Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Surge 2

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Looks like a more polished non-clunky ELEX.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is BS, there has to have been a way they could balance range weapons to work for player. It works in DS...
Yes. It's called a drone. Your character is too damn manly to use guns himself, but at the same time the new drone system makes it so you have access to guns at any point. Instead of just pew pew energy based lasers like in the first game you get a "pistol" drone, "smg" drone, and "sniper" drone, at the very least (haven't finished the game yet) on top of some other utility options and you use those ranged attacks to snipe enemies, deal with annoying turrets, help you out while you're out of stamina and so on. It's kinda neat, actually.
also there are no machine guns in souls/sekiro/nioh and similar games. the game would just turn into gears of war instead.

Geisler

Educated
Runs like crap while looking like something from the previous decade, with a heap of other games doing the gameplay better. The only thing it has going for it is the sci-fi setting, which barely gets built on in any interesting way.

Skipping this shit just like the first one.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
also there are no machine guns in souls/sekiro/nioh and similar games. the game would just turn into gears of war instead.

Souls/Sekiro/Nioh and similar games avoid setting with machine guns so they don't have to deal with them. Surge takes place in a futuristic sci-fi setting and the devs just go "suspend your disbelief, idiot!" instead of making it work or giving an in-world explanation as to why the protagonist doesn't use guns (I assume there is no explanation, never played these games).

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Watched some reviews, and I don't know what happened here, but the game definitely lost the charm of its predecessor. The Surge looked like a janky yet atmospheric SciFi game akin to Technomancer/Remember Me, but looking at this one, my first thought was that it looks like The Division 2 with robots. Completely bland urban levels that don't even look futuristic. I really hate that modern "future is nao" aesthetic to make SciFi look like present day on steroids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom