Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch™ Remastered - NOW I & II on STEAM !

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
https://store.steampowered.com/app/798460?snr=2_9_100006_100202_apphubheader
As i don't like Jrpg's , i just can't stop playing it ! What the fuck, its better than witcher 3 :) DO NOT THINK MORE... DO NOT WAIT.... DO NOT WHINE >>>> JUST FUCKIN PLAY IT !!! IT ROLLS !
0eed70780c05089bd68ce8d500fcfae4c85bd92c.jpg

Im sick… i canoot resist it… and its part I while part II waiting on my hdd… God im sick but its sooo fiiiiiinnneee!

Ni-no-Kuni-Wrath-of-the-White-Witch-Remastered-Torrent-Download.jpg

5d81e2cdac8d2.jpg

5scrmax1.jpg

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
This is not bad weeb shit. Ni No Kuni 1 was good on PS3 and I own 2 on PS4 but still haven't played it. But this must go to the weeb section. This is the games for grown ups section

Insert Title Here

I dropped the first one after the first desert town or whatever for reasons unremembered, but I still don't know what they meant by this.

Dexter

Arcane
As i don't like Jrpg's , i just can't stop playing it ! What the fuck
Same here, my experience with JRPGs is like liking Septerra Core back in the day (lore and characters), but getting tired of the grind near the end-game dungeon. Also playing Recettear ironically and kinda enjoying it a bit and trying Final Fantasy XIII till I got bored out of my mind by the corridor-ness and stupid grind of the game. Oh yeah, and playing Legend of Legacy for a few hours on a 3DS before I got bored.

But I ended up acquiring Ni No Kuni II during a Humble Bundle Sale and liked it a lot, to the point I played it for like a hundred hours: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...d-coming-to-pc-too.105135/page-8#post-6314802

Pre-Ordered the first one after that and played it for like 5 hours, but I haven't quite gotten into it like the 2nd part yet and it seems more simplistic and hand-holdy so far, although the first boss battle made it seem like it might be a bit more challenging.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Dexter can You point me to similar good jrpg titles after i finish Ni no Kuni duology for PC ? I have zero to none experience in this genre. But im hooked already. What a blast it's so refreshing like new land...

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm really growing to hate the combat system in the game, it some sort of hideous amalgation of turn-based actions combined with real time where you can't properly control party members, instead flipping through them like crazy. It's really a showcase of why its better to make either, proper action based, proper turn-based, but goddamn decide what you want to be. And when it comes to boss fights, real time positioning also plays an effect, which works like utter shite

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It's okay. Story is simplistic, but I was expecting that. Visuals are okay, but you have to content with something clearly aimed at little kids, all the cute monsters and stuff. The very few (so far) Ghibli animation sequences are nice but feel like wasted on a game like this that's pretty rote overall. The Pokemon aspect doesn't come into play too much, you can go crazy and collect them all, or just stuff your part and develop them and do the rest of the game. Not much need to grind if you follow the main path so far, allthough bosses are clearly difficulty spikes made infinitely more annoying by the combat system

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Pre-Ordered the first one after that and played it for like 5 hours, but I haven't quite gotten into it like the 2nd part yet and it seems more simplistic and hand-holdy so far, although the first boss battle made it seem like it might be a bit more challenging.
Wasn't Ni No Kuni II FAR easier than first one?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Wasn't Ni No Kuni II FAR easier than first one?

I haven't played the 2nd one, but from what I heard it was so easy they had to patch in a hard mode to offer a modicum of challenge. The 1st one has two difficulties, easy and normal, and on normal only the boss battles really can kill you. New areas usually have hard-ish enemies, but after leveling a bit they are easy-peasy

Dexter

Arcane
Dexter can You point me to similar good jrpg titles after i finish Ni no Kuni duology for PC ? I have zero to none experience in this genre. But im hooked already. What a blast it's so refreshing like new land...
As I said I haven't got much experience with JRPGs, the ones I listed are all I remember playing. I think I'm going to attempt playing Dragon Quest XI or some of the Tales games (Vesperia/Zestiria/Berseria) after I'm done with these, I wouldn't know if they're any good though. They seem to be popular and recently released on PC.

I'm really growing to hate the combat system in the game, it some sort of hideous amalgation of turn-based actions combined with real time where you can't properly control party members, instead flipping through them like crazy.
The 2nd one has got Real-Time combat.

I haven't played the 2nd one, but from what I heard it was so easy they had to patch in a hard mode to offer a modicum of challenge.
It's not THAT easy. It's just that it has no Level-scaling and it's really easy to out-level the main game content, trying to take on some of the bosses/infected monster prematurely or trying to do some of the battles underleveled can be quite tough though, I mentioned all that in the NNK2 thread: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...d-coming-to-pc-too.105135/page-8#post-6314802
Got this in the Namco Bandai Humble Bundle sale thingie (the game + all "DLC" for $12) and ended up liking it a lot, to the point that I Pre-Ordered the first Ni No Kuni, which afaik goes Live tomorrow?

I liked the combination of Exploration/Fighting/City Building/RTS it had to offer, although the RTS part is the weakest of them all and there's only like 50 "battles" that you can enter through the map in total. I liked most of the charming Nintendo-like characters and parts of the game, the good-looking cartoony Ghibli-style graphics, cool and distinct music for most areas and the main story was interesting enough, with a nice combination of gameplay features which made me end up playing it for like 100 hours.

The fights could be really easy or very tough throughout depending on when you take them on, some of the DLC stuff like the rabbit fight bosses after sleeping at an inn were tough as shit, since there is no Level scaling and I was usually under-leveled for them.

Now to some of the downsides I experienced. One of the main downsides ironically being said Level scaling, since while there are some tough encounters you can choose to take on (and might lose at even during the endgame, since there are some bosses that do 1k+ individual damage and have 2k+ AoE damage skills and a shitload of HP), if you do a lot of the side quests offered after every chapter and make ample use of the crafting opportunities offered in the city building part, you’re gonna end up being like Level 60 doing Level 42 quests or similar at some point.

The other being a bit of grindy-ness, which to the games credit you don't have to participate in and isn't part of the main story. It’s just some side quests you have to do for completion sake like the Dreamer’s Mazes that go from having to slog through repetitive randomly generated 5/6 up to 15/18 level dungeons to get to the boss on the final level, and then you get rewarded with a 40 level monotonous "dungeon" you're supposed to farm for crafting materials. Then they apparently came up with the amazing idea of making a Dungeon DLC called "The Lair of the Lost Lord" that's even more of the same, but offers a dungeon with 100 monotonous repetitive levels!

The other two from the apparently Free "Adventure Pack" to the "The Tale of a Timeless Tome" seemed interesting enough, with an Optional QTE-based Spellcasting Enhancement/Improvements to Higgledies and more Backstory to some of the game's major characters on the 2nd and also offering several new mini-quests and a main story-line each so far which are interspersed throughout the main story of the game, although they're only finish-able after endgame and I haven't gotten that far with them yet.

Some parts of the main story were also not quite as good as the others, for instance I thought Hydropolis and some of the later parts of the game weren’t quite on par or as fully developed as the early stuff leading up to learning the game mechanics, founding the kingdom and exploring the first continent and Goldpaw. And there was also a bit too much downtime between major chapters if you choose to do all the newly added side-quests each time.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm really growing to hate the combat system in the game, it some sort of hideous amalgation of turn-based actions combined with real time where you can't properly control party members, instead flipping through them like crazy. It's really a showcase of why its better to make either, proper action based, proper turn-based, but goddamn decide what you want to be. And when it comes to boss fights, real time positioning also plays an effect, which works like utter shite

That's because the devs fucked up and wanted to add their own thing for the PS3 edition, while the original (and superior) DS game had proper turn-based combat with positioning and party formation, amongst other things (such as no braindead companion AI).
Fighting bosses that summon minions is a pain in the ass due your companions going dumber than usual. Also, these annoying attacks that have an animation interrupt any other charging technique at the time, for good and bad.

The Pokemon aspect doesn't come into play too much, you can go crazy and collect them all, or just stuff your part and develop them and do the rest of the game. Not much need to grind if you follow the main path so far, allthough bosses are clearly difficulty spikes made infinitely more annoying by the combat system

I disagree, you need to collect powerful monsters to do the White Witch section (which was grafted onto the main story with the grace of an armless drunk surgeon) due having multiple bosses with several combat phases and extremely damaging capacities. On the other hand, balance by that point is forgotten, as you can easily rob tons of highly powerful elixir healing items from random encounters found in one mandatory section. Also, don't bother with the postgame, it's grindy and way too long, check videos to spare your time instead.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I barely fought the first time with Shadar, I think I'm still quite far away from the ending, so you might be right

Movement speed on the worldmap (which looks sometimes quite stunning) is also agonizing slow, especially when you want to do all the fetch quests

lightbane

Arcane
You'll eventually get spells and travel methods that speed up the worldmap movement, as per JRPG rules. There's also an ability that can be bought with points acquired from doing side-quests that increases Oliver's movement speed. Jumping also increases movement a little, especially in combat.
Lastly, activating spells in the worldmap momentarily freezes any enemy moving around, which can be exploited to grind enemies that give lots of EXP and such, which you'll need for the final boss of the game due the ridiculously high damage output it has.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
while the original (and superior) DS game had proper turn-based combat with positioning and party formation, amongst other things (such as no braindead companion AI).
Wait, you don't have full control either in the turn-based DS version? This is very stupid.

lightbane

Arcane
I mean you control your entire party manually in the DS version IIRC, so there's no need for braindead companion AI. Also, the stupid fairy is a temporary companion in the original edition, which means you can use him to take a few hits for your amusement.

Vorark

Erudite
Was looking forward to the game once it got a nice discount but had no idea the DS version was so much better. Thanks for the info, lightbane.

lightbane

Arcane
Eh, you can always check if *cough* a certain Girl known for her Fitness *cough* has a method to demo the game and see what you think. The WWitch edition looks fantastic, the production values are there for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom