Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
Wow I hate how the shadows on the landscape move with the ship. What a bunch of shit. I mean if the gameplay is going to be great then ok fine, but I suspect this game is all about graphics and not much else so that is ridiculous. It has constant texture pop in too, wtf, all that hype about CryEnginnneee and it looks like a 90s game.

It was fixed in one of later versions of engine. Now game doesn't do that.
Poping also was caused by lack of proper lod handling by servers back then which also got fixed.

Imho their focus right now should be on patching current game to reach non buggy status. If they fix bugs then they already have more or less game as full game-play loop is in. You can do missions right now and earn money to get new ships in game.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
That's good. But what about the combat? Is it just pew pew pew shooting at a target predictor circle?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Of course what Perkel doesn't tell you is that "missions" right now are based around delivering cargo boxes from one place to another. Even this simple stuff is hilariously bugged - more often than not, the crates will fall through the floor, making it impossible to finish the "quest".
Apart from mining, no proper professions have been implemented yet. Hell, even the hardcore whales are complaining about the desolate sate of the gameplay features, yet Perkel will tell you that right now, the game only needs some bugfixing. You can't make this stuff up. Let's not even talk about the giant problems with the engine and the networking tech that will prevent this game from ever becoming a MMO.

Last edited:

CyberModuled

Savant
Feels weird to know that over three years later and this video is still somewhat relevant with the only thing Mandalore getting wrong was hoping that SQ42 would release sooner than it is now.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
He sounds like a cross between the Goth kids from Southpark and Butthead from Beavis & Butthead. But I watched a few minutes and he has some fair points. I guess. Youtubers are cunts.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Perkel is a True Believer, so he'll rush to defend the game any time anyone says something bad about it. At this point I've just come to accept that this is our new normal. SC will continue development at a glacial pace and its defenders will continue to tell us that it is perfectly reasonable and normal for a game to cost 300 million dollars and take 20 years to finish.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Feels weird to know that over three years later and this video is still somewhat relevant with the only thing Mandalore getting wrong was hoping that SQ42 would release sooner than it is now.

He really needs to make a new video,fuck it was three years ago and star citizen is still a meme. I do like how hopeful he is that some part of the game will maybe come next year.....two years ago :)

Syl

Cipher
Last rant from the guy I posted 2 months ago (sound only):

Some quotes :):

6:01: "So when it comes to yet another star citizen content creator video
trying to assure everyone that the latest meltdown by the community
over missed deadlines, failed content, lack of reliable gameplay, (???) AI
or some other scandal within this quagmire of over-promising and mismanagement happens,
you don't need to ask me what I think of the video because they are always the same some guy
who is trying to get his piece of the dreamer money train by hyping the herders of the community
with the same shit they've been saying since 2014 when I was very shamefully one of those blind faith morons
spitting the exact same talking points they are now using as 2020 approaches."

7:40: "Let's talk about why this cancer isn't going to get better on its own or with homeopathic remedies.
You see, the management in this game is absolute 100% pure, undiluted, uncut AIDS."

12:52: "Make no mistake, star citizen has many years to go from this point. I'm not talking like a year or two.
If by some miracle, cloud imperium is still treading water by 2024,
people will still be having these same discussions about how it's not all bad,
and the roadmap delays and failures are just part of game development."

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

zi7pvtj991l31.jpg

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Man....I was happily married, raised a kid, got divorced, changed jobs 3 times and had a half dozen girlfriends all in the space of this game's development......

Can't wait to see what else is in store before I die this game gets released!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is there an example of another game that entered development around the same time SC did and is still unreleased and prodding along it's oh-so-normal, nothing out of the ordinary development process?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I was actually kinda positive about this game until I saw that Gatsby video. I don't care how long it takes. My only concern has always been the combat, if it is pew pew, it is dead to me. If it has some sort of tactical combat, even MMO combat with cooldowns and whatnot, then I will buy the game for sure. But then I saw that fucking Gatsby video... It annoyed me in several ways that totally changed my view of the game. The millennial they got to do the voice over, talking like he has any idea what sci fi is and what life is, he knows fuck all. I can tell. Then all the characters dancing at that snooty party, with current millennial hair cuts and style, (everyone has shaved at the sides, Beavis on top) that is how people look in the future eh? Token black guy does the bro hug to another millennial clone. Then there is some bad voice acting by characters who aren't even lip synced properly. It looks and sounds just like a WASPy upper middle class ad for diamond jewelry or whatever, which is cringe enough, but instead of being aimed at wealthy old people it is aimed at 25 year olds who all look the same, and want to act like they belong at a champagne reception with an opera singer, and yet it isn't even a real one... it is in a video game. Then the Gatsby sails away and millennial boy talks about how he longs to see it again next year for that awesome champagne party where nothing actually happens. Everything about this triggers me.

It also makes me think that this game is going to be full of stupid fluff shit, with 2015 looking character models on stations full of stupid pointless shit designed to be immersive to kids who want to go to a virtual night club and restaurants to buy expensive wine after they spent a day mining an asteroid. It is The Sims shit on a whole new level, for people who want a virtual life. I wouldn't mind if it was one goofy cantina for dorks to hang around with each other in game like they do in cities in WoW, but I am sure now that they will spend millions filling these cities and stations with this sort of content which is completely useless to me. Basically that Gatsby video convinced me this game is not going to be suitable for me. I think the things I care about (combat and C&C) will be shallow and weak, and the other 99% of the budget was spent on virtual places for people to live their Second Life online.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Game, haha, what game. This is the best demo the world has ever seen

It's actually the only thing that Star Citizen will ever release

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom