Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Atchodas

Augur
Well good thing about SSS is that you actually can get some combat without moving trough half of the map to kill one group of enemies and then go back to Neketaka to get identical quest just on another island,and the fights in SSS are somewhat challenging (except the retarded puzzle fights where you just need to know how to approach them and they become piss easy)

Atchodas

Augur
What!?! SSS had fights locked behind some of the worst fetch quests in the game.

Those are side quests for SSS , and you can do them 3 at a time which is an upgrade from any other bounty givers , first time you come to SSS you can have 15-20 battles that are not even trash fights and this is otherwise unseen in pillars franchise

Obsidian should actually put their multi class system to good use and release standalone game similar to SSS without all the shitty writing,mindless travelling trough completed areas and crappy voice acted npc's that have no value to the gameplay

Reinhardt

Arcane
moving trough half of the map to kill one group of enemies and then go back to Neketaka to get identical quest just on another island
Nigga, you can kill all bounties without visiting hunters and then just bring heads to them. It's not PoE 1.

Atchodas

Augur
you can do lots of things once you replay this game for 2nd 3rd and 4th time something I am not interested in doing at all

and that's one of the biggest problems with PoE in general first time experience will be horrible with everything you do in the game, like trash fights in beast of winter where you can see only 1-2 enemies and then they spawn some spirits behind your party , your squishy characters gets owned so you reload , put your party way back pull with the tank and then the fight is auto attackable till the end while u afk

Reinhardt

Arcane
you can do lots of things once you replay this game for 2nd 3rd and 4th time something I am not interested in doing at all
First time i played deadfire i explored half of the map before visiting Neketaka and completed lots of hunt quest just by visiting hunters once.

Atchodas

Augur
Yes because completing half of the game before Neketaka totally makes sense especially since in Neketaka you get 3-4 levels and all the unique gear you want basically without any effort

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
SSS is good for messing around with builds, but that's about it. Even the rewards suck except for Muatu.

Forgotten Sanctum is amazing, and if we never get PoE 3 then at least the series ended on a high note.

Last edited:

Atchodas

Augur
80% of items in Deadfire suck - most of them requires to build your character in a way to fit that item(which basically means it is useless at the point you obtain it) and the end reward is +10 defence against poison attacks or something stupid like that

Atchodas

Augur
First time I went to Neketaka in Deadfire I was close to lvl 6 and after I done all the walk and talk quests I was lvl 10 and had to install 25% less exp mod because it was obvious I am getting too much exp but the real exp DUMPS are magrans teeth and berkanas observatory who give you 1 level each just for going there even with 25% less exp and at this point you over level everything and no upscaling will help you

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron

and that's one of the biggest problems with PoE in general first time experience will be horrible with everything you do in the game, like trash fights in beast of winter where you can see only 1-2 enemies and then they spawn some spirits behind your party , your squishy characters gets owned so you reload , put your party way back pull with the tank and then the fight is auto attackable till the end while u afk
Considering this post atchodas, I have a hard time believing you actually enjoy combat in this game.
Which explains why your opinion on SSS is dumb.

Obsidian should actually put their multi class system to good use and release standalone game similar to SSS without all the shitty writing,mindless travelling trough completed areas and crappy voice acted npc's that have no value to the gameplay
No.

Tigranes

Arcane
atchodas cant even play deadfire, an easy forgiving freeform game giving out loot and xp like candy, properly and so complains about his retarded detours

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Started to play this again, wanting to finish the DLCs... and is the game broken now or something? I get 19 fps in combat, and it crashes after 30 min to 1 hour of playtime. Is there a fix for this, or is it just Obsidian being Obsidian?

And why the fuck does the charm effect instantly kill my characters when it wears off in the Forgotten Sanctum?

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Started to play this again, wanting to finish the DLCs... and is the game broken now or something? I get 19 fps in combat, and it crashes after 30 min to 1 hour of playtime. Is there a fix for this, or is it just Obsidian being Obsidian?

And why the fuck does the charm effect instantly kill my characters when it wears off in the Forgotten Sanctum?
Try these, maybe they'll help:
- Disable the telemetry thing in the Game Options
- Disable Steam Overlay in Steam options
- Run the game in Administrator mode

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Had no bugs or problems whatsoever when I played the DLC's a couple months ago.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll be more amazed if someone beats it without a Priest or Bloodmage, if at all possible. I suspect they rely on Brilliant?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom