Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 3

Perkel

Arcane
247k concurrent players would make it the #5 biggest singleplayer launch in PC history.

*on Steam

Normies dont give a flying fuck about internet controversy and drama
Of course its going to sell well...

Try most of gamers not just normies.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Isn't it in this game that there's a asexual non-binary robot - which is fine but the devs lost their shit over people not acknowledging its asexuality or some shit ?

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Isn't it in this game that there's a asexual robot - which is fine but the devs lost their shit over people not acknowledging its asexuality or some shit ?

Yes and no.
Yes, there's a robot and the devs got really butthurt that people kept calling it a he because it had a male voice, even going so far as to ban people for not referring to it as "they", even though if one were to play the proper pronoun game it should really be referred to as an "it".
No, its not asexual, because its a robot. Asexual robot is a redundancy in most cases.

Perkel

Arcane
Isn't it in this game that there's a asexual non-binary robot - which is fine but the devs lost their shit over people not acknowledging its asexuality or some shit ?

Yes but weirdly in game no one adresses anyone by pronouns because how thing was written. Basically every dialog needs to assume that player need to be all 4 characters so no quest or sidequest character at all uses any pronouns which was the same for pre-sequel in BL2 and BL1 character classes didn't even talk at all.

Garbage

Learned
Borderlands 3 is just a bunch of poop jokes and rick and morty references

6iTMe1b.png

Gerrard

Arcane
Considering that Randy hasn't gloated about the game selling X million copies in 24 hours it's pretty safe to assume it didn't.

Jezal_k23

Fortnite has insanely massive player numbers, and as a consequence, Epic Store customers. People who said this wasn't gonna sell were in denial.

cw8

Cipher
Pretty hard to believe anything coming out of Randy's mouth. Not buying on Epic, dislike it. Will probably get on Steam once it's out but it depends on the game's state by then. Not that I'm a diehard fan of Steam, I don't actually like Steam in the past. If it ever comes out DRM-free or on GOG, I'll definitely buy it there but I have better chances of actually seeing pigs fly.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
You guys seems to be forgetting three things.

A. Randy Pitchford is a compulsive liar and will say anything to avoid not getting owned.
B. Roughly 250K concurrent players (based on BL2's peak player numbers) is still less players than something like MH World on Steam launch which is embarrassing considering it being a Jap IP.
C. Not giving concrete sales numbers if he's that "proud" of it selling as well as it supposedly has is also suspicious.

Also wait for the long term. I remember Epic dick waving around that Exodus sold "2.5x" more than LL pre-orders did on Steam which was not only vague as fuck as well as not considering how much bigger PC Gaming on Steam has gotten since 2013 but then surprise surprise, two future THQ Nordic Annual Report actively went out of its way to ignore specifying EGS numbers along with mentioning that PC sales initially did well at the start of the year (meaning Steam pre-orders and not EGS sales most likely).

Add in the poor quality of what looks like a fairly rushed PC port along with the fact that the deal is only for 6 months than the usual 12 that almost all other EGS exclusives have and I'm really fucking doubtful to believe one guy saying it's doing well (especially when it's Randy's word).

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The exact sales numbers hardly matter. What matters is whether or not Gearbox will have the cash to make a BL4. I sincerely hope they don't.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
The exact sales numbers hardly matter. What matters is whether or not Gearbox will have the cash to make a BL4. I sincerely hope they don't.
Well to answer that question ahead of time: it will though I can only assume it'll mostly come from console sales as they have not been dealing with the Steam/Epic shitstorm (along with more console only players in general not caring about most PR disasters/questionable developers and publishers).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom