Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terminator: Resistance - from Rambo: The Video Game devs

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.terminatorvideogame.com

https://af.gog.com/game/terminator_resistance?as=1649904300

For PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will launch on November 15 in Europe and Australia, and December 3 in North America.

Terminator: Resistance is a single player first-person shooter developed by Teyon. It features an original story based on the film rights for legendary motion-pictures The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, nearly 30 years after Judgment Day, and expands upon the Future War glimpsed at in the iconic films from James Cameron, The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
Terminator: Resistance introduces a new hero, Jacob Rivers, a soldier in the Resistance Pacific Division. Despite the fact that Jacob is just a private, he’ll soon discover that he’s been targeted by the latest threat from Skynet and marked for termination!
Skynet may be destined to lose this war, but at what cost to Jacob? Experience the events leading up to the decisive final battle, smash Skynet’s Defence Grid and help decide the fate of mankind in the war against the machines!
Key Features
  • Resist the machines – Fight against a selection of iconic enemies from the films, including the T-800, as well as a host of enemies that are brand new to the Terminator universe.
  • Equip an arsenal of plasma weaponry – Run and gun or sneak and hack through sprawling environments! The world isn’t as forgiving as it used to be so you’ll need to search for scraps to trade and craft.
  • Choose the kind of hero you want to be – Level-up your skills while exploring post-apocalyptic Los Angeles. Complete story missions to rise through the ranks of the Resistance as well as side-quests to help your friends.
  • Change the fate of mankind – Protect a motley crew of survivors, each with their own motivations and backstories. The actions you take throughout the game will impact their survival and change the ending you get.

P3c3jvP.jpg

scBXVSX.jpg

A0tXUCt.jpg

BiEZtGu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JDR13

Arcane
Obviously a cash-grab with the timing of the release, but I might check it out. I'm kind of a sucker for Terminator stuff.

I don't understand why the NA release is almost a month later though..

YldriE

Learned
Unless a miracle happens, it looks like it's going to be a run-of-the-mill tie-in game, so the lack of coop is a downer.

Terminator Salvation is a very forgettable baby's first Gears of War, but the fact that it's one of the few no-questions-asked splitscreen shooters on PC elevated it to a pretty fun afternoon of low-stakes firefights.

JDR13

Arcane
Terminator Salvation is a very forgettable baby's first Gears of War, but the fact that it's one of the few no-questions-asked splitscreen shooters on PC elevated it to a pretty fun afternoon of low-stakes firefights.

I actually want to try it just out of curiosity, but apparently it's no longer available to purchase anywhere.

It might be time to visit my Swedish friends...

YldriE

Learned
I actually want to try it just out of curiosity, but apparently it's no longer available to purchase anywhere.

It might be time to visit my Swedish friends...
I ordered the DVD online for like 5 dollars, but yeah, it's very easy to find by alternative means. Just remember that while it's mechanically solid, it's still a budget tie-in game, so expect a 3-hour Gears of War DLC and that's it.

Luka-boy

Arcane
With that dev team's accolades and considering it reeks of movie tie-in game it's almost definitely going to be crap.

Still, I'll keep an eye on it just in case only because I am a sucker for the Future War aesthetic.

Beastro

Arcane
WTF hasn't anyone made a game from the perspective of a Terminator yet?

Make it infiltration/assassination game or just straight up bad ass walking around gunning people down trying to kill John Conner, both sound great.

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

Ezekiel

Arcane
Gross. Another hipster game with big, gross tattoos on a woman. I don't remember fashion being a part of James Cameron's future. What are the tattoos even for? Humanity is united against the machines. It's not like the machines are a rival street gang who understand the gross body art. Why in the hell does she have a tattoo of a skull with a knife going through it if this is humanity's future?

tenor.gif

The skulls on her arm don't look like terminators.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Have they actually ever released a decent Terminator game on any system?

WTF hasn't anyone made a game from the perspective of a Terminator yet?

Make it infiltration/assassination game or just straight up bad ass walking around gunning people down trying to kill John Conner, both sound great.

The very first Terminator game, released in 1990, might just be the thing you're looking for.

2279-the-terminator-dos-front-cover.jpg

You can choose to play either as Kyle Reese or as the Terminator, and have a gaming area close to 60 square miles of downtown Los Angeles in 1984. The game gets you clothes, but you'll have to find everything else yourself.

If you can stomach 1990-era 3D graphics, you might find this enjoyable.

JDR13

Arcane

So I tried it and... my God...

Even with low expectations I'm surprised at how bad it is. No wonder they took it off steam.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
It was also the first multiplayer FPS game I ever played that had vehicles. It might even be the first ever to have vehicles, but I don't know for certain.

I'll be damned, this looks like a PS1 port of C&C Renegade. Really cool.

Yeah, it's the lost Bethesda game that no one talks about. The engine was an odd 2D/3D hybrid, in that most of the character sprites and enemies were legit 3D models, but it also had tons of 2D sprites. I think it was made on a modified version of the Daggerfall engine, but I could be wrong. It was just as buggy as Daggerfall on release, though, so I was never able to finish it. Like Daggerfall's dungeons, you'd randomly end up falling through the floor and dying at critical points. The multiplayer was awesome, though. I used to play it LAN with a friend of mine. Having vehicles was next level shit at the time.

JDR13

Arcane
Yeah, it's the lost Bethesda game that no one talks about. The engine was an odd 2D/3D hybrid, in that most of the character sprites and enemies were legit 3D models, but it also had tons of 2D sprites. I think it was made on a modified version of the Daggerfall engine, but I could be wrong. It was just as buggy as Daggerfall on release, though, so I was never able to finish it.

I think the Terminator games predated Daggerfall.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, it's the lost Bethesda game that no one talks about. The engine was an odd 2D/3D hybrid, in that most of the character sprites and enemies were legit 3D models, but it also had tons of 2D sprites. I think it was made on a modified version of the Daggerfall engine, but I could be wrong. It was just as buggy as Daggerfall on release, though, so I was never able to finish it.

I think the Terminator games predated Daggerfall.

Most of them (if not all) do, or were released simultaneously at the latest.

YldriE

Learned
Even with low expectations I'm surprised at how bad it is.
Well damn, I'm sorry you had such a shit experience. Coop + easy mode made it a good bonding game to me, but if you go solo with mouse&keyboard it compares extremely unfavorably to... anything else.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page:

And it's marked as Adult Only...?

This product contains frequent violence and bad language. There are scenes of nudity, sexual content and some gore.

Maybe someone set up the store page confused this as M rating thing, or does this game actually have AO rating sexual scenes and gore...?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom