Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Neerasrc

Learned
I have bad feelings about this, it's risky to say but Greedfall can outmatch this game.

I laughed a lot in this comment. :) Anyways,

The bad thing about this game is that there are still gaps in the mini-games. An event like Lockpicking 4/5 is the best example of this. Even if the door was locked, we should have had a chance to try. They're still not mechanically bethesda. FNW still has better mechanics. Unreal engine unfortunately not enough. (At least for now) However, they will be the best ARPG ever. Games like Cyberpunk 2077,Witcher or greedfall have a linear structure. They only guide you unless you have mechanically dialog systems. So you can't be free. Let's see how free we will be in this game. (half open world) What about insect level? Hopefully less -)

We couldn't see the summary (stats) and the perks. We only saw the skills in detail. Every single increase in skills has been like skyrim. (novice-master - 1/5 - LVL 50 before and after development status is different.) It's nice to have different effects. Clean, simple and convenient. "Quests" and "Companions" in the game menu have been removed. (These were in the previous version) It's not clear where he's gonna be right now. The effect of visual improvement is noticeable. They have dialogue systems. Under normal circumstances, this game should not be bad. (At least with these mechanics) The game appeals to mainstream. If the game is full (quests, live life..etc.), it may even be the game of the year.

I dont think the companion screen was removed, its only appers when you have a companion and this was before you get Parvati.

I told you it was removed from the menu. Not from the game. There's an input key for sure. -)
All companion;

B7quZiZ.jpg

Quillon

Arcane
That last dude looks like the second dude(felix), android?

5th dude's the one "who is not right in the head" maybe...

Hmn, was expecting something wacky/dog/robot for at least a companion... :/

Where is that screenshot from?

Neerasrc

Learned
That last dude looks like the second dude(felix), android?

5th dude's the one "who is not right in the head" maybe...

Hmn, was expecting something wacky/dog/robot for at least a companion... :/

This picture is from 2 months ago. Maybe he's changed. We'll see when the game comes out.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Wesp5

Arcane
An event like Lockpicking 4/5 is the best example of this. Even if the door was locked, we should have had a chance to try.

Bloodlines did it the same and nobody ever complained! In fact it's more RPG that you can't bypass your stats just because you are good at mini-games...

Codex Year of the Donut
I have bad feelings about this, it's risky to say but Greedfall can outmatch this game.

The bad thing about this game is that there are still gaps in the mini-games. An event like Lockpicking 4/5 is the best example of this. Even if the door was locked, we should have had a chance to try. They're still not mechanically bethesda. FNW still has better mechanics. Unreal engine unfortunately not enough. (At least for now) However, they will be the best ARPG ever. Games like Cyberpunk 2077,Witcher or greedfall have a linear structure. They only guide you unless you have mechanically dialog systems. So you can't be free. Let's see how free we will be in this game. (half open world) What about insect level? Hopefully less -)

We couldn't see the summary (stats) and the perks. We only saw the skills in detail. Every single increase in skills has been like skyrim. (novice-master - 1/5 - LVL 50 before and after development status is different.) It's nice to have different effects. Clean, simple and convenient. "Quests" and "Companions" in the game menu have been removed. (These were in the previous version) It's not clear where he's gonna be right now. The effect of visual improvement is noticeable. They have dialogue systems. Under normal circumstances, this game should not be bad. (At least with these mechanics) The game appeals to mainstream. If the game is full (quests, live life..etc.), it may even be the game of the year.

I dont think the companion screen was removed, its only appers when you have a companion and this was before you get Parvati.

I told you it was removed from the menu. Not from the game. There's an input key for sure. -)
All companion;

B7quZiZ.jpg
image.png

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

All companion;

B7quZiZ.jpg
image.png

So our companions are Elie, Felix , Nyoka , Parvati , Probably the pro corporation companion and Felix's Evil twin Eflix.

Neerasrc

Learned
An event like Lockpicking 4/5 is the best example of this. Even if the door was locked, we should have had a chance to try.

Bloodlines did it the same and nobody ever complained! In fact it's more RPG that you can't bypass your stats just because you are good at mini-games...

People are waiting for the game of bethesda. These shortcomings will be felt.. Bribing the NPC ... etc. (Mini game)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I was right, two guys for gender parity, and one obviously pro-corporation for faction parity. :cool:

Max Edge

I’m usually very sensitive when it comes to SJW (see my rants on Horizon Zero Dawn), but honestly I haven’t seen anything SJW/forced so far apart from haircuts.

And haircuts I can live with.

Their games, beginning from PE, are lore-balanced (heh). Perfect balance between races, nations, roles, cultures and sexes (in Tyranny every tent had male and female guard). Everything is overbalanced mix without own identity. For example, Great Kingdom of Rauatai description from Wiki:

The nation is ruled by a ranga nui from the royal city of Tâkowa. The famously cooperative and open nation started shifting towards isolationism and traditionalism in recent years. Supported by the ranga nui's son, the traditionalists coalesced into a movement called the Pahari, promoting a fundamentalist interpretation of the Tanvii ora Toha, the sacred text of the aumaua, coupled with a form of aumanuan exceptionalism. Advocating a ban on foreign presence, they are slowly gaining momentum in Rauatai society.

And what this society looks like?

Though folk, dwarves, and orlans can be found in Rauatai, most are merchants or remnants of the old kingdoms Rauatai conquered when they seized power centuries ago. Legends say that the Rauataians came to their lands from the Deadfire Archipelago in the wake of a terrible cataclysm, but the details of that event have been lost to time and the imagination of storytellers.

Every land in this game looks like that.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Sounds like garden-variety fantasy world-building, you have to be pretty autistic to read something specifically political out of that

Max Edge

Sounds like garden-variety fantasy world-building, you have to be pretty autistic to read something specifically political out of that

SJW is more like state of mind than consent ideology. It's pretty obvious. And, you know, autists have problem with seeing some obvious things...

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

SJW is more like state of mind than consent ideology. It's pretty obvious. And, you know, autists have problem with seeing some obvious things...

They have a problem with seeing social interactions, but they do see patterns in other things, when there are none, so you fit right in

Max Edge

They have a problem with seeing social interactions, but they do see patterns in other things, when there are none, so you fit right in

Ok, so let's call this symmetrism as "bad artistic choice", because any believable world is absolutely balanced (for example, normally authors don't care about this same number of males and females, they let that to narration needs).

Do this change of names allow you to see obvious?

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i really like greedfall, and it wont even be close.

Tow will probably much superior in RPG ness alone
Ahh,we will see when it comes out. Tho i do have the feels that greedfall will be the better game,even if i want to play good outerworlds.

Chill out mate,we all know that the game will have sjw garbage in it. Every fucking game this days have some.

Tigranes

Arcane
It's funny how in POE2, the natives are kind of fucked whether they embrace the influx of foreign culture or pursue isolationism. There's no stupid "oh obviously one of those is 100% right".

So when it is clear that the natives' old caste-like system is doomed no matter what because of the Rauatai, Principii etc. influence... is that a CONSPIRACY MESSAGE about how multikulturalism is good? Or is it actually the other way round and it's a COLONIALIST CONSPIRACY about how the settlers are superior to the natives? It's neither, because it's a realistic quandary modeled after history. It also makes for a better video game (except POE2 then had to fuck around with GODS GODS GODS).

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
I’m usually very sensitive when it comes to SJW (see my rants on Horizon Zero Dawn), but honestly I haven’t seen anything SJW/forced so far apart from haircuts.

And haircuts I can live with.

Their games, beginning from PE, are lore-balanced (heh). Perfect balance between races, nations, roles, cultures and sexes (in Tyranny every tent had male and female guard). Everything is overbalanced mix without own identity. For example, Great Kingdom of Rauatai description from Wiki:

The nation is ruled by a ranga nui from the royal city of Tâkowa. The famously cooperative and open nation started shifting towards isolationism and traditionalism in recent years. Supported by the ranga nui's son, the traditionalists coalesced into a movement called the Pahari, promoting a fundamentalist interpretation of the Tanvii ora Toha, the sacred text of the aumaua, coupled with a form of aumanuan exceptionalism. Advocating a ban on foreign presence, they are slowly gaining momentum in Rauatai society.

And what this society looks like?

Though folk, dwarves, and orlans can be found in Rauatai, most are merchants or remnants of the old kingdoms Rauatai conquered when they seized power centuries ago. Legends say that the Rauataians came to their lands from the Deadfire Archipelago in the wake of a terrible cataclysm, but the details of that event have been lost to time and the imagination of storytellers.

Every land in this game looks like that.

People said it before me, but if you have to go that far to draw conclusions its meaningless. Its stupid, but still not something to get upset over and faaaaaar from the worst this industry has to offer.

When I'm talking SJW'sms I'm talking stupid political shit directly forced down our throats. For example when a NPC makes a random SJW comment that doesn't fit at all, or a quest whose whole point is propaganding ideology rather than something that fits into the game or when an opinion gets forced upon you rather than giving you a choice or...…….

Basically just bullshit which you know was obviously just made for the sole reason to be *progressive* rather than something that fits the game its placed in. POE2 had a bit of that, but honestly haven't seen anything like it in Outer Worlds footage so far. I credit Boyarsky on that.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Every game begun from the assumption of historical materialism is going to look like angsty, flaky dogshit after a little scrutiny. Get over it, I say.

Codex Year of the Donut
It's funny how in POE2, the natives are kind of fucked whether they embrace the influx of foreign culture or pursue isolationism. There's no stupid "oh obviously one of those is 100% right".

So when it is clear that the natives' old caste-like system is doomed no matter what because of the Rauatai, Principii etc. influence... is that a CONSPIRACY MESSAGE about how multikulturalism is good? Or is it actually the other way round and it's a COLONIALIST CONSPIRACY about how the settlers are superior to the natives? It's neither, because it's a realistic quandary modeled after history. It also makes for a better video game (except POE2 then had to fuck around with GODS GODS GODS).
How is it a realistic quandary modeled after history?
Do you live in America? Natives don't exist outside of their government-mandated zoos reservations. Your average North American ""native american"" is Elizabeth Warren. For all intents and purposes, they have been completely wiped out — if they were an animal species they'd be categorized as extinct in the wild.
If history tells us anything, it's that the native population will be FUCKED. Your children's children — if they're part of the ~1% that makes it — will be living in a zoo. Scorch the land, salt the earth.

Prime Junta

news flash you kwa retard

deadfire is not modeled on murica

maori and polynesians are still around and not in reservations

Codex Year of the Donut
news flash you kwa retard

deadfire is not modeled on murica

maori and polynesians are still around and not in reservations
Yeah, just 70% of Maori were killed off, lost nearly all their land, and became a tiny minority. All in the span of ~60 years. Maori were referred to as the "the great survival story of modern times" — that was a best case scenario for natives that happened to luck out and get colonized far later than other civilizations.
Things turned out so swell for them. At least they're not on reservations!

Ninjerk

Arcane
I would have to dig through my old things from... 17 years ago or so, but I visited a place that might as well have been a Maori reservation when I went to NZ. The cook was an artist with half his teeth missing. Might as well have been a reservation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom