been removed. (These were in the previous version) It's not clear where he's gonna be right now. The effect of visual improvement is noticeable. They have dialogue systems. Under normal circumstances, this game should not be bad. (At least with these mechanics) The game appeals to mainstream. If the game is full (quests, live life..etc.), it may even be the game of the year.

XPKKviX.jpg

Two years ago I could agree. But now I'm not sure. Playerbase and jurnobase are divided, nothing is clear now. Everything is possible.

Personally, with this marketing and this level complexity (I'm not joking there) I bet on...drown. Jurno doesn't care without paid up reviews, for normies it's just too complex and not marketing-pumped, and for Codexer it's too SJW.

But it could get own cult following.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
We couldn't see the summary (stats) and the perks. We only saw the skills in detail. Every single increase in skills has been like skyrim. (novice-master - 1/5 - LVL 50 before and after development status is different.) It's nice to have different effects. Clean, simple and convenient. "Quests" and "Companions" in the game menu have been removed. (These were in the previous version) It's not clear where he's gonna be right now. The effect of visual improvement is noticeable. They have dialogue systems. Under normal circumstances, this game should not be bad. (At least with these mechanics) The game appeals to mainstream. If the game is full (quests, live life..etc.), it may even be the game of the year.

XPKKviX.jpg

Two years ago I could agree. But now I'm not sure. Playerbase and jurnobase are divided, nothing is clear now. Everything is possible.

Personally, with this marketing and this level complexity (I'm not joking there) I bet on...drown. Jurno doesn't care without paid up reviews, for normies it's just too complex and not marketing-pumped, and for Codexer it's too SJW.

I think it gonna sell fine because, im betting , everyone that make Fallout related content gonna at least give a try for The Outer Worlds and if the game is at least better than Fallout 4 and 3 , not a high bar , the Fallout community fags ( especially the New vegas fags ) will give a try. The game feels exctally what people ( fFallout fans ) want and there's huge lacking of game like FNV.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

I think the humor is going to lift the dialogue level, especially with the Dumb responses. It should be a fun game full of personality and charm.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Uhhhh, just watch a Chinese media's game play video, the guy skips every single dialogue. At least they has the decency to not talk through it.

Why on earth would those people who has no interest in RPG games get to play the games before hand is beyond me.

Quillon

Arcane
I watched a bit, I think it might actually just be his way of playing games as a journalist. He's going slow and looking at everything.
Cultural differences, maybe?

Watch it more; it seems he doesn't know the concept of elevators or being out of ammo and worse: the time he spent trying to follow the compass in that botanical labs or whatever :P

Tho I'm impressed that he expertly avoided combat between edgewater and botanical garden :D

Last edited:

Max Edge

I think it gonna sell fine because, im betting , everyone that make Fallout related content gonna at least give a try for The Outer Worlds and if the game is at least better than Fallout 4 and 3 , not a high bar , the Fallout community fags ( especially the New vegas fags ) will give a try. The game feels exctally what people ( fFallout fans ) want and there's huge lacking of game like FNV.

They count on FNV nostalgia, but whole Fallout brand was damaged during 76. On the other hand, they are people who still enjoy 76 (mostly because unique combination of marketing, brand and personal retardation). I think even if sales start OK, it'll got hurt because of technical issues.

Also, it looks boring.

Duraframe300

Arcane

XPKKviX.jpg

I’m usually very sensitive when it comes to SJW (see my rants on Horizon Zero Dawn), but honestly I haven’t seen anything SJW/forced so far apart from haircuts.

And haircuts I can live with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom