Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DyWNDRC.png
Howdyou get it to run smoothly men?
gog version?
I have the GOG version, but it runs choppy as hell.

Reinhardt

Arcane
New bosses actually looks cool

sN2Tf6O.png

and rapey

T5Zcuea.png

Didn't know it's boss fight right from the start so spent lots of money on useless stuff.:argh:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Shieeeeeet...

She has only 5 hp but 999 dodge and loses 1 hp when you kill one of her minions. So after killing first pair she summoned 2 more and THEN they started summoning doggos too. Against lvl 0 random party.

wInka7c.png

I guess it's last one. At least Mohammed is cool mohammed and works really hard

SuWU0Xg.png

For some reason boss stunned and marked xir minion so now Mohammed can try to save 2B's Butt

UVa0gn2.png

And he critted her to full hp!

Last edited:

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Howdyou get it to run smoothly men?
The game can be run in 4k, but the frame rate is awful no matter what you do. Yeah, I'm using the GOG version. In GOG\Redguard\DOSBOX, open nglide_config.exe. Set the resolution. Then in glide.ini, under options, make sure resolution is set to your chosen width (1920, 3840, whatever).

Reinhardt

Arcane
Kraken was easy. If you kill tentacles fast enough he will just spend turns to summon new.

UecBDpD.png

But i guess i will have to edit quest generation files after all. It's not funny anymore. Week 5.

tWUqW91.png

Endemic

Arcane
Terror mission went badly, due to being low on manpower and the Coelacanth arriving later than I expected. Most of the civilians were dead by the end of turn 2. My overuse of sonic pulsers destroyed a lot of equipment\alien corpses as well - regrettably I didn't grab a live Deep One.

tmajkdf.png

Fortunately, I'd intercepted a lot of USOs during the month, so the target actually increased their funding. I started building a second base (in the Atlantic) early, which is now online. The extra intercepts will pay dividends in February.

reportxkkgm.png

Jason Liang

Arcane
Very busy at the start of the new semester. Was only planning to play 2 hours last weekend, ended up playing 20 hours and missing 4 straight meals. What can I say, I luv this game's first playthrough balance. Game is even better now that it isn't in garbled Engrish. Who would have guessed?

sr0001.jpg

Bring it!

sr0002.jpg

Rance is one of literature's most unique voices.

sr0003.jpg

Bullying Kanami, even in absentia, is absolut prestigious.

sr0004.jpg

FORESHADOW

sr0005.jpg

Passed out Pulled out away after getting to the 3rd fan mark.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
59OOdWV.jpg

Replayed Silent Hill 3, PC version with widescreen patch. Unlike SH2, this time pc-port was pretty good.
This game looks fucking marvelous and puts some of modern games to shame.

Also Heather is the best female video game protagonist ever.

OjGcVrr.jpg

6OisS3b.jpg

kaDmiHA.jpg

xJ78CEB.jpg

yCRq0Cu.jpg

Frnw2vk.jpg

sTN77MS.jpg

KAnx7JU.jpg

YCTiI8S.jpg

72jkT00.jpg

hqWTuac.jpg

fU1dydl.jpg

uauh8IB.jpg

EhcNrfl.jpg

L6xFCvK.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Last stand of Mohammed and his harem of little infinitrons.

6Gd4eZg.png

Fucking thing hatched from random piggu corpse, started eating corpses and alive pigs and after each meal it grows in size and stats and heal to full hp. Also it hits like truck. It's 4 phase. And there is even one more corpse left...

Aaand it summoned 2 more phase 1 from corpse...

0AfjtBJ.png

Stupid thing. Don't mess with muslim and his wymmynz. 2 sanity checks and 2 virtues. Behold the power of fiki-fiki!

4pxibfc.png

Last edited:

The Red Knight

Erudite
Adventure games dump.

https://archive.org/details/Gruesome_demo
5-min-long tech demo of a cancelled game that aged badly.
8lwyRXG.png
f5pM4MX.png

lkj6y7V.jpg

8Y2paGS.png

VD633GO.jpg

wAxshNQ.jpg

KdL3u2X.png

cksTtnE.png

For some reason your binoculars have infinite zoom. Depicted: an edge of a sign.
https://archive.org/details/FreddyPharkasFrontierPharmacistDemo
p3ZSgAD.jpg
XPps9SX.jpg

You can't really do much in the demo and the game points it out at every step.
UVyLyoH.jpg

1lpnmbg.jpg

xCu7p6k.jpg
Igor: Objective Uikokahonia
An adventure game with hit-or-miss humor and a maze you have to go through twice.
lqLSqn4.jpg
VCIPOpU.jpg

ALWMKa5.jpg

cEccqQK.jpg

Ow4mWTQ.jpg
https://archive.org/details/Once_Upon_A_Crime
The first puzzle is a pixel hunt.
lBEybkH.png

https://archive.org/details/La_Croix_Pan
Very short.
vA5I3Jg.png

https://archive.org/details/little-girl-in-underland
Also very short.
qWJK2ab.png

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1575/
Likewise very short. The gimmick is learning details about people's lives (requires paying attention to what they say) to unlock body switch option and then taking control over them to get different dialogues.
0XpRmjS.png

YldriE

Learned
95% of jRPGs are unplayable without speed-up, which if seen the other way, is actually a good thing. If you missed out on some of them because they were too tedious, then with emulation you can have an alright experience and see what the fuss was all about.

I can't say I liked FF1 and FF2 all that much, but no way in hell I would have even tried without fast-forward.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
95% of jRPGs are unplayable without speed-up, which if seen the other way, is actually a good thing. If you missed out on some of them because they were too tedious, then with emulation you can have an alright experience and see what the fuss was all about.

The excessive grind is one of many problems of jRPG's IMO. The worst one is that they often force you to be an androgynous teenager with an oversized swors. I wanna use high magical power in high fantasy settings and "high technology" in sci fy settings, in medieval non fantasy games, i rather use polearms than swords.

PS : When i mean jRPG's, i mean FF VII, not Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The way text is slowly types out rather than appearing instantly is one major feature of JRPGs that absolutely annoys me. Why the fuck is this even a thing? Who came up with such a retarded idea?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom