Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

frajaq

Erudite
I'm gonna have to control my autism with those clothes that give stat/skill bonuses... what if I miss a Drama check out of nowhere but I had the Bow Knot in my inventory???? must...not...save scum...
twDKUFG.png

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
I'm gonna have to control my autism with those clothes that give stat/skill bonuses... what if I miss a Drama check out of nowhere but I had the Bow Knot in my inventory???? must...not...save scum...
twDKUFG.png

I love these clothes. Now I have to play it.

gaussgunner

Arcane
53K views from 2 weeks ago.

That's on the publisher's (relatively unknown) channel. The same video got 111K views Obsidian's channel and 363K views on Playstation channel, not to mention videos hosted on places like IGN.

Disco Elysium isn't even in the top 100 most wishlisted games on Steam, it's on page 6.
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=popularwishlist&page=6

Steam followers (those who subscribed to announcements) is also useful number to look at. Disco has 9,685 followers: https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/632470/Disco_Elysium/

Encased, probably the most anticipated indie CRPG, has 15,380 followers.

(For those who about to compare these to already released CRPGs, followers usually increase greatly after the launch.)

They're doing good for indies.

Colony Ship has 3,942
Queen's Wish has 2,537
Copper Dreams isn't even on there yet

This game made a strong impression on me when it was No Truce With The Furries and the dev was shitposting here every day and it was just their first little game, due out in 2016. Three years later it's finally coming out and I haven't forgotten about it, but not that excited. Dunno if it's still AOD-style choose-your-own-adventure, that was my main complaint back then, maybe they've changed it. It still looks artsy and experimental and heavy on dialogue.

But it's probably better than Obsidian shit. I might give it a chance if it's cheap.

:keepmyjewgold:

These pants you can wear.
This is from the older trailer, so hopefully that typo is fixed by now.
-1 Savoir Faire: Tight around the thighs
+1 Electrochemistry: Tight around the crotch :lol:

My mind is like sieve nowadays, but wasn't this going to be an EGS exclusive at some point?
It was going to be published by Humble, but apparently something happened since it's no longer for sale on the Humble store and Humble is no longer listed as the publisher on Steam. Unfortunately it's probably something they can't talk about but I'm really fucking curious what went down.

Insert Title Here
It was going to be published by Humble, but apparently something happened since it's no longer for sale on the Humble store and Humble is no longer listed as the publisher on Steam. Unfortunately it's probably something they can't talk about but I'm really fucking curious what went down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Humble was pushing them to go EGS exclusive thanks to their "partnership" with Epic.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Humble liked the original title more and ZA/UM wasn't willing to compromise over Disco ball

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

I should do a YouTube Let's Play of either this game or one of the others releasing soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom