Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Arx Fatalis Unreal Engine 4 remake

PsychoFox

Educated
I know this might be a niche opinion, but I had to stop playing Arx Fatalis because it literally disgusted me.

The game's soundscape is full of NPCs coughing, swallowing their phlegm, spitting, sneezing, snoring... my Jeebuz. I really couldn't take it.

Old Hans

Arcane
this is going to be one of those things in five years we'll all be saying "hey whatever happened to that arx fatalis unreal 4 mod"

Abhay

Augur
One man team full of good intentions but I don't have high hopes with such projects. I don't think there's any need for total conversion. Prefer improvements to the gameplay aspects like the Arx Insanity mod. There's also Arx Extended mod which is still getting attention from the author.

Then there's Libertatis still seeing (slowly but steady) changes to the code in the form of snapshots. Though I wonder why they don't release a newer, updated version with all the developments, so far?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"Improving" models will only decrease the likelihood of this being "completed".

I just hope this to be a faithful one that comes with goodies of modern engine and ideally some modding possibilities with Unreal editor. (Also tone down that harsh light/shadow and floor reflection.)

User0001

Savant

This game was playable at the start but time made it unplayable until recently (maybe a bit more than 5 years ago?.

If this remake makes it in about a few years I won't be angry. Arx Fatalis is a great forgotten gem.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I know this might be a niche opinion, but I had to stop playing Arx Fatalis because it literally disgusted me.

The game's soundscape is full of NPCs coughing, swallowing their phlegm, spitting, sneezing, snoring... my Jeebuz. I really couldn't take it.

You must be the most beloved employee at your work then, eh?

Old Hans

Arcane
OLD GAME IN NEW ENGINE
OLD GAME IN NEW ENGINE
OLD GAME IN NEW ENGINW
OLD GAME IN NEW ENGIME
OLD GAME IN MEW ENFINE
OLD GAME IN NEW ENGIME
OLD GAME FOR. MRW NEW RING NE
giphy.gif

ds

Cipher
Patron
Someone is again toying with a (different) remake in Unreal:

This is not nearly as far along as the videos from the previous attempt though. Seems to be using the original meshes and textures. Having the secondary inventory open over the container instead of at the screen edge is a neat idea even if it look silly without changing the inventory texture.

ds

Cipher
Patron
Someone is again toying with a (different) remake in Unreal:

This is not nearly as far along as the videos from the previous attempt though. Seems to be using the original meshes and textures. Having the secondary inventory open over the container instead of at the screen edge is a neat idea even if it look silly without changing the inventory texture.

More progress:

Don't really see the point of these UE4 remakes but if you wanted to make one then focusing on systems first before recreating the levels is probably a better approach to something that can be released. Doesn't look like neither of these cares to actually share their work before they get there though.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Arx Fatalis is still kinda OK? Also finished it 2 times meanwhile this cosmic horror is in work in progress.

Game is for 1 dolar on Steam BTW

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom