Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
A1z69OBaeiL._SY679_.jpg

Swen V vs. GabeN

:shredder:

Neerasrc

Learned
The video is coming soon. No information about BG3.
Has anyone really asked this question? -) We didn't ask. Has anyone asked? No. We already knew you were preparing the video two weeks ago. Why do you praise yourself against game manufacturers? What's the purpose? A move against the promotion of CDPR iphone? Hey larian. You Are humiliating. (Message to non-PR manager.)

Neerasrc

Learned
If Swen asks Activison for Arcanum 2 licence, he would get it without hesitation.
I think only Larian could make it at this moment.
Actually, you know what? That would be right up Larian's alley.
I would be far more hopeful than with them making BG3 (though that's mostly because of BG rather than Larian).

I'm still hopeful. Sven constantly talked about rebuilding dnd mechanics in the divinity engine. Bg3 may turn out bad but but there will be an alternative for the producers. No loading screen. A wide open world (dos2 maps) and crpg. If a company like Owlcat uses the larian game engine in the future, amazing things can happen. or another company. Not for bg3, but because they can build an infrastructure that doesn't have IE mechanics and can build more advanced systems. I'm really curious how they're going to adapt Dnd.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/2624777

Cross-save compatibility between Steam and Nintendo Switch!

Science and magic hash it out in the second issue of the Larian Gazette. We’ve got headlines, if you’ve got time.

First up, Divinity: Original Sin 2, our critically acclaimed RPG, is now released on Switch to another round of awards and praise. The reception has been very good with Gamespot hailing it as one of the best games on Switch with a 10/10 score, and USgamer is calling it “a masterpiece of role-playing, wherever you go.”

Divinity: Original Sin 2 launched on the Nintendo Switch with the completely unique feature that allows players to share their Steam save files between PC and their Switch, seamlessly and as often as they like.

The Gazette is pleased to report that it has obtained footage of what can only be referred to as a very daring and epic heist, one that saw the worlds of magic and science collide! That’s right, dear readers, Larian broke into Valve to make the unimaginable possible!

Watch as Baldur’s Gate 3 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 Creative Director Swen Vinke stealthily (he thinks) infiltrates the home of Portal, Index, and of course, your entire collection of PC games. See things you weren’t supposed to see, and some things you wish you never had!

You heard it here first! Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition will be the first game featuring cross-save compatibility between Switch and Steam. That means you can store your saves on the Cloud when playing at home and continue your adventure on the road on Switch. As one source within Larian indicated, "It took some true heroes at Valve and Nintendo to make this happen. And let’s not forget our partner Blitworks who made work very hard to make this port possible. A hearty thanks to everyone!."

If you aren’t familiar with Divinity: Original Sin 2, it was Kickstarted in 2015 and thanks to the support of 45k backers, it began a fantastic journey across PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 before finally landing on the Switch in 2019 on September 4th. (For the complete history of Divinity: Original Sin 2, go here)

Gift Bag 2
a293a90a7ec73e99a21167b1f432812c_original.jpg

In a show of embarrassing excess, Larian also released a brand new Gift Bag on all platforms, in celebration of the Switch release.

Gift Bag 2: Song of Nature contains six new additions to D:OS2 on all platforms that will help to enrich your adventures in Rivellon:

Crafter's Kit: Plenty of new recipes and unique items to craft!

Endless Runner: Find a new icon in your Hotbar to toggle sprint on and off. Sprint increases the movement speed of your party.

Animal Empathy: Allows all player characters to talk to animals without having to spend a talent point. Changes Pet Pal talent to grant maximum positive attitude in all conversations with animals.

Fort Joy Magic Mirror: Manifests a Magic Mirror in the Arena of Fort Joy, along with a new Character Creation level. This allows you to respec before moving on to the next act of the game.

8 Action Points: Increases the base maximum Action Points of hero characters to 8.

Herb Gardens: Plant your own herb garden! Take any herb and combine it with a bucket to create a seedling. Then place your seedling in the ground and watch it grow.

All Gift Bag content is automatically enabled, but to play with modifications you'll have to manually apply each one to your game. You can do this via the in-game Larian Modifications menu--find it when you start a game or load your save game. But be warned! If you choose to play with modifications, achievements will be turned off.

Divinity Dice Set
92d424b9a0e3533d8d2bead61ef57dc2_original.jpg

The Divinity: Original Sin 2 Dice Set proved to be a popular item at PAX West, selling out on the second day. Made with excellence by the Q-Workshop team, these dice are a distractingly attractive addition to tabletop games. Their worldwide release will be coming soon-- beware Larian's socials for this sin against tabletop austerity.

Larian Gazette
For more breaking news and behind the scenes stories about everything Larian, make sure you sign up for the Larian Gazette at baldursgate3.game.

A word from the Larian Team:

"You've helped us make two amazing games already, and your reactions and feedback as we post updates will be as valuable as ever. We will not be doing any more Kickstarter updates so signing up for the newsletter is the definitive way to stay posted."

Make sure to follow Larian on social media, and click Youtube’s notification bell, to make sure you never miss exclusive coverage of the excess of shenanigans to come.

Finally, please make sure you wishlist the game here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1086940/Baldurs_Gate_III/

© 2019 WIZARDS OF THE COAST. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. WIZARDS OF THE COAST, BALDUR’S GATE, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LOGOS ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF WIZARDS OF THE COAST LLC

© 2019 LARIAN STUDIOS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. LARIAN STUDIOS IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF ARRAKIS NV, AFFILIATE OF LARIAN STUDIOS GAMES LTD.

ALL COMPANY NAMES, BRAND NAMES, TRADEMARKS AND LOGOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Swen is the hero we deserve. He will be the last true knight of CRPG's that will start every story about the good ol' days with "Well, actually in Ultima 7 you could..."

God bless this man.

cruel

Cipher
I'm looking at the full crafting table for this game:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137514488

And it seems I wasn't aware of easily 1/3 of the recipes, if not more :| Some of the combinations look really great, like having a Warrior with Whirlwind + Sparking Swings for example.

Sooo much hard work was put into this game, it's amazing. I would say, without the armor system, listing this game as a contender for a spot in top 10 RPG games would not be stupid.

Murk

Arcane
cruel make sure to dual wield when using sparking swings for double the sparkly action.

cruel

Cipher
Yeah, I'm already considering playing this once again, with totally different party build. Maybe even 4 mages, each with different element.

The last two games that made me feel like this (wanting to try another run before even finishing), were Dark Souls and Nioh. So it definitely says something good about this game, even with it's flaws.

Also, I'm positively surprised by difficulty spike in Arx (at least in Enhanced Edition). Nameless Isle was way to easy, but Arx ramps up the difficulty nicely. I guess that some of the Codex bros would have fun playing this on Tactician (and make sure to kill Advocate for added fun in Arx).

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Also, I'm positively surprised by difficulty spike in Arx (at least in Enhanced Edition). Nameless Isle was way to easy, but Arx ramps up the difficulty nicely. I guess that some of the Codex bros would have fun playing this on Tactician (and make sure to kill Advocate for added fun in Arx).

Agree, I found the original game quite challenging and fun on tactitian. Took me longer, but the game was really enriched by this.

Murk

Arcane
I played on tactician out the gate then went back to try it on normal to see how it compared and the difference is pretty drastic. It's not just number bloat as well, enemies skills/inventories change (types of arrows and grenades) and some effects fundamentally alter too -- like if an enemy explodes on death (void tainted turtles, even).

cruel

Cipher
Uch... Whoever on Larian side was responsible for designing Lizard Consulate quest in Arx should never touch RPG games in their career. End of rant.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

As I understand Nintendo's eShop chart is based on copies sold, not revenues, so this is probably significant as a $50 game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Snippet of upcoming interview article. Is another spin-off coming?: https://www.pcgamesn.com/divinity-original-sin-2/updates-2019

Divinity: Original Sin 2 will keep getting more content “in and outside of the game”

Divinity: Original Sin 2 landed just over two years ago, and an extensive set of free content updates have only improved what was already one of the best PC games of 2017. Developer Larian doesn’t plan to stop expanding the game, either. More in-game additions are coming, and the studio has plans to build things outside the game in a “massive” way.

We asked director of publishing Michael Douse if there are plans for more content, and he says “Yes. In and outside of the game itself. We have some massive things coming up in what I’ll off-the-cusp call the ‘extended universe’ though that’s not at all what it is – this is outside of the game.”

As for what’s coming inside of the game, Douse says “we of course have more Gift Bags on the way that come to all platforms and offer some really major tweaks to gameplay. I personally love increased movement speed – an opinion that risks my life every day. Also more action points. Those are in the current one.”

So even with Baldur’s Gate 3 on the way, things aren’t over for DOS2 – that’s an impressive run of success.

We’ll have a lot more from our interview with Larian in the near future, including an extensive look at how cross-save functionality was built between PC and Switch.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
make divinity 3 you belgian fucks. if they dont, i pray swen's hairline keep retreating into oblivion

Swen sacrifices his hairline for every bit of success they get. But maybe they are already working on it? When the writers and artists are done, they jump to another project. Here's to hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom