Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aeolwyn’s Legacy - blobber from MM6-7 level designer Tim Lang

Diggfinger

Arcane
https://www.dungeonbyte.com/aeolwyn-s-legacy

Tim Lang, Level Designer on Might & Magic VI and VII plus Lead Designer on IX, has been keeping a low profile in recent years. He's quietly been running his indie-studio BBRRAPP Games, mainly releasing smaller social/mobile games and working on a FPS called Zombie Gauntlet Live! Fun fact, ZGL! is a smaller game in the Project 2137 setting, which is Lang's Sci-Fi blobber announced in 2013.

Obviously, being a one-man studio (like Golden Era Games) puts constraints on the content one's able to put out, as Lang explained in his Matt Chat interview, and he's had to cancel several projects along the way.

Lang's just announced that he has put ZGL! on hold to continue work on a new title called Aeolwyn’s Legacy.
It looks like a throw-back blobber, reminiscent of older Might & Magic games.
No word on how far in development it is, but looks like he's planning to releases smaller pieces of content at a time.
Have a look below.

Below some snippets from the web-page:

Features

Party Based Gameplay

Aeolwyn’s Legacy is a throwback to the Party-based Role Playing Games of old! Instead of playing one all-powerful character you’ve got a party of 4 characters who are under your full control to customize and develop as you choose!

Exploration
There’s a large open world at your doorstep. Explore the world and find strange monsters and hidden locations. There will be plenty of secrets to uncover!

Explore the wilderness and investigate dark dungeons and abandon temples.

Adventure
Talk to NPCs. Take on quests large and small. Join factions and fight your enemies!

Epic Story

Play an epic, multi-branching story where choices you make may affect your future in Laryndor. Just because you are friendly with one faction doesn’t mean that all the other groups in Laryndor appreciate you meddling in their plans! Meddle too far and they may take action against you!

Combat

Fight powerful monsters and loot their treasure! Choose between real time combat to slay your foes, or if you prefer to think more strategically about your battles, switch to turn-based and outsmart your enemies. You can switch between the two any time you want.

Develop Characters

There’s tons of skills to learn, including martial skills, magic skills, and plenty more to help you in your quests!

You have four characters to customize any way you want. Do you want to face the world with four soldiers? Do it! Do you prefer magical attacks? Go ahead! In Aeolwyn’s Legacy there are tons of character choices, each with 2 levels of promotions to get even more powerful.

Dorateen and Lady Error get your assess in here.
Heck, let's call Cleveland Mark Blakemore as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.brrappgames.com/single-post/2019/09/11/You-been-gone-Whats-been-happening

You been gone! What's been happening?

It's true. I've been gone a good long time, but I haven't been sleeping!

I put Zombie Gauntlet Live! on pause and have been working on a new game in secret. It's come along far enough that I'm ready to show it to the world.

Introducing my new fantasy RPG: Aeolwyn's Legacy!

e54bf8_7724e12cb45f4d67ba5c05ac6218dc0f~mv2.webp

It's an old-school RPG dressed up in newer clothes. I say newer because it's not a cutting edge AAA visual treat (I'm working by myself! who's got time for that?

It's set in a land called Laryndor where (of course) there's trouble a'brewin'. Factions have been forming against the monarchy and secret societies have been making plots for and against the throne. In the coming months you'll hear more about the world, the characters and those pesky secret societies.

There's a demo available that you can get here.

And go ahead and head over to the Aeolwyn's Legacy page to learn more about the game and see some cool screenshots like this one:

e54bf8_73f3f62176d6480a95daa80eba144e6f~mv2.webp

The forum's still a lonely, lonely place. Check it out and let me know what you think! Ideas and suggestions are welcome (and will be ignored! - maybe. Or not).

I'll be releasing the game as updates are applied. The demo will be free, but once Chapter 1 comes out I'll start asking for money to help offset the costs I've invested in making my (current) magnum opus.

Thanks for getting this far! More updates coming soon.

Last edited:

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
One-man project by a guy who hasn’t made anything relevant in the past 20 years? I’m not terribly optimistic about this unfortunately.

Max Heap

Arcane
I mean, there is no problem with assets from the unity store.
The problem is, that lots of developers have absolutely no idea how to use them properly.

Morkar Left

Seems to be in early stages. I'm sure the graphics and menus get improved. Doesn't look the shoddy if you compared it to the kind of animytions the sprites of yore had. Unfortunately his late track record isn't too encouraging...

Planned improvements to the M&M series seems to be some dialogue trees and c&c. Curious how much there will be. But the main question for me would be how gets the old (and fun) formula of the M&M 6-8 series improved? Some non-combat social skills? Good trap disarming? Even stealth? Thievery? Things to do in taverns? Talking to npcs with actual dialogue? What's with Arcomage/Minigames?

If these things get improved without failing in the other things that made these M&M games good I'm really looking forward to it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.brrappgames.com/single-post/2019/11/27/Aeolwyns-Legacy-update

Aeolwyn's Legacy update

Hello again! I promise I haven't forgot about you.

I've been busy working on things and things, and wanted to give you guys an update on what's been going on since the Aeolwyn's Legacy announcement!

Based on some of the feedback I got from the demo, I decided to take the time and upgrade some of the art and UI that had been temporary while I worked on the game systems. A lot of people thought it looked fine, but I thought it could use an upgrade. So I've been slowly working on a new UI. Here's a mockup of what it looks like:

e54bf8_76753393e44f4103a9fc3a008fc05ec2~mv2.webp

I think it's looking pretty good.

I also have been getting a fair amount of questions about the game, the story, release dates, etc so I put together a FAQ and put it on the game's main page. It's all the way at the bottom. Check it out!

That's about all the updates for now! toodles!

The FAQ can't be easily copy-pasted so you'll have to check it out yourselves.

Diggfinger

Arcane
New mock-up looks amazing. Getting a nice, cozy feeling from this trees (MMVI style).

Need to find time to give the demo a try...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom