Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Forgive me if it's listed somewhere, but will the final version be Steam only? That's a deal breaker for me. I only use GOG or other DRM free platforms.
They're "in talks" with GOG. Who knows what that means, these days...

Dorateen

Arcane
f534d9feabd409c393e775d8ac1bc419_original.png
Heironymus Shearwater needs more hair on the top of her feet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The return of everybody's favorite roleplaying troupe! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/2621293

Solasta featured on Critical Role Stream at 4 pm PST / 7 pm EST tonight! (+50% Funded!)

Here's Beauregard & Caduceus by our Art Director for the occasion!

We're extremely excited to announce that Solasta will be featured in an episode of Everything is Content by two members of Critical Role! Join Marisha & Taliesin in their journey through the Ruins of Telema on Twitch at 4 pm PST / 7 pm EST / 1 am CEST tonight, don't miss it!

On another note, we're also 50% funded! We have you to thank for this achievement. Make sure to welcome new friends into the Solasta community tonight, and help them if they have any questions with the Demo! Join the discussions on our Discord Server or our Forums.

c2b6c1ca5f261cd5c1569ac3f6631073_original.png

We are getting close to 3 Milestones! Let's give it a small push!
8e7c5900c56c06f23e44f4bc0137dafb_original.png

Modron

Arcane
infinitron is actually an AI so he scan the internet for shit to shill 24/7 except maybe for regularly scheduled backup where he has to be shut down.
Infinitron gets developers directly mailing/contacting the codex and Less T_T still scoops him routinely. I would be quite interested in hearing how he finds news on stuff actually now that I think about it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
infinitron is actually an AI so he scan the internet for shit to shill 24/7 except maybe for regularly scheduled backup where he has to be shut down.
Infinitron gets developers directly mailing/contacting the codex and Less T_T still scoops him routinely. I would be quite interested in hearing how he finds news on stuff actually now that I think about it.

I don't get that many emails. LESS T_T is clearly a very dedicated industry watcher who has proactively signed himself up to all sorts of newsletters, PR agencies, etc. He might even have Google Alerts set up to inform him when there's new articles about particular games.

I could do all of those things too, but I haven't felt that it's necessary. I mostly get my news by subscribing to YouTube channels, development blogs, and checking a few gaming websites (Eurogamer, PC Gamer, GameBanshee, etc) multiple times a day. During events like E3 and Gamescom, I sometimes use manual Google searches to find additional stuff.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I don't get that many emails. LESS T_T is clearly a very dedicated industry watcher who has proactively signed himself up to all sorts of newsletters, PR agencies, etc. He might even have Google Alerts set up to inform when there's new articles about particular games.

I could do all of those things too, but I haven't felt that it's necessary. I mostly get my news by subscribing to YouTube channels, development blogs, and checking a few gaming websites (Eurogamer, PC Gamer, GameBanshee, etc) multiple times a day. During events like E3 and Gamescom, I sometimes use manual Google searches to find additional stuff.
I do like that you two pretty much cover different games and that way we get a nice coverage of news and shit. Banter and jokes aside,i do respect you both for the "work" you do.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Having a non-magic class in a world where magic is real, proven and can be deliberately obtained by anyone who works for it with no drawbacks (Which is virtually all D&D settings. Dark Sun being the main exception) is essentially the same as having a Luddite class in a sci-fi game.

Not really true. Stuff like a monk's ki, a barbarian's rage, or a Fighter's Second Wind are based are based on alternative power sources than magic but don't exist (or at least don't seem to as such) in the real world -- as in, barbarians can train their bodies to perform physical feats that are biologically and physiologically impossible in the real world due to nurturing some dormant inner primeval ability from pre-civilization.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
So... those critical role dudes kinda eh... made no impact. Those geniuses got their videos behind paywall... so outsiders cant watch it.

The archived video is behind a paywall, but the livestream was free.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Nice little funding spike. The power of Critical Role?

dailypledges.png
dailybackers.png
Critical Role gets over 8 million dollar on kickstarter themselves. Too bad they will spend it on making an animation series instead of a proper dnd video game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I finally tried the demo. I like what I played and will probably back later in the day. It was fun enough, with vertical thinking playing a part in both exploration and combat. It really did have the feel of a low level D&D adventure. I especially appreciate all the critical fails that I had to endure. :lol:
I wish you had more party-based games where you don't run with a "main character" and the game lets you choose whatever character you want in dialog. I also appreciate that featherfall had some use.

I hope to sew a few more classes, 6-8 all in all, maybe. Light management wasn't that bad. I expect it to be tweaked for the full release, except one time when I forgot about it and scouted ahead with one character. :oops:

What I think might need an improvement would be the enemy AI. It isn't bad, but could probably use some tweaks. I also didn't encounter any traps?
6E069443FF829782EADFD6ED6CBCF9C1CE275ADC

I think there was a trap on the chest you find when you enter ruins on the left. The one with a note about throwing the guy out of military.

Elex

Arbiter
there is some trapped chest and another trap not deactivable, a stone block that fall on the head, when spotted is a red square on the ground.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/2624708

3,000+ Backers & 75% Funded! Social Goals UNLOCKED: Spoon of Discord & Additional Music Track!

Welcome Critters and other new backers!

There's now more than 3,000 of you (and soon to be more than 4,000 if we keep this up) supporting Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Kickstarter. Words can't express how happy we are to see so many people sharing how eager they are to see the game reach its full potential!

Which is why we have a little something to say... Many of you are starting to ask: What classes are we going to add? What "additional content" are we speaking of? Well, while there might still be 25% of the way to go... Make sure to drop by tomorrow to vote on the next class that will be added to Solasta: Crown of the Magister once the project is funded!

But that's not all! You've been many over the week-end to join the Solasta Community, and so you've reached 4 more Social Goals: Kickstarter Backers, Twitter Followers, Steam Followers and last but not least... Fan Art!

Here is a fantastic Fan Art of Violet by @Sunstice

Which means 2 new additional Social Rewards have been unlocked:
  • Additional OST available during the Kickstarter: At the Beginning. Available on Bandcamp and Youtube.
  • Additional Kickstarter Item available for All Backers: The Spoon of Discord!
Wait wait wait... The what now? Oh dear, it's a long story. Well no, not really. See, in the early days of the Solasta Discord Server, a significant part of our community would always react to our News & Announcements with the Spoon emote. We've never quite understood why, but as time went by the Spoons thrived and multiplied... And so the team decided to honour the dedication of this Spoon-wielding cult and their Spoon-bending ways by giving the Spoon of Discord to everyone who backs the Kickstarter. What does it do? Well, no one knows for sure. You'll just have to test that once the final game comes out...At your own risk.

c2b6c1ca5f261cd5c1569ac3f6631073_original.png

The next 2 Social Rewards revealed are:
  • Short Prequel Story (PDF), by our Writing Team
  • The 4 Kickstarter Archetypes added on D&D Beyond's Homebrew System, available for all! Mountaineer (Fighter), Darkweaver (Rogue), Shock Arcanist (Wizard) and Battle Domain (Cleric)
822d8f7f068ec52fff3bc71581ab05cf_original.png

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom