Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Styg not 1337 enough

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It sometimes starts instantly, and other times takes 15s to 1 minute - on an M2 SSD with top of the line specs. Probably anti-virus, yeah. Maybe making an exception for the game folder might help. Haven't tried it. Don't mind waiting.

Sykar

Arcane
It can take significantly longer than 5 minutes on a fragmented non-SSD, something like 1-2 minutes on a brand new SSD.
You can thank the "for(i=0; i<muh_entire_game.size(); i++)" loading code, I guess.

Never had load times longer than 1-2 minutes and my PC is about 8 years old with only the graphic card being replaced so far since then. i5 3.4 GHz with 8 GB DDR-3 RAM and a 1070 GTX.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
It can take significantly longer than 5 minutes on a fragmented non-SSD, something like 1-2 minutes on a brand new SSD.
You can thank the "for(i=0; i<muh_entire_game.size(); i++)" loading code, I guess.

Never had load times longer than 1-2 minutes and my PC is about 8 years old with only the graphic card being replaced so far since then. i5 3.4 GHz with 8 GB DDR-3 RAM and a 1070 GTX.
1-2 minutes is huge given my current laptop that i play it on is almost 13 years old. And now it's on external disk (before it was on internal SSD) to boot. I don't use any antivirus scamware though so maybe that helps.

Sykar

Arcane

1-2 minutes is huge given my current laptop that i play it on is almost 13 years old. And now it's on external disk (before it was on internal SSD) to boot. I don't use any antivirus scamware though so maybe that helps.

It is usually less than 60 seconds for me. Don't care much about it since it only happens at the start. If it would happen during map transitions it would be a different discussion for me.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Map transition and saving is kinda slow though. Especially considering how often you have to transit from cell to cell and that you surely want to save after every combat. Not using full potential of RAM seems weird, but i don't know shit about technicalities so i don't judge, just note.

Gibson

Learned
I've never used "external" Antivirus (rather have a virus than an antivirus tbh); but making an exception in Win Defender brought it down to about 2min which is bearable and therefore good news so I can play the game and finally be a dystopian sneaky fucker

but in comparison: Deadfire and Kingmaker boot up faster. and that shit is just weird.

ciox

Liturgist
I've never used "external" Antivirus (rather have a virus than an antivirus tbh); but making an exception in Win Defender brought it down to about 2min which is bearable and therefore good news so I can play the game and finally be a dystopian sneaky fucker

but in comparison: Deadfire and Kingmaker boot up faster. and that shit is just weird.

I would still try turning Defender off completely for a few minutes then seeing what the loading times are like, I've tried the exception thing before and it didn't do anything to stop Anti-Malware Service which is the main source of slowdown.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The world of Underrail is harsh.
I made Camp Hathor and the Rat King agree to peace, then I went and killed him.

Codex Year of the Donut
Bigger spike of reviews from Sseth making a video about this than it got at launch.
Using my proprietary sales formula™, I estimate about 22,000 ± 8,000 copies were sold since the video released.

Sykar

Arcane
Map transition and saving is kinda slow though. Especially considering how often you have to transit from cell to cell and that you surely want to save after every combat. Not using full potential of RAM seems weird, but i don't know shit about technicalities so i don't judge, just note.

Turn off autosave on map transition. Makes them very fast.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
I feel like my crossbow+stealth character is just incapable of handling Expedition. I'm moving through savage territory now and getting absolutely raped. It seems like this whole part was designed not to be played by stealth characters at all. In any given area I can snipe one guy and then I have to rely on pure luck to wipe out 3 or more with a plasma grenade, otherwise I get destroyed. Starting a new character would be a huge setback since I'm well more than halfway through the game at this point.

ciox

Liturgist
I feel like my crossbow+stealth character is just incapable of handling Expedition. I'm moving through savage territory now and getting absolutely raped. It seems like this whole part was designed not to be played by stealth characters at all. In any given area I can snipe one guy and then I have to rely on pure luck to wipe out 3 or more with a plasma grenade, otherwise I get destroyed. Starting a new character would be a huge setback since I'm well more than halfway through the game at this point.
Level? Tbh no matter the level you should be able to handle just about anything with MK3 Shock Bolts, it's just how it is with crossbows.

You can also just come back later, hell even post-DC if you want to. (tbh then you might actually get a chance to use veteran feats like Sea Dog to the fullest)

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really the only natives you need to kill are the main tribesman. The Magnar fight lets you use a fuckton of traps, the fire guy will be a tough fight ngl, use traps and perhaps even have to abuse a zone transition and come around the back end, and there is the graveyard boss but that shouldn't be too bad.

hell bovine

Arcane
I feel like my crossbow+stealth character is just incapable of handling Expedition.
Create a field of traps (either mines if your trap skill is high enough or simple bear traps), then set a tnt charge. The entire map will run over to investigate (excluding those few poor souls chained to the ballista stations). Then you can just mop up with a plasma grenade.

ciox

Liturgist
I feel like my crossbow+stealth character is just incapable of handling Expedition.
Create a field of traps (either mines if your trap skill is high enough or simple bear traps), then set a tnt charge. The entire map will run over to investigate (excluding those few poor souls chained to the ballista stations). Then you can just mop up with a plasma grenade.

S6YP2hh.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom