Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
Right now any news about pathologic can cause despair unless it's "pathologic 2 solds like hotcakes after mandalore video, studio is saved", "ice pick lodge received a huge donation from elon musk" or something like that.

After the Mandalore video the average price on key resellers jumped from €10 to €25 in less than a day.

FIN. Ye this is a game ok

Saving characters definitely impacts the ending, just not in the same way as the original. I think I like the remake's approach much more.

37 hours (I replayed a couple of days and quite a few smaller sections). Got the diurnal ending. Everyone from the list except for the Mother-Superior survived (I figure that's appropriate since the Kin is more or less doomed now.) Lara, Griff, and Rubin survive also and you get a pretty great scene where you reunite with them at one of those stairways to nowhere. Who died...Andrei Stamakhin, Georgiy Kain, the Saburovs, Fat Vlad, Anna Angel, Aspity. Its kind of beautiful in a way - the old and stagnant went away and now the next generation is able to rebuild the town.

Destroying the polyhedron is implied to be much worse than it sounds, and since I'm familiar with the Bachelor's campaign from the original, I bet the souls of the townspeople were indeed preserved there. This would explain their strange behavior during the nocturnal ending. Still I love how the remake kind of took the dillema from the first game and put it on its head. Its no longer a clear utopia vs reality / progress vs tradition choices and instead of there being a canonical decision you are supposed to make its more of a dilemma. Also love all the questions the game asks about death, destiny, and such. I think my Haruspex came to the conclusion that matter is not destroyed but is transformed - thus death does not kill as much as it divides, so he cut across the Lines and put the city together anew.

I really enjoyed how you get to bid farewell to all the characters you saved and learn of how they will change the city going forward. Really makes each ending a personalized affair. This is what I meant when I said that their survival still affects the ending - lose, for instance, Young Vlad and the town will continue be a machine that is working people to death. I can also think of a particularly unfortunate playthrough resulting in you wandering around the town filled with no one but tragedians in day 12 and can't think of a more depressing ending.

Man I can't wait for the Marble Nest and the Bachelor campaign.

Ivan

Arcane
Just started this "for real" and now I'm hooked. Question: should Twyrine only be consumed two times per day? I tested a third use on Day 1 and nothing popped up on the map. Do future days accomodate more than two uses?

Just started this "for real" and now I'm hooked. Question: should Twyrine only be consumed two times per day? I tested a third use on Day 1 and nothing popped up on the map. Do future days accomodate more than two uses?

Pretty sure it entirely depends on the amount of undiscovered events which vary from act to act and from day to day. Later on you will hardly have the time to get all your shit done so I would recommend popping a few twyrines in the morning so you can hit the marked locations on the way to your other duties

Wunderbar

Arcane
Aside from events it also shows locations of hidden stashes (where you can find schmowders).

Ivan

Arcane
So I had probably my first truly memorable moment:
she told me to summon a train. I followed the tracks and then became interested in just how far out the game would let me wander outside of the map. Needless to say much time was spent getting lost in children's fantasies :)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page for Marble Nest

The Marble Nest is a DLC for Pathologic 2, offering a self-contained story. Play for a single day as Dr. Daniil Dankovsky, a scientist from the Capital, a fighter of death, and another doctor trying to save the Town alongside the Haruspex, and uncover a different perspective on the events—and Death itself.

The Town is doomed. But what if Death knocked on your door and offered a chance to do it all again? Would you still struggle, or accept your fate?
  • A 2-3-hour self-contained story. While The Marble Nest shines in contrast with Pathologic 2, it can be played separately—no need to refresh your memory if you’ve the main game a while ago.
  • Time flies, and events change as it does.
  • Two districts of a ravaged town. It’s almost over. You’ve almost lost. Or have you?
  • Lenient survival compared to the main game. While you still need to manage your body, it’s less pressing. It’s almost as if the Bachelor didn’t try to cling to life too much…
  • Piece the picture together and find an answer to Death’s riddle… or don’t.

Something interesting happening there? I ignored it because it's a long walk

Didn't have time to do it myself but I read at an article that if you actually stop at the end of the tracks for a little while you do hear train noises. Choo choo, motherfucker.

Ivan

Arcane
Holy fook I just got spooked by the plague mosquito swarm. Are there still some bugs in the game? I just let the infection meter fill up to see what would happen, and when I came to after talking to the Director, I just had a black screen (though I could still hear my dude move and what not, had to load)

Ivan

Arcane
Exhaustion seems like no problemo, sleep for two hours and you're golden. But holy shit I've been "hungry" for like a whole day. Scrounging trash cans for peanuts. I love it.
:shredder:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Exhaustion seems like no problemo, sleep for two hours and you're golden. But holy shit I've been "hungry" for like a whole day. Scrounging trash cans for peanuts. I love it.
:shredder:
Exhaustion is the easiest to manage, but then again, 2 hours spent napping is 2 hours not spent looting.

Also I'm pretty sure you need more than 2 hours sleep per day unless you're chugging coffee like a crazy person

Ivan

Arcane
200.webp
200w.webp

0B8BAB8A311D4EFA44EE4052AAFE2952F84FD249

I guess this explains the orange at the edge of my life bar. Day 4...these are end times gentlemen. Some variables I still don't understand. If an NPC is infected (not just "in danger") is there a way to tell how many days they have to live? Is it a diceroll whether they will make it through the next day once they reach "in danger" status? Also, if I apply correct antibiotics, does their status reset to "in danger" with pain and infection meters resetting to zero if they catch infection a 2nd time?)

Last edited:

HansDampf

Arcane
Some variables I still don't understand. If an NPC is infected (not just "in danger") is there a way to tell how many days they have to live?
No. They have a chance to die every night and will stay infected until you cure them.
Is it a diceroll whether they will make it through the next day once they reach "in danger" status?
The game rolls the dice every night at midnight*. "In Danger" means they have a chance to become infected. You can lower this chance by giving them immunity boosters. Give them a strong booster because you can only give one booster per character per day. If a character is Infected they have a chance to die.
*The actual dice roll happens long before midnight. Loading a save from before midnight to reroll won't help you.
Also, if I apply correct antibiotics, does their status reset to "in danger" with pain and infection meters resetting to zero if they catch infection a 2nd time?)
The only way to cure infected characters is with Shmowder or a real cure. Antibiotics can only lower their chance of dying (again, give them a strong one). I don't know if pain resets completely. But the infection meter will rise again. And they may need a different antibiotic next day.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
The game rolls the dice every night at midnight*. "In Danger" means they have a chance to become infected. You can lower this chance by giving them immunity boosters. Give them a strong booster because you can only give one booster per character per day. If a character is Infected they have a chance to die.
*The actual dice roll happens long before midnight. Loading a save from before midnight to reroll won't help you.
Are strong boosters mainly beneficial when an NPC is "in danger' as opposed to "infected." I wasn't sure if the game was trying to convey that the stronger (+) boosters automatically elucidate the correct antibiotic with just one application. It seems to me it typically takes 3 applications before I know with 100 certainty which antibiotic to use.

Shit I'm so engrossed in this! It's great. I'm kind of itching to restart everything knowing what I know now, especially how precious waking hours are, and better understanding the bartering system, the Dead Item shop, etc. Also goddamn the revolver has been a piece of crap, it never fires when I need it to! I swear that thing needs to be in the first durability bar (>75%) to even fire properly. :D

HansDampf

Arcane
Are strong boosters mainly beneficial when an NPC is "in danger' as opposed to "infected." I wasn't sure if the game was trying to convey that the stronger (+) boosters automatically elucidate the correct antibiotic with just one application. It seems to me it typically takes 3 applications before I know with 100 certainty which antibiotic to use.
Give them strong boosters (+tinctures) to avoid infection. I wouldn't use them for diagnosis. They're too valuable. You can also drink them for different effects in addition to boosting your immunity. The normal tinctures all have adverse effects.
If you approach diagnosis mathematically you can solve most cases with 2 tinctures. The first symptom has a high chance of landing between two colors. Then apply a tincture of the opposite (third) color, and you have a 66% chance of success (assuming all symptoms have equal probability). If the second symptom lands in the middle, apply the same tincture again for a guaranteed diagnosis.

Shit I'm so engrossed in this! It's great. I'm kind of itching to restart everything knowing what I know now, especially how precious waking hours are, and better understanding the bartering system, the Dead Item shop, etc. Also goddamn the revolver has been a piece of crap, it never fires when I need it to! I swear that thing needs to be in the first durability bar (>75%) to even fire properly. :D
Yes, always keep the revolver above 75%. It never misfired for me.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This was not my experience.
If you use tincture+ and one regular tincture you are guaranteed to solve it (I think only once tincture+ solved it immediately), and this way you don't need to administer any morphine.
In my experience the first symptom revealed was almost always the one in the middle that gives no information, and second was almost always split one. Might be I was just unlucky though, and I pretty quickly moved to starting with tincture+.

It is true that tincture+ are more important to use for preventing infection than treating it though.
Ivan you really should try and figure stuff out on your own though, and both you and HansDampf should spoiler yer shiiiet

HansDampf

Arcane
If all symptoms have equal probability then a regular tincture has only a 25% chance to hit the center. That seems about right to me.

You also don't really have to bother with diagnosing main characters - just save at the clock and keep feeding them different pills and reloading until you come across an antibiotic that works. Its still prudent to carry around extra tinctures to diagnose random citizenry - note that the hospital/theater has no clock, for instance, so if you want to max out your favor with the fund (which is almost always worth it) you need to do a bit of honest doctorin' there.

v1rus

Arcane
Right. The time has come, Im gonna play Pathologic for the first time in my life.

I know nothing about the game, except that its weird as all fuck, and that theres some kind of a plague going around.

Wish me a good time bros, i really expect it :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom