Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
EPIC didn't pay enough millions to make it worth it.

Yosharian

Arcane
I wonder what Sailor Woedica thinks though, her opinion is important.

ok I watched the trailer and I love the gouachey oil painty lewk to everything, very cute. But I'm totally not into rpgs that you can only play as a man in, sorry.

I'm really glad everyone else here is so feeling it tho!
g0gRYio.png
That's interesting, because I personally have no problem playing games where you can only play as a woman.

Because, you know, I'm not a fucking bigot.

But you do you!

Molina

Savant
TBH, I prefer playing a woman with big tits and big ass, because you know... In TPS, you can only see the butt. But in this game, just like that, just by looking at the screenshot, I imagine playing a hercule poirot, a Maigret , a Sherlock Holmes, a crazy guy who is there by chance. When I just look at the competency tree.... Fuck, ten thousand billion ideas come to my mind. All RPGs should have this kind of mental competence.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
TBH, I prefer playing a woman with big tits and big ass, because you know... In TPS, you can only see the butt. But in this game, just like that, just by looking at the screenshot, I imagine playing a hercule poirot, a Maigret , a Sherlock Holmes, a crazy guy who is there by chance. When I just look at the competency tree.... Fuck, ten thousand billion ideas come to my mind. 1ll RPGs should have this kind of mental competence.

The default is a hungover Bulgarian, of course.

Generic-Giant-Spider

GOT MY BIG FOAM HANDS OUT, BEERSTEIN, AND MOIST TOWELETTES.

I'M READY FOR THE GAMING EVENT KNOWN TO GAMERS AS THE DISCO ELYSIUM.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
TBH, I prefer playing a woman with big tits and big ass, because you know... In TPS, you can only see the butt. But in this game, just like that, just by looking at the screenshot, I imagine playing a hercule poirot, a Maigret , a Sherlock Holmes, a crazy guy who is there by chance. When I just look at the competency tree.... Fuck, ten thousand billion ideas come to my mind. 1ll RPGs should have this kind of mental competence.

The default is a hungover Bulgarian, of course.
so the main character is fantadomat ?

The Real Fanboy
I wonder what Sailor Woedica thinks though, her opinion is important.

ok I watched the trailer and I love the gouachey oil painty lewk to everything, very cute. But I'm totally not into rpgs that you can only play as a man in, sorry.

I'm really glad everyone else here is so feeling it tho!
g0gRYio.png
That's interesting, because I personally have no problem playing games where you can only play as a woman.

Because, you know, I'm not a fucking bigot.

But you do you!

You're really so extra...

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
It's something great, i feel it can be kind of Fallout 1&2 revolution for computer rpg's in terms of gameplay mechanics and universe . It looks like something new, something that we all been waiting for since Interplay/Black Isle death.
I wish best for Devs of D:Elysium. I need something fresh, not another D&D /postapo, not another action rpg or similar cliche, very badly. Can't wait to play it.
Ancient-Aliens-guy-meme-collection-9.jpg

Last edited:
The Real Fanboy
Also sorry totally forgot and accidentally lied by omission because I loved red dead redemption 2 and you play as a man in that rpg, but Arthur is really handsome and sweet and I loved shooting the rival gangs and brushing my horse.

barghwata

Savant
Love how the game limits the skills you can aquire depending on your stats, i always hated how in FNV you can suck at charisma but can still spend your points on speech and become a good talker anyways, this approach is clearly superior.

ss_9125a718ee9ba85386ae5d4eb820f3266073fc97.1920x1080.jpg

frajaq

Erudite
Love how the game limits the skills you can aquire depending on your stats, i always hated how in FNV you can suck at charisma but can still spend your points on speech and become a good talker anyways, this approach is clearly superior.

ss_9125a718ee9ba85386ae5d4eb820f3266073fc97.1920x1080.jpg

wow looks like some stats/skills can get pretty high, I assume thats a lot of bonuses from Thought Cabinet/Equipped Items tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom