Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

CyberModuled

Savant
payment only via credit card, when in the past PayPal was an option :abyssgazer:
fuck these incompetent hacks.
Contact MangaGamer directly via e-mail and then go through the process of getting MG Points with Paypay (1 point = .01 cent) and then use those points to buy the game. Yes, it's annoying but it's the only way to bypass PayPal's dumb rules and certainly not MG's fault when they've already had to do a lot to appease their regular payment processors (like hiding the adult section of the store, etc.)

payment only via credit card, when in the past PayPal was an option
fuck these incompetent hacks.

PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

Prohibited Activities, section two
relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

Now pray tell how is this their incompetence? :roll:

If credit card really isn't an option for you, I'd recommend contacting the customer service. In past at least there were other solutions to those problems.

Fucking imperialists forcing their absurdist, inhumane morals on everyone else.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Arunaru is fucking insane

5hlAb31.png
I will admit this has me REAAAAALLY hesitating to buy the game.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also bought it just for the principle.
Apart from 3G saying "gadzooks" and that one Nobunaga line, I don't really have issues with the translation. Nobunaga's tone feels appropriately more distinct before possession and I appreciate the names being more consistent. Plus the option to do only a single animation for aoe attacks is more than welcome.

ebPD8PePfC

Savant
What's the difference between the official version and the fan translation, excluding the translation? I'm asking because the fan translation is 1.9 gigabyte while the official version is 700MB.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I'm asking because the fan translation is 1.9 gigabyte while the official version is 700MB.
They might have actually compressed the graphics/sound files in this version given all the code changes they had to make - Japanese coders are infamous for just using raw .bmp / .wav files in their games

Some of the translation choices are more than dubious:argh:

Shit like
is completly out of place. And at the same time they remove all the some honorifics they keep the original naming of some military term, such as Ashigaru.

Last edited:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Shit like
is completly out of place. And at the same time they remove all the honorifics they keep the original naming of some military term, such as Ashigaru.

For weeb game targeted at niche weeb market I always wonder why they would insist on dropping honorfics .
I think that's because they genuinely want to do "localization." In other words, they want to be the next Ted Wolsey or one of those 90s jRPG translators that they probably grew up with. Working as a weeb game translator is already a "passion" career, so why not go all out?

Shit like
is completly out of place. And at the same time they remove all the honorifics they keep the original naming of some military term, such as Ashigaru.

For weeb game targeted at niche weeb market I always wonder why they would insist on dropping honorfics .
Well they actually keep some, like -san which is th most generic one. Weird choices.

TigerKnee

Arcane
The honorific policy for this game seems to be that JAPAN characters use them while Continent people do not according to Aru himself

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So aside from translation, what changes have they made?

I noticed multi attack animation setting, and coloring of the different columns in the troops menu.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
They probably translated the couple of the secret Easter egg images that were not translated before. That's why it took so long.

The ones drawn with crayons or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom