Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Cromwell

Arcane
Jesus, Bester. Stop embarrasing yourself.

had to ignore him because it just got to annoying to watch. Jasede I also wanted to buy eels but after I ended up with to stacks I bought cheap I noticed that the prices just dont go up anymore, they spam the fucking ah with eels for 8-14 silver now I sit on my two stacks (not that thats much but still)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I bought like 30 stacks! But it was a mistake. It's better to make 10 gold right now than 3000 gold in 6 months.

Cromwell

Arcane
bought like 30 stacks! But it was a mistake. It's better to make 10 gold right now than 3000 gold in 6 months.

Its the usual problem of subhumans, everything these creatures farm is "for free" therefore every profit they make is profit instead of calculating the time needed to farm them (especially if they have to level up fishing and or are in level range of the zones where they can be fished). I am not 100% sure but I think with prices under 20 silver an eel it would be worth more to just go and quest and sell quest loot and such stuff.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Was looking forward to coming here to see people back pedal on their pre-launch "making gold is so hard! getting your 60% mount before 50 requires godlike ah/profession magic" talk. But no, they seem to have had the same results here. Do you not loot mobs or quest? Do you buy max rank for every ability, even ones you don't bother putting on your bars? I didn't engage with the ah at all pre-60, had no professions and had the necessary gold at ~40. That's with deleting/not looting a bunch because of full tiny bags as I was only upgrading with what I looted/was rewarded with.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I have 300+ gold and two black lotuses right now and took all my skill ranks (on a Druid so it's a lot more expensive than most other classes) and leveled leather working to 225, got rid of it and then leveled alchemy to 300. Idk but making money seems p easy. Haven't really made any money off the AH in two weeks either. No one wants to buy Mongoose or Shadow Power Elixirs so I've made zero cash with Alch so far.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I have 300+ gold and two black lotuses right now and took all my skill ranks (on a Druid so it's a lot more expensive than most other classes) and leveled leather working to 225, got rid of it and then leveled alchemy to 300. Idk but making money seems p easy. Haven't really made any money off the AH in two weeks either. No one wants to buy Mongoose or Shadow Power Elixirs so I've made zero cash with Alch so far.
Spare some change?

Cromwell

Arcane

so you did what? I am only 20 so I dont know if I really need the ah but it doesnt hurt to use it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If you're on a PVP server making Free Action Pots or Living Action could make you some pretty pennies.

The raid ones don't matter too much because MC is easily dropped. Why would someone waste gold to kill a boss that dies in almost no time if threat is properly managed? You give me the choice of an Elixir of Mongoose or Living Action Potion? LAP all day. Negating stunlocks and snares and gaining immunity to them for 5 seconds is going to take me further on a PVP server and have more practical use at this stage. Consider also even when PVP trinkets eventually come, they don't remove every CC effect so those potions will be even more desired for classes that would otherwise get fucked by stunlocks.

Edit: Oh wait disregard, I don't think the vendor for that recipe is implemented in the game until ZG comes out.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

so you did what? I am only 20 so I dont know if I really need the ah but it doesnt hurt to use it.
I didn't do anything much at all tbh. AH has been borderline useless for the past two weeks now on my server. Greens don't sell for anything so I've just been vendoring all of them. Even got all my runecloth back from the AH, which was a -30s loss on deposit fees. Selling herbs is not very reliable either.

Edit: Ding 58. The end is near. Signed up for an MC pug for tomorrow as well.

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
Level 42. 77 gold. No mount in sight. Game absolutely bad.

Just reroll as Warlock or Paladin, you'll get a free mount (well not exactly free). Imagine us trying to get Epic Mounts and wiping repeatedly in raids and 5-mens back in vanilla, a good percent of the gold income went to repairs.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I didn't buy any skills from like level 38 or so (I think) until I bought the mount at 42. I grinded for a level or so on mobs that dropped grays.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just had the worst Uldaman run. Usually everything goes well but this time...

The two mages kept casting before I swung at the mobs, the healer was pulling aggro all the time to shield the warlock who kept dying AoEing mobs... We made it to the last room and I got some nice plate gloves but then we disbanded.

Really makes me wonder if this is just the tank difficulty spike up from SM showing me I still suck garbage or if my team dropped the ball. Generally I think I'm at fault if the healer keeps making me use up my taunts. Never had this issue before. Ran Cathedral before this with the same guys and that was a faceroll.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
or if my team dropped the ball.

the priest is an idiot. shield is ever only for yourself your dd dont deserve it because they shouldnt take enough damage anyways and your tank gets no rage (and therfore aggro) if you shield him (maybe if you need a time puffer to heal but thne you fucked up before). So yes they dropped the ball, its impossible to gte aggro if you attack the one target the tank attacks even if he doesnt target switch as long as he uses more than autoattacks. The only one who can draw aggro from more mobs than the main target is the healer and thats why he has a shield only for himself in case the tank is retarded and doesnt switch.

my first 60 was priest and I never had tank problems but I let everyone else die if I saw them do stupid stuff.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I figured my biggest issue would be bag space, as inventory was at a premium back when i played wow at launch, so i rolled leather-working so i could make bags for myself and to sell on AH... after leveling to 150 i checked when i could get a decent bag pattern and realized that my dumbfucked self confused LW with tailoring.

As a resto shaman will i get any use from this shit or should i just start something that i can actually use and make money?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I figured my biggest issue would be bag space, as inventory was at a premium back when i played wow at launch, so i rolled leather-working so i could make bags for myself and to sell on AH... after leveling to 150 i checked when i could get a decent bag pattern and realized that my dumbfucked self confused LW with tailoring.

As a resto shaman will i get any use from this shit or should i just start something that i can actually use and make money?
With Tribal LW you can make Hide of the Wild, a very good epic healer cape once Diremaul drops (since the recipe is a drop there) and Corehound Belt, which is a very good healer epic belt but you need to raid MC and skin Corehounds or wait for Diremaul so you can skin the doggie boss there for Corehound leather. You can also craft Devilsaur gear that's valuable BiS for Rogues, Fury Warriors and Feral Druids and Wolfshead Helm which is also Feral Druid BiS helm for p much the entirety of Vanilla. So, yes. You can make nice money with it and craft some healer loot.

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
33f5cc4c95415e85643012e79e015c22.png

Turns out my new money-making scheme might actually work :bounce:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Have been trying to go to Uldaman for 2 hours. No such luck. Stupid fucking game with no LFG system.

7b03e385fe05f72034cb49a91c2daf77.png

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
- Ok so wait for 2 hours for someone to invite me. Got invited to a group of DPS Sham and Rogue
- I start wisping everyone on server, offering every healer and tank to go to Ulda
- Find healer
- Find tank
- Head there. 3 minutes later I'm at the entrance
- 15 mins later tank arrives. No one else is here
- Priest silently leaves
- I say DONT LEAVE I'LL FIND SOMEONE ELSE
- I do find a new priest
- We wait for 20 more minutes. Shammy is still in Feralas at this point, Rogue is running to Badlands cause he's got no FP
- Skip 40 minutes, they finally arrive. That tank didn't leave is a miracle.
- Once we get in, Rogue and Shammy start a debate with tank, then call him a retard, imbecile, moron (which he didn't deserve)
- Tank gets pissed off and leaves. Group crumbles.

THANKS, FUCKERS

80g, 43 level.

System

Educated
Quick tip for earning money around lvl 40 if you dont have profs and don't want to jew the AH. Kill spiders in Arathi and earth elementals in Badlands, they drop useless grays that can be vendored 5-10 gold per full bags. Earth elementals also drop Elemental Earth that can be sold on AH for few gold.
Dungeons while good for xp are not that good for gold farming.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
and don't want to jew the AH
Lmao, dude, there's no way to make money on AH by buying and reselling.

1- Because of rake, which is hard to beat.
2- Because you may buy stuff today, but tomorrow it's all even cheaper and you're losing money. You may invest into buying all the cheap items but then there's less demand than what you have on your hands now.
3- You may not sell it 2-3 times and now you've LOST considerable amount of silver already.

Earth elementals also drop Elemental Earth that can be sold on AH for few gold.
At a rate of 5-6g per hour. Useless advice, thanks.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Quick tip for earning money around lvl 40 if you dont have profs and don't want to jew the AH. Kill spiders in Arathi and earth elementals in Badlands, they drop useless grays that can be vendored 5-10 gold per full bags. Earth elementals also drop Elemental Earth that can be sold on AH for few gold.
Dungeons while good for xp are not that good for gold farming.
Don't sell elemental earth until AQ, IMO. If you do, sell to me for cheap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom