Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I want a CRT monitor, but for some reason I can't find any to buy...

I'm a little surprised they never made any kind of comeback given the refresh rate of CRT makes them ideal for both video games and sports. Then again they never got advertised as such things.

Citizen

CRTs may look gud but having youe eyes bleed after an hour of looking at it is not worth it. I use an IPS LCD with matte screen on minimal brightness possible as this is the only way for me to work with PC for more than two hours

YldriE

Learned
I didn't really like platformers back in the day. Except maybe Robocop, Giana Sisters and Shadow of the Beast.
You are certainly not alone. For all the parroting about how games used to be so much better and blablabla, many of the games we used to like are total shit, and nostalgia relies heavily on you not playing them and finding out.

It's a market that shrinks fast. Every time 10 people buy a nostalgia indie game, something like 8 of them realise they grew out of it; the only reason it's not common knowledge is a sort of momentum that these old games are holy cows of gaming, and no one wants to be outed as the shameful casual who cannot appreciate monocled cultured historical pieces.

"But but but... if I don't like Bleepbleepbloop Atari Simulator, someone will call me a Call of Duty kiddie" is a fun exercise, but you can't guiltplay people into playing shit they don't like forever.

Delterius

Arcane
eh6e1hmjw0n31.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom