Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
When i see wikipedia source,i roll my eyes so hard that they may pop out.

Yea, I feel the same way when it comes to that bullshit. Like when people link to biased, agenda-driven, propagandist sources like the Catholic Education Resource Center, or when they link to a christian apologist posing as an atheist trying to set the record straight on "Great (atheist) Myths". You'd have to be King of the Retards to think an atheist would waste his precious time on Earth defending Christianity from Atheism.
Yeah isn't it something when someone rolls his eyes on an open-source knowledge DB (which obviously is never to be fully trusted but still..) but doesn't when he sees sources like "catholiceducation" and "historyforatheists" :lol:?

Historyforatheists.com is run by an atheist Tim O'Neill (see, for example https://blog.feedspot.com/atheist_blogs/, no. 29)
I took a quick look and I saw what he claims to be. In any case a blog of some guy, whoever he is, is not a reliable source of information unless you can verify the information given. Especially when its a blog obviously targeted against or in favor of specific views, for whatever reason

But Jimmious , he states his sources and quotes them abundantly, in his long and elaborate articles, so you can indeed check them. As far as who he is, and his historical expertise goes, it's all there: https://historyforatheists.com/about-the-author-and-a-faq/.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Reading a bit what he writes, it seems to be a decent blog. He tries. It is obviously targeted though.
Also he has a bit of a constant ironic tone and keeps referring to comments in fora etc which I don't like, but yes it seems like a decent blog in total.
My observation was not specific to the blogs you used though, it's a general point.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
When i see wikipedia source,i roll my eyes so hard that they may pop out.

Yea, I feel the same way when it comes to that bullshit. Like when people link to biased, agenda-driven, propagandist sources like the Catholic Education Resource Center, or when they link to a christian apologist posing as an atheist trying to set the record straight on "Great (atheist) Myths". You'd have to be King of the Retards to think an atheist would waste his precious time on Earth defending Christianity from Atheism.
Yeah isn't it something when someone rolls his eyes on an open-source knowledge DB (which obviously is never to be fully trusted but still..) but doesn't when he sees sources like "catholiceducation" and "historyforatheists" :lol:?

Historyforatheists.com is run by an atheist Tim O'Neill (see, for example https://blog.feedspot.com/atheist_blogs/, no. 29)
I took a quick look and I saw what he claims to be. In any case a blog of some guy, whoever he is, is not a reliable source of information unless you can verify the information given. Especially when its a blog obviously targeted against or in favor of specific views, for whatever reason

But Jimmious , he states his sources and quotes them abundantly, in his long and elaborate articles, so you can indeed check them. As far as who he is, and his historical expertise goes, it's all there: https://historyforatheists.com/about-the-author-and-a-faq/.
Ahhh the butthurt of atheists is soooo sweet.

i

lol, turks are squatting on the ruins of Rome, Planet of the Apes style

Ottomans had rulers that were called "Emperor of Romans" by the Patriarch of Constantinople, where Constantine moved the Capital of Rome. The real squatters here are bunch of Germanic, Anglo-Saxon and Celtic invaders that just spontaneously claimed themselves Roman and didn't even hold its legitimate capital while roleplaying Romans. I am especially a big fan of the English and their colonies claiming descendant from Romans.

Turks will never be real romans because they are muslim.

But I agree germanoid scum are filthy invaders, too.

Imagine, a Western World without filthy germanics and muslims, it would be paradise. Slavs can stay because they are spiritual kin with brazilians, have good taste in RPGs and are very funny. Could kill all commies while we're there.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Waiting for the big european expansion and the obligatory bug-fix patches before I go back into EUIV. They always optimize the game for the big expansions.
It will come in 2020. Did you try the new patch,it seem that there are some new shit in asia.

I heard, but not much. What's new?
Have no idea,i just looked some paradox forum shit and that broken launcher just made me not pirate it. Florry is doing a playtrough,but that is useless because of how he plays.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
QoL
Hey! So me and the team are finally back and recharged after a great PDXCON and it's finally time to get going with development diaries. So what I will be covering today is the result out of what we call "Polish Weeks" here at EUIV. These days are dedicated specifically by the team to fix issues and generally improve the game. So today's development diary is me distilling down a somewhat shy of 200 known issues we've fixed but also the Spending/Budget AI work that our programmers have been working hard at.

So during these Polish Weeks @Duplo and @mikesc have been working hard on improving the economy of the AI.
here.

Next week I'll be talking about some of the Quality of Life features we've implemented, some of these being entirely new features almost on their own.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh no, the Popamoler is back in charge of EUIV.
Most likely. They gave him the job as lead of EU when that faggot johan went to make a supper successful franchise called rome. Now when that shit flopped he most likely fired jake because he make him look incompetent. I honestly don't know who is the new lead for EU4.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh no, the Popamoler is back in charge of EUIV.
Most likely. They gave him the job as lead of EU when that faggot johan went to make a supper successful franchise called rome. Now when that shit flopped he most likely fired jake because he make him look incompetent. I honestly don't know who is the new lead for EU4.
Johan is. :D I thought you knew, and hence you concluded that what you wrote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom